2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Ok, I found something I like. The kid graduated college in 2.5 years. Took 12 hours of classes a day. Respect.

As I said before. None of us know anything until they hit the field. There's been many draft stars who have been bums and many "bums" who have been stars. It's done so I will support the kid and hope he does well.
This my approach. I wanted Freiermuth. But they took someone else. All I can do is hope it works for the best. He’s a Cardinal now. He def looks like a rac weapon.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nobody had ever heard the phrase "sunk cost fallacy" until someone used it for Rosen. Now can't go a draft without it being thrown around about 50 times.

That's not true at all.

But it's the truth...it was used heavily by Rosey Rosen Committee/Murray Derangement Council and is now being used by people arguing against drafting a receiver.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sunk cost fallacy is one thing, but ignoring Keim's trend of picking fast, undersized, and underwhelming WRs is quite another. The definition of insanity and all that.

Underwhelming? I see nothing underwhelming about Rondale Moore. The guy was the first freshman 1st Team All American in Big Ten history. He didn't play at SW Missouri Mines and Cattle.

Every second round pick has a wart.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That's not true at all.

But it's the truth...it was used heavily by Rosey Rosen Committee/Murray Derangement Council and is now being used by people arguing against drafting a receiver.
Or ILB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's not true at all.

Take it to its logical conclusion coupled with keims overall draft record and we shouldn’t draft any position unless it’s a qb (but only if first overall) or an offensive tackle drafted in the 20s, or a safety.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nobody had ever heard the phrase "sunk cost fallacy" until someone used it for Rosen. Now can't go a draft without it being thrown around about 50 times.
Seriously, it's become the number one catchphrase to give Keim a complete excuse for being held accountable. Next time I crap the bed at work for 4 consecutive years I'm going to make sure that "sunk cost fallacy" is brought up in my performance reviews as many times as possible.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Seriously, it's become the number one catchphrase to give Keim a complete excuse for being held accountable. Next time I crap the bed at work for 4 consecutive years I'm going to make sure that "sunk cost fallacy" is brought up in my performance reviews as many times as possible.

Right...LOL...bro this argument sucks!

Keim is the GM whether we like it or not. Wide receiver was a huge need, regardless of what was spent before.

I remember you making this argument to keep Rosen. Stop bro. It's dumb logic. Just because you used prior draft picks, it doesn't mean you shouldn't draft more players at the position if they suck.

Like @Ouchie-Z-Clown said, if you follow the ridiculously stupid logic to it's conclusion, Keim shouldn't draft any position since he's used picks that didn't work out in the past.

I'm listening to Rondale Moore on the Patrick Peterson & BMac podcast and I love the kid. Very smart, confident, and I think he can be successful out the gate.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Right...LOL...bro this argument sucks!

Keim is the GM whether we like it or not. Wide receiver was a huge need, regardless of what was spent before.

I remember you making this argument to keep Rosen. Stop bro. It's dumb logic. Just because you used prior draft picks, it doesn't mean you shouldn't draft more players at the position if they suck.

Like @Ouchie-Z-Clown said, if you follow the ridiculously stupid logic to it's conclusion, Keim shouldn't draft any position since he's used picks that didn't work out in the past.

I'm listening to Rondale Moore on the Patrick Peterson & BMac podcast and I love the kid. Very smart, confident, and I think he can be successful out the gate.
You've gotta stop using Rosen as the only excuse for this "draft and redraft the same position every year" thing. Keim doesn't HAVE to be our GM. He needs to fix the team, or he needs to go.

What's regrettable about this pick is that it keeps WR as a huge need. Next year we'll still be looking for a #2 WR with size.

It's not so much unhappiness over getting Kyler another weapon as it is knowing this team has lacked outside playmakers for a long time and still refuses to draft them. Moore will likely remain a gadget player as we look to try to acquire less gimmicky players in the future.

It seems we prioritize acquiring players whose greatest use is in only certain circumstances.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You've gotta stop using Rosen as the only excuse for this "draft and redraft the same position every year" thing. Keim doesn't HAVE to be our GM. He needs to fix the team, or he needs to go.

What's regrettable about this pick is that it keeps WR as a huge need. Next year we'll still be looking for a #2 WR with size.

It's not so much unhappiness over getting Kyler another weapon as it is knowing this team has lacked outside playmakers for a long time and still refuses to draft them. Moore will likely remain a gadget player as we look to try to acquire less gimmicky players in the future.

It seems we prioritize acquiring players whose greatest use is in only certain circumstances.

With Green on a one year deal and Kirk's contract expiring, pass receiver whether inside or outside was going to be a need.

We've hopefully answered the "inside" question and I don't buy your gimmick reference.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Cool story. I think it's a very useful exercise to continually talk about wanting Keim to go. I think most of us are on the same page. Us talking about it changes nothing.

It doesn't change the fact that WR needed some depth.

The difference in let's say Terrance Marshall and Rondale Moore, is that Marshal probably barely plays. He plays the same position as AJ Green and DHop. Moore can at least come in as a slot or 4th receiver in the slot. Marshall was moved more to the slot this year and struggled at times, so he probably couldn't do it in the NFL.

As to your comment on players that fight certain circumstances, that's how you win football games lol! Remember watching those AWFUL WR screens last year? They now have a guy who can make that play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cool story. I think it's a very useful exercise to continually talk about wanting Keim to go. I think most of us are on the same page. Us talking about it changes nothing.

It doesn't change the fact that WR needed some depth.

The difference in let's say Terrance Marshall and Rondale Moore, is that Marshal probably barely plays. He plays the same position as AJ Green and DHop. Moore can at least come in as a slot or 4th receiver in the slot. Marshall was moved more to the slot this year and struggled at times, so he probably couldn't do it in the NFL.

As to your comment on players that fight certain circumstances, that's how you win football games lol! Remember watching those AWFUL WR screens last year? They now have a guy who can make that play.

But we already have players for the slot position if something happens to Kirk — Andy Isabella. He can take the 300 snaps or whatever is available for a second slot receiver.

If Green goes down we’re back to KeeSean Johnson getting ignored out the outside for 1/4 to half the season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But we already have players for the slot position if something happens to Kirk — Andy Isabella. He can take the 300 snaps or whatever is available for a second slot receiver.

If Green goes down we’re back to KeeSean Johnson getting ignored out the outside for 1/4 to half the season.

You can say the same thing for nearly any starting receiver in the league going down. Teams don't usually have a real starter waiting on the bench.

The NFL draft is all about finding players that fit SPECIFIC roles on YOUR team. Rondale Moore fits a specific role.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's more likely (IMO) that they'd move KIRK outside.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bad analogy. Most of us believe he should’ve been fired. Which is what would happen with you. Better analogy:

you’re a bad accountant but boss keeps you employed. You’re really bad at reconciling gains and losses. Guess we should just stop reconciling gains and losses according to your philosophy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I’d rather rely on keesean than Isabella. Either way we are sunk.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’d rather rely on keesean than Isabella. Either way we are sunk.

not really. The outside Wr spends about 50% more time on the field than a slot wideout. So if you replace each position with a C- player (replacement level), you’re hurting more on the outside.

especially because the attention we pull into the middle of the field makes it harder for Kyler to run because you’re congesting the area between the hashes you want him to move up into.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You can say the same thing for nearly any starting receiver in the league going down. Teams don't usually have a real starter waiting on the bench.

The NFL draft is all about finding players that fit SPECIFIC roles on YOUR team. Rondale Moore fits a specific role.

We’re projecting him into a specific role. Someone said that Kliff should be scheming Moore 10-15 touches a game, which is MADNESS. That’s 25% of your offense when it’s working.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

I think the FO believes that with Hopkins and Green we have the tall outside guys. Kirk should benefit from playing slot. Adding an explosive guy who fits the scheme of quick passes, bubble screens etc. just adds another option the D has to be ready for. I love the idea. But I’m pretty skeptical that Green has anything left.

Moore should be our return guy also

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the FO believes that with Hopkins and Green we have the tall outside guys. Kirk should benefit from playing slot. Adding an explosive guy who fits the scheme of quick passes, bubble screens etc. just adds another option the D has to be ready for. I love the idea. But I’m pretty skeptical that Green has anything left.

Moore should be our return guy also

He hasn't been good returning kicks punts
Also Keim mentioned he offers return abilities, but it's a stretch at today
Its like projecting Edmonds having 1000, yards rushing

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We’re projecting him into a specific role. Someone said that Kliff should be scheming Moore 10-15 touches a game, which is MADNESS. That’s 25% of your offense when it’s working.

Cards averaged 68 plays per game in 2020, and that's with a few games, like Rams Week 17 with only 49 plays, because the offense wasn't clicking. Cards were 3rd in the league in plays per game.

If you scheme Moore with 12 touches/plays per game, Connor/Edmonds with 20-24 plays/touches combined per game, you still have over 30 touches/plays left, to spread between Dhop, Fitz/other WR's and the TE's.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cards averaged 68 plays per game in 2020, and that's with a few games, like Rams Week 17 with only 49 plays, because the offense wasn't clicking. Cards were 3rd in the league in plays per game.

If you scheme Moore with 12 touches/plays per game, Connor/Edmonds with 20-24 plays/touches combined per game, you still have over 30 touches/plays left, to spread between Dhop, Fitz/other WR's and the TE's.
Kyler runs?

edit: DHop averaged 10 target a game last year. You want to give Moore the same number of looks as Nuk? Madness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard