2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are right. However the Lakers were not unbeatable even with a healthy AD and LeBron. The rest of the Philly cast is probably better though.

Yeah they were. The last time LeBron and AD were both healthy they won the title. Unfortunately for them, it looks like that’s the last time that’s ever going to happen.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah they were. The last time LeBron and AD were both healthy they won the title. Unfortunately for them, it looks like that’s the last time that’s ever going to happen.
Fair enough. The Bubble playoffs are really fuzzy for me. I wasn't paying much attention with all the riots, election, and such.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 4 months of rest. No COVID no title for them

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that’s silly if true. Simmons had a meltdown in the playoffs then quit on his team not to mention he’s a flawed player that’s never shown the ability or motivation to improve his game.
I have no idea if they'd make the deal, I was just offering the only reason I could think of that would warrant it. Yeah, the biggest problem with Ben isn't his on-court shortcomings, it's his legendarily poor work ethic. He's always had those game weaknesses and yet he's been a high impact player even so. So I could see a desparate team talking themselves into believing that Ben can move past his problems.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant is expected to miss 4-6 weeks on reported sprained MCL in knee.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ben Simmons and LeBron are both repped by Rich Paul, who has issues with Philly's front office. Even if Philly were receptive to swapping Simmons for LeBron, I can't see it happening.

Not only has Rich Paul been a thorn in the Sixers side over Simmons but he's also hurt their relationship with Tyrese Maxey. He's a 2nd year player who Paul also reps and he tried demanding a trade for him after the Simmons debacle got bad this past off-season.

The last thing the Sixers will want is the player who got Rich Paul involved in the NBA.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have no idea if they'd make the deal, I was just offering the only reason I could think of that would warrant it. Yeah, the biggest problem with Ben isn't his on-court shortcomings, it's his legendarily poor work ethic. He's always had those game weaknesses and yet he's been a high impact player even so. So I could see a desparate team talking themselves into believing that Ben can move past his problems.

No Lebron trade makes sense because he what it would take to get him would leave you with just Lebron. The only way he moves is free agency in a couple years. Maybe back to Cleveland for a third time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Lebron trade makes sense because he what it would take to get him would leave you with just Lebron. The only way he moves is free agency in a couple years. Maybe back to Cleveland for a third time.
I think adding Lebron to Philly in a swap for Simmons makes them the favorite to win it all, given that it's been almost 40 years since the won a championship I'd imagine that would make it worthwhile.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think adding Lebron to Philly in a swap for Simmons makes them the favorite to win it all, given that it's been almost 40 years since the won a championship I'd imagine that would make it worthwhile.

If you think the Lakers would do that we might as well offer Mikal and Cam because they have more value than Ben Simmons.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think the Lakers would do that we might as well offer Mikal and Cam because they have more value than Ben Simmons.
I have no idea if the Lakers would do that, that's not what I've been saying. I'm saying that Philly would jump at that offer and IF the Lakers would do it it's solely because of Lebron's age and the state of the roster. And even then I suspect it would depend on the pressure Lebron and Rich Paul apply to them.

But sure, Mikal and Cam might be an even better option especially if you're looking at it realistically. But if Simmons gets his head straight (and I don't think he ever will) he'd be better value than Mikal and CamJ would be.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond Green will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green is so critical to the Warriors success. Part of the valuation of a team is its ability to play through injury and sickness. The Suns have had plenty this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
checking out the warriors game I didn't see steph listed anywhere. anybody know whats up?

I think he has a hand injury of some sort.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me crazy, no way in hell would I trade Mikal and Cam for Lebron. Number 1 I hate him, number 2 he has a year or two left vs 10 years for both those guys.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, no way in hell would I trade Mikal and Cam for Lebron. Number 1 I hate him, number 2 he has a year or two left vs 10 years for both those guys.
Would you trade the next decade or so for one championship? I wouldn't but a lot of fans would. I think Lebron gives us a better chance of winning it all this season than Mikal and CamJ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you’re not only crazy, but insane as well.

We would easily win the next two titles. There’s ZERO guarantee we stay title contenders past CP3 and he’s probably only got two more good years left.

And there’s no guarantee that $arver resigns Cam anyway.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you’re not only crazy, but insane as well.

We would easily win the next two titles. There’s ZERO guarantee we stay title contenders past CP3 and he’s probably only got two more good years left.

And there’s no guarantee that $arver resigns Cam anyway.
But it would all be about LeBron and his greatness. Yikes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it would all be about LeBron and his greatness. Yikes.
Who the hell cares? Last year would have been all about CP3’s greatness.

If LeBron won two more titles with The Suns, the Suns would have been the capper on probably the greatest career in NBA history. Suns highlights... from here to kingdom come.

I woulda been just fine and dandy with that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may be alone but I'd rather not win a title than rent LeBron to try and win one. It would be cheap and unsatisfying long term. It'd be nice that year but after that I wouldn't feel as good about it.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you trade the next decade or so for one championship? I wouldn't but a lot of fans would. I think Lebron gives us a better chance of winning it all this season than Mikal and CamJ.
No.

I may not be like a lot of fans, one ring is not worth a decade of misery to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson