2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great player but again very hard to like Luka Doncic.

Wiggins blows by him for a layup, Luka yells at his teammate who had absolutely nothing to do with the play. Luka drives to the basket, GP2 blocks the shot cleanly from behind, Warriors on a runout Luka stays back to argue with the ref so a teammate has to take a foul to stop the break.

But, Luka has 13 of their 16 so far

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Great player but again very hard to like Luka Doncic.

Wiggins blows by him for a layup, Luka yells at his teammate who had absolutely nothing to do with the play. Luka drives to the basket, GP2 blocks the shot cleanly from behind, Warriors on a runout Luka stays back to argue with the ref so a teammate has to take a foul to stop the break.

But, Luka has 13 of their 16 so far
I generally hate when players spend time arguing with the refs, including when Booker does it, but Luka is especially bad.

I also hate showboating, and both Steph and Luka are high on my list for that.

Yes, I am the old man yelling at the clouds meme, and I am not going to apologize for it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I generally hate when players spend time arguing with the refs, including when Booker does it, but Luka is especially bad.

I also hate showboating, and both Steph and Luka are high on my list for that.

Yes, I am the old man yelling at the clouds meme, and I am not going to apologize for it.
Steph has such a punk look when he celebrates. He is generally a good guy, but in the court I would just want to punch him.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns players can do whatever they want. Hard work, heart and comradery give them the right.

Any celebrations from another team is Trifling, Childish and disrespectful.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns players can do whatever they want. Hard work, heart and comradery give them the right.

Any celebrations from another team is Trifling, Childish and disrespectful.
Pretty close. I think it's human nature to (generally) look for reasons to excuse the behavior of someone we care about in situations where we'd likely condemn anyone else for similar actions.

But there are lines we don't usually cross. For example, I don't think we'd be supportive of a Pat Beverley or a Bruce Bowen, I think we'd draw the line at a Raja Bell. And Booker can be just as off-putting as any player in the game but he's our Booker, so we look for reasons to excuse his behavior (somewhat). I'd imagine we'd do the same and more for Curry if we were Warriors fans.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't sound good for Tim Hardaway Jr.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derrick Jones Jr. fractured his right index finger.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wizards lose on an and-1 on a 3 -- after being ahead by 35 points!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is more what rock bottom looks like as the Kings lose to the Celtics 128-75.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it a few times over the past couple years, when he's fully healthy he's the best player in the game and one of the all time greats (top 10 IMO).

BUT. Ignoring his first two seasons where he didn't play at all, he's been healthy enough to play in two-thirds of his teams games since then but he's only been fully healthy in maybe a quarter of those games he's actually appeared in.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've said it a few times over the past couple years, when he's fully healthy he's the best player in the game and one of the all time greats (top 10 IMO).

BUT. Ignoring his first two seasons where he didn't play at all, he's been healthy enough to play in two-thirds of his teams games since then but he's only been fully healthy in maybe a quarter of those games he's actually appeared in.
I don't agree. He's great, but no way is a top 10 all time player, and personally I think Jokic is the better player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree. He's great, but no way is a top 10 all time player, and personally I think Jokic is the better player.
Jokic has had the better career but if you've watched them both play when fully healthy I honestly don't know how you could say this.

Jokic had a better year last year and is having a better season this year too and if I could pick either player for my team it would be Jokic in a heartbeat. But the past few weeks we've seen Embiid during one of his rare fully healthy stretches and no one has dominated like that since Shaq and even then, I'd give the edge to Joel. But like I said, he's so rarely fully healthy this is all meaningless.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't sound good for Tim Hardaway Jr.

Yeah it was tough to watch he had to shoot free throws basically on one leg couldn't put weight on the foot. They helped him off and he was in a wheelchair in the back they said.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blowout but still Kuminga 22 last night 4-4 on 3's, 2-3 rim rattling dunks. as they said on air he's not consistent yet but when he's good he's REALLY good. The one "good" thing about Draymond being out and Iggy misssing lots of time is Kuminga's expanded run.

They said last night that they know enough about Draymond and Wiseman to believe they do NOT have to try and make a trade for more frontcourt help. I assume Kuminga is part of that too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was tough to watch he had to shoot free throws basically on one leg couldn't put weight on the foot. They helped him off and he was in a wheelchair in the back they said.

It's really unfortunate for Dallas. Looking ahead to the future at least Hardaway got paid although it shouldn't be career ending.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really unfortunate for Dallas. Looking ahead to the future at least Hardaway got paid although it shouldn't be career ending.

yeah they said he landed awkwardly but as you can see in the video he didn't, it happened during the move and you can't see when but the reason he fell down is he'd already hurt the foot and knew he couldn't put weight on it so he was hopping on one foot and went down.

At one point in the game Gary Payton 2 was guarding Tim Hardaway Jr was kind of cool, sons of either Warrior or Oakland legends on the same court against each other.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah they said he landed awkwardly but as you can see in the video he didn't, it happened during the move and you can't see when but the reason he fell down is he'd already hurt the foot and knew he couldn't put weight on it so he was hopping on one foot and went down.

At one point in the game Gary Payton 2 was guarding Tim Hardaway Jr was kind of cool, sons of either Warrior or Oakland legends on the same court against each other.

It was one of those weird things that happen because there was hardly any contact.

It makes me wonder if something previous (whenever) caused the bone to be predisposed to break.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Charlotte dropped 158 in REGULATION on Indiana, with Oubre leading the way with 10 3's and 39 points. Crazy sauce.

Charlotte may be dangerous in a few years but that team has the glassiest of glass jaws, we flat out obliterated them in both meetings this year and you could see how fast they surrendered to a team who actually could defend against them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson