2021 NBA Draft Prospects Thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

1. [*]Charles Bassey, C, Western Kentucky (junior) (link)
    [*]Brandon Boston Jr., G/F, Kentucky (freshman) (link)
    [*]James Bouknight, G, UConn (sophomore) (link)
    [*]Josh Christopher, G, Arizona State (freshman) (link)
    [*]Terrence Clarke, G, Kentucky (freshman) (link)
    [*]Cade Cunningham, G, Oklahoma State (freshman) (link)
    [*]De’Vion Harmon, G, Oklahoma (sophomore) (link)
    [*]Feron Hunt, F, SMU (junior) (link)
    [*]Jalen Johnson, F, Duke (freshman) (link)
    [*]Kai Jones, F, Texas (sophomore) (link)
    [*]Tre Mann, G, Florida (sophomore) (link)
    [*]Neemias Queta, C, Utah State (junior) (link)
    [*]Day’Ron Sharpe, F/C, North Carolina (freshman) (link)
    [*]Jaden Springer, G, Tennessee (freshman) (link)
    [*]Ziaire Williams, F, Stanford (freshman) (link)

1. 2021 NBA Draft Early Entrants List | Hoops Rumors

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 2021 NBA Draft will be on July 29th and the lottery June 22nd.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Lol well don't got to worry bout suns lottery pick is nice still wish suns had taken a pg over smith last yr but we shall see

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Jared Butler would look real nice in a Suns uniform.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns might be better off using their 2021 first round pick in a draft day trade.

However, most of the contracts they might use in a trade are relatively small. The Suns don't have any room where they can absorb a contract.

When Paul's contract is off the books, they will need to pay Ayton and Bridges.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Suns might be better off using their 2021 first round pick in a draft day trade.

However, most of the contracts they might use in a trade are relatively small. The Suns don't have any room where they can absorb a contract.

When Paul's contract is off the books, they will need to pay Ayton and Bridges.
PHX could sign a big FA when Paul's contract expires first and then sign Ayton & Bridges under Bird's Rights. If GS was able to fit their Big 4 under contract then any team can.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PHX could sign a big FA when Paul's contract expires first and then sign Ayton & Bridges under Bird's Rights. If GS was able to fit their Big 4 under contract then any team can.

That's right. The extensions don't kick in until the following season so it would work if Sarver is willing to use Paul's salary space to improve the team rather than just pay Ayton and Bridges.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I haven't watched a ton of film on Ayo, but I can see him fitting here. He has a lot of .5 to his game.

Lots of attitude,
James Harden esque on finishes and attacking the rim,
uses left and right to finish,
efficient (80-50-40 potential),
flashed a good crossover on one on one,
good, not great, 3 pt shooter with range (still too mechanical on his form),
and very productive (20ppg, 6rpg, and 5apg)

I'm kind of surprised he's ranking so low even at this point. Tankathon has him in the 30's. I'll be keeping an eye on him as the process continues.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I haven't watched a ton of film on Ayo, but I can see him fitting here. He has a lot of .5 to his game.

Lots of attitude,

I'm kind of surprised he's ranking so low even at this point. Tankathon has him in the 30's. I'll be keeping an eye on him as the process continues.
I think with workouts he will shoot up. Potential alone should land him in lottery. Didn't have a good game in early tournament exit but his body of work during season is a better indication of the player he is.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Lots of attitude,

Excellent prospect.

His release point is kind of low and probably that is what prohibits him from being a surefire 1st round pick (or even a lottery pick), but he is still #22 in espn's latest mock.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only suspense there is if USC retains the dad as coach or not. The older brother Isiah declared too, it's not known if he's just testing or gone but if both of them are gone it's debatable if dad Eric will still have a job. He used to be one of the coaches on the Compton Magic AAU program which is still loaded with talent so it would make sense for USC to keep him on staff but he was primarily hired to get his sons.

I have to say in the old days I found that practice questionable but now it doesn't even phase me. They got 3 good players out of two were NBA lottery picks, Okongwu and E Mobley. They didn't break any rule.

And you can argue not retaining the dad is even something you can defend because Evan is going to be a multi millionaire in a few months so the dad won't need to work

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only suspense there is if USC retains the dad as coach or not. The older brother Isiah declared too, it's not known if he's just testing or gone but if both of them are gone it's debatable if dad Eric will still have a job. He used to be one of the coaches on the Compton Magic AAU program which is still loaded with talent so it would make sense for USC to keep him on staff but he was primarily hired to get his sons.

I have to say in the old days I found that practice questionable but now it doesn't even phase me. They got 3 good players out of two were NBA lottery picks, Okongwu and E Mobley. They didn't break any rule.

And you can argue not retaining the dad is even something you can defend because Evan is going to be a multi millionaire in a few months so the dad won't need to work

Yeah I remember the fuss when Larry Brown did that at Kansas, now it's just business as usual. But at least Ed Manning had the resume for it and he even coached for awhile in the pros when Larry took the Spurs job.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose