2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dinwiddie has sort of given Dallas a second star and another ball handler to go with Doncic. Of course Brunson is the same type player.

The lack of size may be their biggest weakness in the playoffs but they both free up Doncic to do more. He can play anywhere.

I thought Dinwiddie was done based on his numbers on the Nets. Needed the ball more I guess.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Dinwiddie was done based on his numbers on the Nets. Needed the ball more I guess.

I questioned the same thing but the Nets are a mess right now.

Usually a good player's career doesn't drop off that quickly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golden St will make a major move this summer. Their big-3 aren’t getting any better/younger and Poole, Moody, Kuminga and Wiseman have value.

i think Wiseman has to show some big flash here and there to still be considered to have real value in a trade. he flashed early last season, but was sieve on D and then has been injured for over a year. Kuminga though looks like a potential star they could maybe highlight in a package with all of the above/picks for a legit big star.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
So, Westbrook doesn't want to be called "Westbrick" anymore because it hurts his family legacy. Lol.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golden St will make a major move this summer. Their big-3 aren’t getting any better/younger and Poole, Moody, Kuminga and Wiseman have value.

Wiseman is supposed to play in 2 G league games this week so he apparently is getting closer. If they're going to try and move him offseason it would appear likely he's going to get some run before the season is up.

Of the guys mentioned I really don't want to give up any of them but of the 4 I'd probably be most inclined to trade Poole. He's good but he's not a good defender and he appears to be a bit of a tweener. I didn't want Moody I really wanted Duarte and was bummed he got picked before us but I actually like Moody now. Better shooter than I expected, also bigger than I thought I thought they were inflating his height but I don't think they are. And he plays very hard, on the floor after loose balls etc. I love Kuminga and I want to keep Wiseman because they need size.

the problem is Payton is not a PG so if you trade Poole, Draymond becomes absolutely critical because you need to run the offense through him so Steph doesn't have to play PG all the time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think Wiseman has to show some big flash here and there to still be considered to have real value in a trade. he flashed early last season, but was sieve on D and then has been injured for over a year. Kuminga though looks like a potential star they could maybe highlight in a package with all of the above/picks for a legit big star.

I have it on pretty good authority that Kerr absolutely loves Kuminga. I'd be surprised if they move him.

He's still 19 and inconsistent but his improvement has been great this year. iggy has been pretty outspoken he said some day this is going to be his team, obviously not now with Steph but he's that high on Kuminga.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 in a row! Almost forgot what a win was like. Much better defensive effort last night although the Clips missed a bunch of open shots too.

If Poole keeps this up off the bench it bodes really well, it's nice to have a playmaker like that as the 6th man and with him and Kuminga coming off the bench plenty of scoring.

FYI Draymond looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight he almost looked skinny last night in street clothes

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kerr made a mistake starting Klay. not that he's the problem but I think it impacted chemistry, he could have used him off the bench as a scoring option but it hasn't worked. You can't blame Klay, Draymond went out about the time Klay came back but it has not worked. Poole seems to have settled in now after struggling a bit off the bench, but Payton has struggled since the move, admittedly he also got hurt twice around that time.

But you can understand, Klay is an all time Warrior player they didn't want to make him come off the bench.
I agree with this. And I expected it. The Warrior had a fantastic chemistry going. Also, with Klay. You do not just come back from injuries like that. If you actually get back to where you were, it takes time, if you can get there at all. He is two years older. He might get the stats, but what does the team have to give up to get him those stats?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks blowing the Mavericks out in the 3rd quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets are playing some of the best basketball around the NBA at 9-1.

If they get some players back they will be a tough out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nuggets are playing some of the best basketball around the NBA at 9-1.

If they get some players back they will be a tough out.

Said it before, they worry me much more than the Warriors or Grizzlies, especially with a returning Jamal Murray.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said it before, they worry me much more than the Warriors or Grizzlies, especially with a returning Jamal Murray.

I'm not so worried about them since Ayton matches up so well with Jokic. Its teams like the Hawks, Heat and Warriors who i'm afraid of. They will try to draw Ayton out. Also Crowder just doesn't match up well with any of those teams because he can't guard those kinds of wings effectively. Then he can't make up for it on the offensive end consistently. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree. If the Nuggets get healthy they are as good as any team out there.

They have established a winning culture much like the Suns. It's next man up for them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw an interesting stat of sorts.

The Clippers have more winning seasons under Steve Balmer's ownership than Donald Sterling's.

Balmer bought them in 2014, with his first season being the 2014-15 season. Sterling owned them from 1981-2014. They've had 7 consecutive winning seasons under Balmer compared to 6 total under Donald, 3 of which came at the end of his tenure. Crazy to think about.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joel Embiid has shot 19 free throws in the first half lol. I know they’re down 20 but that’s absurd. Suns don’t get to the line that much as a team sometimes.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Steph is almost unwatchable with his weird ass demeanor after he makes a bucket. Can't stand him...love his game but he's a douche

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Warriors are scary if Curry and Poole are in the zone together but Denver was on a b2b and shot 7-31 from 3. Game shouldn’t have been close late.

I was getting worried there we’d be playing GS in the semis instead of the CF’s.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are scary if Curry and Poole are in the zone together but Denver was on a b2b and shot 7-31 from 3. Game shouldn’t have been close late.

I was getting worried there we’d be playing GS in the semis instead of the CF’s.
Yeah but it was even worse than a B2B, for Denver it was their 4th game in 5 nights. That's tough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson