2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... barring Booker going out for the season, we’ve got the 1 seed. Now I’m just hoping GS sticks at 3 because I don’t want a second round matchup with them if they get Draymond back healthy. Let them and Memphis kill each other while we beat the Mavs in 5 or Jazz in 6.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Warriors one of the worst teams in the NBA the past month. Kerr needs to get house in order. I’m tired of the excuses of , “XX player is not here.” Most every top team is dealing with it this year and they find ways to win….it’s time to admit this team ain’t it in 2022.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Warriors one of the worst teams in the NBA the past month. Kerr needs to get house in order. I’m tired of the excuses of , “XX player is not here.” Most every top team is dealing with it this year and they find ways to win….it’s time to admit this team ain’t it in 2022.

What’s killing them with Draymond’s injuries the last two years is getting nothing from Wiseman. Dude may be in the Marvin Bagley mold of #2 picks. Kumimga looks like a future stud though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Warriors in free fall?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s killing them with Draymond’s injuries the last two years is getting nothing from Wiseman. Dude may be in the Marvin Bagley mold of #2 picks. Kumimga looks like a future stud though.

The weird thing is they sent him to the G League, he had one scrimmage and they pulled him back. Now an unnamed coach apparently said it's highly unlikely he will play much of a role this year because he's missed too much time. if that's the case, wtf isn't he in the G league right now?

I never quite got the knee it was a meniscus, they apparently had to do a 2nd surgery I'm beginning to wonder if it's worse than they told us but then multiple current players have said he's been great in workouts and scrimmages so it appears the knee is healthy. It's past the trade deadline so they're not pumping him up to trade him.

Bjelica is a shadow of his former self since his back started bothering him he's a huge liability every time he's in the game, can't imagine Wiseman would be any worse.

Really weird most Warriors fans assumed Klay coming back would be a positive and Wiseman might be an issue, but since Klay came back, they are 10-9. In the games he's played they're 14-12 overall since he came back and that includes a 9 game win streak in the middle. I'm not saying it's Klay's fault I'm saying since he came back, Kerr has struggled to find the right rotations. Payton has been playing hurt for weeks, but Moody has stepped up, Poole is playing pretty well. It's not really the guards, it's the bigs, and frankly also Steph Curry

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Warriors are so hot and cold that I didn't buy the hype this year and am glad they've shown who they are. Sure, they have the potential to get hot but so does any team.

I'm not saying they should be discredited entirely but I never thought they were a legit #2 seed. Not with the mash unit they've assembled.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Warriors are so hot and cold that I didn't buy the hype this year and am glad they've shown who they are. Sure, they have the potential to get hot but so does any team.

I'm not saying they should be discredited entirely but I never thought they were a legit #2 seed. Not with the mash unit they've assembled.

They're a different animal with Green healthy. 15-16 now with him out of the line up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're a different animal with Green healthy. 15-16 now with him out of the line up.

And when was the last time he was healthy? I know he played some earlier this season but he misses a lot of games. He's like Anthony Davis. Until he proves he can stay healthy, there's no reason to fret over what the Warriors are when he's available.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference between the 2 seed and the 6 seed is only 4.5 games

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The weird thing is they sent him to the G League, he had one scrimmage and they pulled him back. Now an unnamed coach apparently said it's highly unlikely he will play much of a role this year because he's missed too much time. if that's the case, wtf isn't he in the G league right now?

I never quite got the knee it was a meniscus, they apparently had to do a 2nd surgery I'm beginning to wonder if it's worse than they told us but then multiple current players have said he's been great in workouts and scrimmages so it appears the knee is healthy. It's past the trade deadline so they're not pumping him up to trade him.

Bjelica is a shadow of his former self since his back started bothering him he's a huge liability every time he's in the game, can't imagine Wiseman would be any worse.

Really weird most Warriors fans assumed Klay coming back would be a positive and Wiseman might be an issue, but since Klay came back, they are 10-9. In the games he's played they're 14-12 overall since he came back and that includes a 9 game win streak in the middle. I'm not saying it's Klay's fault I'm saying since he came back, Kerr has struggled to find the right rotations. Payton has been playing hurt for weeks, but Moody has stepped up, Poole is playing pretty well. It's not really the guards, it's the bigs, and frankly also Steph Curry
What's Klay shooting percentage recently? Like 33% from the floor. That's not good, that's bad

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's Klay shooting percentage recently? Like 33% from the floor. That's not good, that's bad

Yeah he's hit a bit of a wall which isn't surprising given how long he was out. But really the guards aren't the problem, even the shooting isn't, if I heard them right last night, they shot over 50% in the last 4 games, might have been 5, all losses. the problem is defense.

Moody had 30 last night but he's 19, his defense was terrible and in the clutch late in the game he missed several really bad shots and had key turnovers, again he's 19. It was actually impressive they were even in the game last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And when was the last time he was healthy? I know he played some earlier this season but he misses a lot of games. He's like Anthony Davis. Until he proves he can stay healthy, there's no reason to fret over what the Warriors are when he's available.

True but you don't have to play a full season in the NBA anymore with load management. Davis goes out for 3 weeks when his shoelaces come undone, he's just incredibly injury prone. Green has a chronic back issue(I have an L5 issue myself) so it's not a surprise he's missed games. He plays hurt regularly.

When he gets back we'll see how effective he is. 5 losses in a row is a good motivator for him to get back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot teams have players that are banged up, tired and injured.

It likely comes down to which teams get healthy and come together before the playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot teams have players that are banged up, tired and injured.

It likely comes down to which teams get healthy and come together before the playoffs.

Dallas getting Dinwiddie has been huge for them they're a different team now with him. I don't know how far they can go but they definitely improved themselves by getting him.

Ironically people thought it was the Warriors who were going to get better getting Klay then Wiseman and now Draymond then Wiseman but they've fallen apart.

GP2 was on the bench last night but in a boot for his ankle

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas getting Dinwiddie has been huge for them they're a different team now with him. I don't know how far they can go but they definitely improved themselves by getting him.

Ironically people thought it was the Warriors who were going to get better getting Klay then Wiseman and now Draymond then Wiseman but they've fallen apart.

I didn't. I expected both Wiseman - based off of last year, and Klay based off a 2 plus year layoff to make them worse.

I still think Draymond is an enormous factor for them, and I still fear them more than any other team.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure if it was with you or another friend that is a Warriors fan (maybe both) when I cautioned about how well putting those players back into the line-up that was doing really well without them - seems the players they replaced have regressed, and Klay et al haven't been stellar, either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't. I expected both Wiseman - based off of last year, and Klay based off a 2 plus year layoff to make them worse.

I still think Draymond is an enormous factor for them, and I still fear them more than any other team.

I think Kerr made a mistake starting Klay. not that he's the problem but I think it impacted chemistry, he could have used him off the bench as a scoring option but it hasn't worked. You can't blame Klay, Draymond went out about the time Klay came back but it has not worked. Poole seems to have settled in now after struggling a bit off the bench, but Payton has struggled since the move, admittedly he also got hurt twice around that time.

But you can understand, Klay is an all time Warrior player they didn't want to make him come off the bench.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was with you or another friend that is a Warriors fan (maybe both) when I cautioned about how well putting those players back into the line-up that was doing really well without them - seems the players they replaced have regressed, and Klay et al haven't been stellar, either.

I had concerns about Wiseman due to defense, he's not playing. They are playing Klay more than I expected, he's not been bad but he's not great. he's shooting more 3's than ever per minute, largely I suspect because he's not as athletic. His % is down on 3's as a result.

Ringer has a story on him that says he's shooting with less arc this year and that's why his shooting is off, presumably because he doesn't have his legs

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Golden St will make a major move this summer. Their big-3 aren’t getting any better/younger and Poole, Moody, Kuminga and Wiseman have value.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dinwiddie has sort of given Dallas a second star and another ball handler to go with Doncic. Of course Brunson is the same type player.

The lack of size may be their biggest weakness in the playoffs but they both free up Doncic to do more. He can play anywhere.