2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing that could effect a team trading for Justin Holiday is the report he is unvaccinated.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So, he could not play in, say, San Francisco, New York, or Toronto in a playoff series.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
why can't NBA All Star voting just be to get guys on the team, period. No rankings, starters, etc. Just get a pool of guys, east and western conferences, no picking teams. Then the COACHES pick the starters and who plays. Just like normal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, he could not play in, say, San Francisco, New York, or Toronto in a playoff series.

This is what it sounds like.

Mostly I lose interest in players when I learn they are not vaccinated because of the risk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only that but he doesn’t want to be third fiddle. Which is why he said he’s not interested in the lakers who were trying to acquire him.

I don't think the Lakers were offering much in a trade but if Jerami Grant didn't want to go there that increases his value in my book.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kristaps Porzingis leaves tonight's game against the Pacers with right knee soreness.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Refs robbing us of a great finish between the Warriors/Nets.
That was a HORRIBLE call! Just horrible! All the announcers had it going for the Nets!
Still, that means the Nets will not be an easy win.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only if he was a home player for one of those teams. Kyrie isn’t vaxxed but he played in SF tonight. So Holiday can play in every game unless the team he’s on is the aforementioned above places.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tyrese Haliburton with a career high 37 tonight in a loss to the Sixers. I really thought the Bulls would take him at 4. Imagine him, LaVine and DeRozan lol. Suns would’ve have a PGOF. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That was a HORRIBLE call! Just horrible! All the announcers had it going for the Nets!
Still, that means the Nets will not be an easy win.

The call where Steph jumped into the defender was worse. No idea why Nash didn’t challenge.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only if he was a home player for one of those teams. Kyrie isn’t vaxxed but he played in SF tonight. So Holiday can play in every game unless the team he’s on is the aforementioned above places.
Away players can play but home players can't? How does that make sense?

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isn’t that ridiculous….city mandates are only for players of the teams in Brooklyn, New York Knicks, Golden State and Toronto. That’s why Kyrie is playing road games only since he technically can’t play as a home player in BK because of the city mandate. Wild right?!?!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the 4/$100 million answers any question about the Suns interest.

By all reports, he left Denver because he wanted to be "the guy", the mindset obviously hasn't changed.

He'd rather score 20+ per night and lose than sacrifice anything and win.

I want no part of that type of player.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It doesn't, but as far as I can tell those are the rules.

I know that it is stricter in Canada, NBA or not, of you are unvaxed you can't cross the border without going into quarantine, but I believe the vax rules in NYC and Cali do not apply to visiting teams. There is probably some legal mumbojumbo in play here but I have no clue what it is.

I am facing something of an issue myself, I have a good friend getting married this summer in Montreal, I got the JJ vaccine, and a booster, but... I am not sure if that counts in Canada, I know they don't issue the JJ vaccine there at all. If it comes down to it, I will get double down with another brand, but given that I am double vaxxed AND had covid twice... I'd rather not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Lebron returns to L.A. for treatment on left knee.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Isn’t that ridiculous….city mandates are only for players of the teams in Brooklyn, New York Knicks, Golden State and Toronto. That’s why Kyrie is playing road games only since he technically can’t play as a home player in BK because of the city mandate. Wild right?!?!
But you come back to those cities! Should you not quarantine to get back in? I know the other cities do not have quarantines, so the quarantined cities have no say. The quarantined cities cannot stop you from leaving either.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By all reports, he left Denver because he wanted to be "the guy", the mindset obviously hasn't changed.

He'd rather score 20+ per night and lose than sacrifice anything and win.

I want no part of that type of player.
A player that wants to be "the guy" but doesn't have the game to be "the guy" even if he is an otherwise good player is one of the worst cancers a team can have. However, I think the media and social media play this up a lot. I doubt the players actually think this way as much as the media makes out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought posters were trading for Lebron the other day. :wink2:
Nah. We were just having a philosophical/hypothetical conversation that was not based on reality. Kinda like the who can beat up who comic book debates junior high boys have. You know. Batman vs Superman.

Superman btw. Batman is just a dude with toys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave