2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt any of us did, by all accounts, family notwithstanding, he was very happy in Phoenix. If anything, the bigger risk was having to give him 3 years with a player option in year 2 and 3 and no salary discount from him. But that doesn't mean there was zero chance we could lose him. Also, to be clear, the risk wasn't just that we could lose him to LA - there's also a very rich guy in charge of that other LA franchise.

My thoughts were that Chris Paul chose to be in Phoenix and nothing happened last season for him to change his mind. Also I think he got the deal he wanted. He was the NBA player representative at the time so he knew the market. At this point in his career, I don't think Paul is all about the money. Paul's relationship with Devin Booker was an important factor as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not good news but better now than later. If there is a player that could use time off it's Devin Booker.

Of course Chris Paul coming off injury could use more time off.
Let's also not delude ourselves into thinking Chris Paul and Devin Booker would be doing high-impact work at the beginning of training camp. Only thing that will suck is that Book will be a no-show at Media Day.

Heck, I'd be fine if he didn't play in any game during the preseason just to be safe.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand Devin Booker is vaccinated so hopefully the health and safety protocols is no more than a bump in the road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is not expected to attend Nets Media Day due to New York city health and safety protocols.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq Harrison signs training camp deal with 76ers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zion Williamson had off season surgery for fractured right foot. He is expected to return for the start of the regular season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion Williamson had off season surgery for fractured right foot. He is expected to return for the start of the regular season.

I'm guessing this guy will have an injury every year

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yikes. That is a big risk. Between his injuries and total inability to defend... I think I would have waited a year if I were them.
It's flat out insane.

If Porter is a max - then Mikal who is the better player is also a max.

Who ever is running Denver and has given out the Aaron Gordon and Porter contracts needs to be drug tested.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hilarious that Wiggins is on a max. Another guy that can score on volume shooting but kills his own team in a variety of ways.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
James Jones has to be punching air today. Maybe he felt he could have Ayton back on less than max. Not that that was the likely conclusion, but that ship has now sailed with the MPJ contract.

Just give Ayton the max and move on

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones has to be punching air today. Maybe he felt he could have Ayton back on less than max. Not that that was the likely conclusion, but that ship has now sailed with the MPJ contract.

Just give Ayton the max and move on

I think it's a foregone conclusion Ayton gets the max. I'm more concerned about what the Suns have to pay Bridges.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it's a foregone conclusion Ayton gets the max. I'm more concerned about what the Suns have to pay Bridges.

My guess is that Sarver continues to lowball both, and loses both after their rookie deals expire, and the Suns go into full-blown rebuild mode...again...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I think DA gets it after next season once he proves it full for a full season. Mikal doesn’t have much upside beyond what we’ve seen but his market is still north of $20m a year. I expect his to get done.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that Sarver continues to lowball both, and loses both after their rookie deals expire, and the Suns go into full-blown rebuild mode...again...

When that third billy goat tries to cross your bridge... don't fall for any of his shenanigans.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MJP = 207M? :shock:
Denver certainly thinks so
Man that just seems so incredibly stupid that I'm starting to wonder if I've formed my opinion on MJP with insufficient information. The guy I've watched play isn't worth that risk even without considering his injury history. Teams make mistakes, and so do us fans - it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When that third billy goat tries to cross your bridge... don't fall for any of his shenanigans.
All I know is that when the world comes to an end, we can all say we knew the guy that predicted it. Chicken Little is probably calling him right now for tips.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m super curious to see what shakes out with Wiggins and Kyrie. I can see Wiggins eventually caving and getting the vax, but Kyrie is a guy who’s pretty off his rocker. If he won’t get it and can’t play home games, what the hell does that do to the Nets? Do they trade him to a team that plays in a state he can play in? Does NY give him a one person exemption that will piss the holy hell out of vax and non-vaxxers alike?

Also, if Wiggins balks, and Klay now is looking like he might not be back until January, that GS team is in big trouble.

Meanwhile, if Devin isn’t vaxxed, that will hurt us a lot. We’ve got 6 games in Cali that he’d have to miss, all against division opponents. That can’t happen if we want that 1 seed, which I think is still very important for a team as young as ours.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our lack of cap is nothing compared to DEN the next couple of years. They are paying $120M a year to 4 players and Jokic deal coming up in a couple of years will be worth close to $250M.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m super curious to see what shakes out with Wiggins and Kyrie. I can see Wiggins eventually caving and getting the vax, but Kyrie is a guy who’s pretty off his rocker. If he won’t get it and can’t play home games, what the hell does that do to the Nets? Do they trade him to a team that plays in a state he can play in? Does NY give him a one person exemption that will piss the holy hell out of vax and non-vaxxers alike?

Also, if Wiggins balks, and Klay now is looking like he might not be back until January, that GS team is in big trouble.

Meanwhile, if Devin isn’t vaxxed, that will hurt us a lot. We’ve got 6 games in Cali that he’d have to miss, all against division opponents. That can’t happen if we want that 1 seed, which I think is still very important for a team as young as ours.

There isn't a snowball's chance in Phoenix in June of getting the 1 seed, or frankly even of getting a top 4 seed, as long as the hole at power forward remains unaddressed, anyway...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson