2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. We were just having a philosophical/hypothetical conversation that was not based on reality. Kinda like the who can beat up who comic book debates junior high boys have. You know. Batman vs Superman.

Superman btw. Batman is just a dude with toys.

It doesn't get better than Superman, just have to watch out for the kryptonite.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I have not watched this, I've had some brutal leg injuries myself and cannot stand to watch these clips.

Ingles isn't a stats leader but you can tell he is an important part of their locker room. This is like if we lost Crowder... which I thought was a possibility when he sprinted to the locker room a few weeks back. Crowder's unselfish play, his defensive leadership, and his general ability to be "that annoying guy" for all the opposing fans... that is an important role for any true contender.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Ingles will get an MRI on Monday. All you can do is hope for the best.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In some other games last night, the Nuggets trounced the Bucks in Milwaukee, Dallas lost at the Magic and the Jazz lost at the Timberwolves.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns lead in the loss column (which is all that really matters because that is what you cannot get back).

4 over the Warriors.
8 over the Grizz
12 over any team in the EC.

60% of the way through the season, and our lead over everyone but the Warriors is about the same as our total number of losses so far. The polls arent closed yet and the Decision Desk would be calling this race. It's a two-horse race now for the reg season. That's it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns lead in the loss column (which is all that really matters because that is what you cannot get back).

4 over the Warriors.
8 over the Grizz

60% of the way through the season, and our lead over everyone but the Warriors is about the same as our total number of losses so far. The polls arent closed yet and the Decision Desk would be calling this race. It's a two-horse race now for the reg season. That's it.
Hardly. Yes if we get everyone healthy and if everyone stays healthy, this race is over. But Booker gets injured often and while he frequently plays through them, he's just a shadow of healthy Booker and it's even worse with CP3. And then there's Ayton. Maybe we can keep it up without DA (I doubt it) but we can't afford to lose either of our starting guards.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hardly. Yes if we get everyone healthy and if everyone stays healthy, this race is over. But Booker gets injured often and while he frequently plays through them, he's just a shadow of healthy Booker and it's even worse with CP3. And then there's Ayton. Maybe we can keep it up without DA (I doubt it) but we can't afford to lose either of our starting guards.
You're going to drive yourself crazy if you play the "if" game. Only deal with what is the here and now. The Warriors have just as much chance at getting injuries than we do.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to drive yourself crazy if you play the "if" game. Only deal with what is the here and now. The Warriors have just as much chance at getting injuries than we do.
The "here and now" is fine but not when you're talking about the future. And I've followed this game for far too long to believe that a 4 game lead is nearly insurmountable at the break. I like our chances, I just disagree that it's a surefire lock especially with CP3 and Booker's workload and injury history. Not to mention we're in the lower third when it comes to strength of schedule.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree about the guard situation. The can't even afford to rest one of their starting guards.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The "here and now" is fine but not when you're talking about the future. And I've followed this game for far too long to believe that a 4 game lead is nearly insurmountable at the break. I like our chances, I just disagree that it's a surefire lock especially with CP3 and Booker's workload and injury history. Not to mention we're in the lower third when it comes to strength of schedule.
I agree with you, but to say it's not insurmountable because someone will get injured who isn't injured is a little extreme.

It's not insurmountable because the Warriors are good team. That's it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

We are basically a lock for the playoffs, but beyond that...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cmon Steve. You know I did not say that a four-game lead is insurmountable! I said it is a two-horse race now. I was clearly saying that the 8-12 game leads over the rest of the pack are what looks very unlikely to be an issue now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmon Steve. You know I did not say in any way that a four-game lead is insurmountable! I said it is now a two-horse race. I was clearly saying that the 8-12 game leads over the rest of the pack are what looks very unlikely to be an issue now.
Okay, my bad. But I'm still not sure it's a two-horse race no matter what. We've seen good teams drop from injury and lesser teams find themselves before.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric tore his in the same manner. Almost the save move I think.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

4 over the Warriors.
8 over the Grizz

Feeling real good about my bet for best record in the league, just really angry I didn't bet more.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How stupid do you have to be to taunt Steph during the worst slump of his career? I mean let the dude keep bricking shots instead of rilling him up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really unfortunate for Dallas. Looking ahead to the future at least Hardaway got paid although it shouldn't be career ending.

I walked around for a week with that same injury. It got so bad I couldn't stand. It took about two months to properly heal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How stupid do you have to be to taunt Steph during the worst slump of his career? I mean let the dude keep bricking shots instead of rilling him up.

Yeah its been awhile since we've seen the Human Torch act but that 4th Q was vintage Steph.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose