2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's absurd. Klay Thompson should be in there instead of Ja. Anyway, whatever. A league stupid enough to allow fans to have any input into who makes the all star game deserves what it gets.

Told you literally every game they run commercials telling Warriors fans to vote for Warriors players. I love the team but it's silly. They were telling people to vote for Klay.

Steph is having the worst shooting year of his career, still a great player but Wiggins is good not great,

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Wiggins received some media votes. I'm not sure if I really want to know more about how this works.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I would add he's having his best year, he's become a terrific defender, but yeah he's not an all star starter that's just absurd

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just curious. Would anyone here trade Mikal for Wiggins? Am I missing something going on in GS?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would add he's having his best year, he's become a terrific defender, but yeah he's not an all star starter that's just absurd

I've heard you talk highly of Wiggins so it's not a total surprise but I think a lot of fans feel there are players more worthy.

Of course there are always perceived slights come All-Star time.

Congratulations to the Warriors for having two starters. Stephen Curry starting is well deserved.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard you talk highly of Wiggins so it's not a total surprise but I think a lot of fans feel there are players more worthy.

Of course there are always perceived slights come All-Star time.

Congratulations to the Warriors for having two starters. Stephen Curry starting is well deserved.

Wiggins on the team is somewhat agreeable, as a starter no. He's been really good much improved, glad we went and got him, but I was surprised he was voted a starter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just curious. Would anyone here trade Mikal for Wiggins? Am I missing something going on in GS?
I certainly wouldn't.

Wiggens is getting the start because A. He got a ton of fan votes, B. Frontcourt in the west is actually very weak, C. People feel Warriors deserve to have multiple players

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the Kings saying they think Buddy Hield has higher value than he actually does, or is this just to say, "screw the Lakers"? I hope it's the latter.

hield's been terrible this year, but i think this would a) be selling low and b) they don't want to help the Lakers.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't.

Wiggens is getting the start because A. He got a ton of fan votes, B. Frontcourt in the west is actually very weak, C. People feel Warriors deserve to have multiple players
The system is flawed because it uses rankings for the 3 categories (Fans, media, players) as opposed to some weighting within the categories.

Andrew Wiggins only received 4 out of a possible 98 votes from the media and was ranked 6th. Rudy Gobert received 64/98 votes was ranked 3rd. 3rd vs 6th makes it sound close, 64 vs 4 does not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that could effect a team trading for Justin Holiday is the report he is unvaccinated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shai will be out through at least the All-Star break with a reported right ankle sprain.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the 4/$100 million answers any question about the Suns interest.

Not only that but he doesn’t want to be third fiddle. Which is why he said he’s not interested in the lakers who were trying to acquire him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose