OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They obviously only drafted him so Kyler knows how other NFL QBs feel
They can look each other in the eye

KM has trouble seeing his receivers over the OL as it is. This just makes even harder for him to find Moore

Moore highlights didn't impress me. He was wide open in many of them.

We need to see contested catches. Getting open in tight spaces.

Freiermuth was another option for us

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Apparently the majority of the posters doesn't like our picks, this increase the chances is going to be a good draft for us

That's funny...was thinking the same thing.

I am usually very excited about who we pick or at least talk myself into it quickly.

This year I am meh, so that must mean these guys will be good. :)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
They obviously only drafted him so Kyler knows how other NFL QBs feel

Moore actually runs like K1 in the open field...very similar styles of juking/accelerating past the first guy.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can u tell me why he did slide so far in round 2?

Get those off a web site:
Injury prone. Marshall missed three games with a foot injury in 2019. He suffered a broken leg and injured ankle in high school in 2017 that bothered him at LSU in 2018. And he also opted out midseason in 2020, leaving his team with three games to play, even as COVID-19 fear was subsiding.

"I expect him to drop into the second round because of his injuries," Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting said before the draft.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler has trouble throwing to trash receivers like everybody else in the league, height isn't the issue
When he had demerie Byrd he didn't have any problem to see him
The only other short guy he threw to was Isabella, who is not a nfl material
Byrd had a nice wingspan (no pun)

There were games he was snagging the football away from his body during Kyler's rookie year.

Im honestly hoping he can play outside/take the top off a defense and it was just Purdue was using him wrong.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Moore actually runs like K1 in the open field...very similar styles of juking/accelerating past the first guy.
I'm not worried about him once he gets the ball in his hands. He'll actually do much better in tight spaces than Isabella.

Right now (2 years of NFL experience) I think Isabella is probably a better deep threat. Moore better at everything else though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

KM has trouble seeing his receivers over the OL as it is. This just makes even harder for him to find Moore

We're bringing the nutmeg to the NFL.

Kyler to Moore through the O lines legs.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I gotta admit that I'd love to see Moore and Isabella racing in workouts.

However, this is the type of play thats going to show if Moore works or not. Kyler's late, but a catchable ball. Can/will Moore make this catch.
14:00
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Kliffs entire offense is about getting guys open quick, getting them the ball in space, and letting them work. Moore is literally the perfect WR for that.

Contested catches are great...but why couldn't those guys separate from college CBs?

Moore played in 3 games this year and had 41 touches. He was all Purdue had. Now he is coming into the league as a #4 WR, where defences are worried about KM, DHop, AJ Green, Kirk, etc.....Moore is going to feast.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliffs entire offense is about getting guys open quick, getting them the ball in space, and letting them work. Moore is literally the perfect WR for that.

Contested catches are great...but why couldn't those guys separate from college CBs?

Moore played in 3 games this year and had 41 touches. He was all Purdue had. Now he is coming into the league as a #4 WR, where defences are worried about KM, DHop, AJ Green, Kirk, etc.....Moore is going to feast.

As a WR4 Moore will be lucky to have 30 targets all year

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I initially disliked this pick like everyone else, but I’m starting to warm up to it. At least more than Zaven, tbh.

Right, the way we play offensively makes Moore tailor made for it

Even the zaven pick would prevent us from seeing Jordan Hicks playing

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Differences between Izzy and Moore...

1. Rondale is Moore elusive in his attacks
2. Rondale is Moore powerful
3. Rondale catches Moore passes

Izzy MAY have a slight edge in speed but not much. Issues with Izzy and Christian is their drop rates.

If Rondale can stay healthy, we have our Steve Smith/Tyreek Hill/Tyler Lockett game changer.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
isabella is straightline fast

moore is acceleration / shifty

it will be interesting to see if he works

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
not sure if this was posted before -- from PFF:

R2 (49) ARIZONA CARDINALS: WR RONDALE MOORE, PURDUE

Pick Grade: Elite

Arizona brought in A.J. Green in free agency this offseason. Given what we saw from Green in 2020, that wasn’t going to keep the Cardinals from adding another dynamic playmaker at wide receiver in the 2021 NFL Draft. Moore certainly qualifies as that. His ability to create with the ball in his hands should fit in well with one of the screen-heaviest offenses in the NFL. Moore forced 37 missed tackles after the catch in his lone healthy season at Purdue as a true freshman in 2018.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can u tell me why he did slide so far in round 2?

Marshall has a knee that scouts are worried about. He had it scoped in January, they said he was 100% for his pro day and ran and jumped well but apparently people who got access to the scans on the knee had concerns it wasn't really 100%.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson