2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m betting he caves and so does Kyrie. Wiggins isn’t going to retire and he’s not just going to blow off all that money. As for Kyrie, I think of some of this he’s doing is just trying to get attention he craves more than anything else.

He caves in the end too.
I don’t think Irving caves. His crazy runs deep. Wiggins will though, he doesn’t have the clout. He’s also Canadian and will have a hard time going home without it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sure not going to lose any sleep about those players who don't get vaccinated.

Devin Booker is all about the team. I have no doubt he is vaccinated.

Booker contracted the virus and has side effects despite being vaccinated. Vaccinated and unvaccinated players are going to miss time due to the virus. It’s kind of a buzz kill going into the season after seeing what happened to CP3 last year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker contracted the virus and has side effects despite being vaccinated. Vaccinated and unvaccinated players are going to miss time due to the virus. It’s kind of a buzz kill going into the season after seeing what happened to CP3 last year.

The coronavirus will continue to be an issue. Of course those who are vaccinated will generally get less severe infection and disease from COVID-19 than those who are not vaccinated. Also the recovery period may be shorter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is finalizing an agreement with the NBPA regarding health and safety protocols for the coming season.

By Tim Bontemps ESPN:

The protocols will require unvaccinated players to be under many of the same restrictions that the entire league played under for the vast majority of last season, before the COVID-19 vaccine was available.

Vaccinated players, on the other hand, will have far fewer restrictions. For example, all fully vaccinated players, as well as Tier 1 personnel -- coaches and anyone else working regularly within 15 feet of players and referees, all of whom have already been mandated to get the vaccine -- will not have to undergo daily testing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NBA is finalizing an agreement with the NBPA regarding health and safety protocols for the coming season.

By Tim Bontemps ESPN:

The protocols will require unvaccinated players to be under many of the same restrictions that the entire league played under for the vast majority of last season, before the COVID-19 vaccine was available.

Vaccinated players, on the other hand, will have far fewer restrictions. For example, all fully vaccinated players, as well as Tier 1 personnel -- coaches and anyone else working regularly within 15 feet of players and referees, all of whom have already been mandated to get the vaccine -- will not have to undergo daily testing.

Yeah, this will, within the first month of the season, easily spell out who is and who are not among the vaccinated.

Also, as far as I understand, the only teams that require vaccination proof to play in their arenas are the Warriors, Nets and Knicks. I've seen a few posts thinking that it is all of California, but as of now I believe it is only the Bay Area and NYC.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, as far as I understand, the only teams that require vaccination proof to play in their arenas are the Warriors, Nets and Knicks. I've seen a few posts thinking that it is all of California, but as of now I believe it is only the Bay Area and NYC.
From what I've heard it only applies to home team players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be restrictive and inconvenient for players not vaccinated.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard it only applies to home team players.

I'm a bit gray on this. The following suggests it could be any NBA player and they will not be paid for games missed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man...the pandemic....it will be a story for the grandchildren for sure.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a bit gray on this. The following suggests it could be any NBA player and they will not be paid for games missed.

You work for job, job doesnt work for you.

Its also about endangering others too, and why should they get paid obscene amounts of money for not playing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You work for job, job doesnt work for you.

Its also about endangering others too, and why should they get paid obscene amounts of money for not playing.

NBA players will have to comply with local mandates.

What is not so clear if the new health and safety protocals have been approved by the NBAPA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that's two different things, NBA rules versus city/state laws. According to SAS yesterday, Kyrie won't be allowed to play in home games because he isn't vaccinated (NY ordered) whereas visitors will only have to comply with NBA rules on health and safety. As for getting paid, I really haven't paid any attention to how that works.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that's two different things, NBA rules versus city/state laws. According to SAS yesterday, Kyrie won't be allowed to play in home games because he isn't vaccinated (NY ordered) whereas visitors will only have to comply with NBA rules on health and safety. As for getting paid, I really haven't paid any attention to how that works.

It's not overly clear especially when it refers to "any player."

I think the players association still has to approve the health and safety protocol part of it as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantasy basketball player rankings for those who are into this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Michael Porter Jr. five year extension looks better with only $145.3 million guaranteed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantasy basketball player rankings for those who are into this.

40 is way too high. Sorry, when Booker is on he is ungaurdable. Plus he was a beast sometimes at the other end on defense. Players like that are not 40. I thought the other list that had him listed at 15 or whatever was much more fair. I would OK with top 25.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
40 is way too high. Sorry, when Booker is on he is ungaurdable. Plus he was a beast sometimes at the other end on defense. Players like that are not 40. I thought the other list that had him listed at 15 or whatever was much more fair. I would OK with top 25.
This is for Fantasy, and I hate to say it, but Booker is only really elite in scoring. Chris Paul, for example, can get you points and assists and possibly steals.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is for Fantasy, and I hate to say it, but Booker is only really elite in scoring. Chris Paul, for example, can get you points and assists and possibly steals.
Good point. From purely a fantasy point perspective he isn't gong to generate huge numbers like Paul who can give you points in fantasy in several different ways.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Coach's Challenge will be the only way to review out of bounds calls with less than two minutes left in the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I found this. You are correct, out of market players will indeed be exempt from local mandates.

By Tim Bontemps ESPN:

The executive orders governing the vaccine only apply to the players who play in those markets; out-of-market players are exempted from them.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coach's Challenge will be the only way to review out of bounds calls with less than two minutes left in the game.

Thank god. This is a direct reaction to the 30 minutes it took for the final 2 minutes to play out in game 2 vs the clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank god. This is a direct reaction to the 30 minutes it took for the final 2 minutes to play out in game 2 vs the clippers.

Hopefully the end to who technically touched the ball last when the opponent knocks the ball out of bounds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers are not paying Ben Simmons his $8.25 million while he holds out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Good point. From purely a fantasy point perspective he isn't gong to generate huge numbers like Paul who can give you points in fantasy in several different ways.
I feel like after watching the Olympics that Booker was working on his other skills, like defense, to be more like Paul George. I can see where he saw the defensive play against him that was on a higher level, and I really think he was working on defense, rebounds and steals in the Olympics. I may be way off, but I feel Booker is working on being an all around player.