2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crowder is 6-6, 240 and all muscle. Average NBA pf is 6-8, 234. He plays pf exclusively. He is not a sf. He is a pf in the mold of a PJ Tucker. There are a number of effective players like this.

Except the Bucks were playing Tucker at small forward, and he was getting abused in Houston in the playoffs when he was called upon to play the 4 and the 5.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 2-3 inches taller (Draymond Green really being the only exception).

Did you have problems with Charles Barkley at power forward too?

There is more than height, it's the space you occupy and defense as well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope this isn't the case. If we lose Payne to NY then I surely hope the teams discuss S&T. They have several players that could help our roster.....Noel being A1, but Burks, Bullock, (for me, McBride...still think he's gonna be a great player)

I also think if we lose Payne, then we need to full court press TJ McConnell as his replacement

Or Reggie Jackson. Or Cory Joseph.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

only the Knicks would be stupid enough to give Payne a starters contract at 15 million plus.

but they certainly could do that. Losing Payne would be a big blow. In that case, maybe one of these PGs who doesn’t find riches would be willing to come here on a 1 year deal to run the second team and boost their stock.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did you have problems with Charles Barkley at power forward too?

There is more than height, it's the space you occupy and defense as well.

I don't know that Barkley would be anywhere near as effective in today's NBA, where much of the front court game is played above the rim.

That being said, Barkley had uncanny strength and a beyond huge rear end that he used to his advantage. Jae has average power forward strength but is hugely undersized and not particularly athletic. That makes him a decent bench player but a very limited starter.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember when Dieng got cut early in the season PHX was rumored to have interest but decided to trade for Craig instead.

Dieng has been a very productive player in his career (numbers better than I expected). Older but probably cheaper than Noel. Noel is hard to gauge because everyone thought he was going to get paid last year but signed a 1 year $5M with the Knicks for crying out loud. He should have a market but I don't think he gets $10M a year on his next deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that Barkley would be anywhere near as effective in today's NBA, where much of the front court game is played above the rim.

That being said, Barkley had uncanny strength and a beyond huge rear end that he used to his advantage. Jae has average power forward strength but is hugely undersized and not particularly athletic. That makes him a decent bench player but a very limited starter.

Charles Barkley would find a way to struggle through somehow. It's hard to believe you think this.

BARKLEY was a superstar.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
only the Knicks would be stupid enough to give Payne a starters contract at 15 million plus.

but they certainly could do that. Losing Payne would be a big blow. In that case, maybe one of these PGs who doesn’t find riches would be willing to come here on a 1 year deal to run the second team and boost their stock.
If they somehow lure Payne away then we should pursue Rose.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread where this is being discussed? Can't find one anywhere.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
If they somehow lure Payne away then we should pursue Rose.
The Rumor is NYK signing both Rose and Payne to split at PG.

Some have mentioned Reggie Jackson, but with his mental health and what the Clips did for him, I don't see him leaving LA.

Some have mentioned Bullock, he'd be a decent piece, however, my full court press, if Payne leaves would be on TJ. He's tough nose defensively and had better stats than Payne did this year. He's like Payne with Carter's defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread where this is being discussed? Can't find one anywhere.

It's been discussed on this thread and "Changes for Next Season?" thread.

Most fans think Chris Paul will opt out and sign a multi-year contract with the Suns that will free up money to re-sign Cam Payne.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA Radio thinks siakam is on the way out as he doesn’t get along with nurse. Could be interesting. Don’t see jones pulling the trigger though.

Now that would make sense. I might actually be ok with that kind of deal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I hope this isn't the case. If we lose Payne to NY then I surely hope the teams discuss S&T. They have several players that could help our roster.....Noel being A1, but Burks, Bullock, (for me, McBride...still think he's gonna be a great player)

I also think if we lose Payne, then we need to full court press TJ McConnell as his replacement

Knicks have cap space, they don't need to do a sign and trade, and would be dumb to give assets up for no reason.

I was afraid of this. Caruso would be a huge downgrade.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That is a freaking ridiculous statement.

Charles would have a field day in todays NBA. Back in his day there was 6-10 to 7 ft maulers everywhere. Now teams are playing 6-8 guys at center and small forwards at PF.

Charles was twice the athlete of Jae. Jae struggles to get a driving layup, Charles was dunking on 7 footers going 80 miles an hour down the lane.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks have cap space, they don't need to do a sign and trade, and would be dumb to give assets up for no reason.

I was afraid of this. Caruso would be a huge downgrade.

It's always been my firm belief the Suns need two backup point guards. If the Suns added Caruso and another veteran point guard I'd be okay with it. I'm not counting Shamet who I consider mostly a shooting guard.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What??? Why would he sign so cheaply? Is that a 1 year deal?

If Jones pulls that off, I will forgive him for the Saric signing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He replied to someone asking where he heard that with this link, so take this as the source. Its at the bottom of the article.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His advanced stats are actually very good. He looks like he would be a good player for that price.

Really wish we would have signed him before the playoffs last year though, probably would have a title right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He replied to someone asking where he heard that with this link, so take this as the source. Its at the bottom of the article.

Media using media as sources.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His advanced stats are actually very good. He looks like he would be a good player for that price.

Really wish we would have signed him before the playoffs last year though, probably would have a title right now.

Almost everyone wanted it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard