2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are scary if Curry and Poole are in the zone together but Denver was on a b2b and shot 7-31 from 3. Game shouldn’t have been close late.

I was getting worried there we’d be playing GS in the semis instead of the CF’s.
Same.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Golden State and Phoenix would be an amazing WCF. Do I think Phoenix is a better “team” yes. But Steph is the best player in that series. If we play within ourselves and Book is efficient, I like the Suns in 6. Especially if Cam Johnson keeps playing the way he has during this stretch prior to the injury.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors will need too much from Steph and Draymond to consider them a lock for the Western Conference Finals. I don't think we'll see them there, if we get there ourselves. Teams I want avoid are Denver and Utah, no one else in the West worries me.

I'd rather not see the Pelicans in the 1st round, not because I think we'll lose but the way they're playing worries me a little and I don't think it'd be as easy of a matchup as other 8th seeds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors will need too much from Steph and Draymond to consider them a lock for the Western Conference Finals. I don't think we'll see them there, if we get there ourselves. Teams I want avoid are Denver and Utah, no one else in the West worries me.

I'd rather not see the Pelicans in the 1st round, not because I think we'll lose but the way they're playing worries me a little and I don't think it'd be as easy of a matchup as other 8th seeds.

The Suns are more consistent than the Pelicans but the size of their front line plus McCollum can be a problem.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Denver with Murray definitely would be a tough matchup. But I still like our depth against them. Utah matches up pretty well but they have to shoot lights out from three, 4/7 times and that’s a lot to ask. I could see them taking 2 games though. Dallas is the team for me. Whenever you make things a half court grind, you limit possessions. They’ve been great on defense and Luka can take over a game in a heartbeat. I’d still favor the Suns but Dallas would be an intriguing matchup stylistically.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver with Murray definitely would be a tough matchup. But I still like our depth against them. Utah matches up pretty well but they have to shoot lights out from three, 4/7 times and that’s a lot to ask. I could see them taking 2 games though. Dallas is the team for me. Whenever you make things a half court grind, you limit possessions. They’ve been great on defense and Luka can take over a game in a heartbeat. I’d still favor the Suns but Dallas would be an intriguing matchup stylistically.

The last game against Miami picked up my morale.

It showed the Suns can take a good shooting team out of their game when they are determined to play defense.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is Murray coming back? And will he be a factor right away?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is Murray coming back? And will he be a factor right away?

There is a chance Michael Porter Jr. and Jamal Murray both returning. It appears Porter Jr. might be the more probable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a chance Michael Porter Jr. and Jamal Murray both returning. It appears Porter Jr. might be the more probable.

If Denver gets Murray healthy and up to speed, they'll be a very tough out for us. I'm not at all a fan of Porter Jr though so if they get both of them back and up to speed that negates some of what they'll gain by having Murray back IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Denver gets Murray healthy and up to speed, they'll be a very tough out for us. I'm not at all a fan of Porter Jr though so if they get both of them back and up to speed that negates some of what they'll gain by having Murray back IMO.

That's the problem with Denver, getting both players up to speed. Chemistry doesn't just happen.

Also the Warriors will have the same issue with Draymond Green as they have with Klay Thompson. The Suns will have issues of their own with Chris Paul.

If all the players get up to speed it may have to be during the playoffs which can be very dicey.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It hasn’t been year since Murray tore his ACL and Michael Porter Jr has degenerative back issues. I don’t expect much from either guy this postseason.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are scary if Curry and Poole are in the zone together but Denver was on a b2b and shot 7-31 from 3. Game shouldn’t have been close late.

I was getting worried there we’d be playing GS in the semis instead of the CF’s.

4 in 5 days I think for Denver so yeah win was a bit less impressive than it looked. Denver isn't healthy, neither are the Warriors but given the circumstances even on the road Warriors should have won that game easier.

Poole is really playing well right now the one issue the Warriors have is some of their bench scoring, Poole, Kuminga, Bjelica they're all not good defenders. Poole's offense offsets it, Kuminga sometimes does sometimes doesn't(Jazz, Lakers).

Wiseman had 18 and 6 in his first G league game they said he got winded fairly quickly still needs conditioning. Draymond is a few days away apparently and again he looks in street clothes like he's lost a good amount of weight.

Basically they need Draymond to fix the defense, and they need Steph to shoot better. I think Kerr has figured it out he said one of the big issues in the losing streak was shot selection, they have to take better shots both to make them and be in position to get back. He said "even Klay" has to take better shots, I think that was a subtle reminder to Klay he's missed a ton of time, he's not the same guy he used to be, so he has to pick his spots better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It hasn’t been year since Murray tore his ACL and Michael Porter Jr has degenerative back issues. I don’t expect much from either guy this postseason.
Agreed. And I never expect much from Porter Jr., I think Denver is better off without him. Murray OTOH will help them a lot if he can get all the way back but I don't see that happening until next season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
4 in 5 days I think for Denver so yeah win was a bit less impressive than it looked. Denver isn't healthy, neither are the Warriors but given the circumstances even on the road Warriors should have won that game easier.

Poole is really playing well right now the one issue the Warriors have is some of their bench scoring, Poole, Kuminga, Bjelica they're all not good defenders. Poole's offense offsets it, Kuminga sometimes does sometimes doesn't(Jazz, Lakers).

Wiseman had 18 and 6 in his first G league game they said he got winded fairly quickly still needs conditioning. Draymond is a few days away apparently and again he looks in street clothes like he's lost a good amount of weight.

Basically they need Draymond to fix the defense, and they need Steph to shoot better. I think Kerr has figured it out he said one of the big issues in the losing streak was shot selection, they have to take better shots both to make them and be in position to get back. He said "even Klay" has to take better shots, I think that was a subtle reminder to Klay he's missed a ton of time, he's not the same guy he used to be, so he has to pick his spots better.
Draymond Green is fast becoming a mythical figure that is expected to solve all the Warriors' woes. Be careful what you wish for.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond Green is fast becoming a mythical figure that is expected to solve all the Warriors' woes. Be careful what you wish for.

not all but he helps the defense and his playmaking makes Steph better. But only of course if he comes back "good"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude is a major piece of that team and makes an impact both on offense and D if he’s healthy.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dude is a major piece of that team and makes an impact both on offense and D if he’s healthy.
I agree, but he’s not Superman. Everyone is saying that when he’s back the Warriors immediately become the best team in the league. Even as a homer that is hard to believe.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Wiseman looked pretty mobile in that G-League game. Everything for him going forward is mental.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay the man. The Trail Blazers aren't going to find a better depth big man than Drew Eubanks this season or next.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose