2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Y'all are so negative. The kid has skills and deserved his draft position. If he can be good and simmons can step up, we have a hell of a LB core.

I wonder if he's trying to imitate Licht's LB core. David, White, and Barrett is a great group. They even have Minter as a backup hahaha.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Byron Jones had a better vertical, surely he made the record in broad jump

Yes I checked now, 44 1/2
12.03 broad jump

My bad. I meant to say he might have broke the record was the equipment not set to max 43.5.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still remember CJ coming out of Syracuse with 4.5 sacks total & injury concerns. NFL draft is a fickle beast at the end of day smh

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still remember CJ coming out of Syracuse with 4.5 sacks total & injury concerns. NFL draft is a fickle beast at the end of day smh

College sacks numbers are misleading. Lots of quick passes, lots of screens, etc. Tough for rushers to consistently get to the QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were this a good FO with a good track record, I'd probably support the pick and their opinion of it. It's a bottom 5 AT BEST FO, so how am I supposed to have this level of faith?

Also, sure, I may be wrong on the other players. May be wrong on Collins, too. I've been wrong a few times LOL That doesn't make me like this pick, unfortunately. Loved the Simmons pick; hate this one.
Absolutely SPOT ON! This front office deserves nothing but doubt from the fans. Their draft credibility is...well there is none.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
Saw this today.....not to rub salt in any wounds.

It's a chart of how each player drafted fell along the average consensus rankings....ie were they drafted above or below where most industry experts had them being drafted.

Our guy is on the wrong side of the fence.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It's a chart of how each player drafted fell along the average consensus rankings....ie were they drafted above or below where most industry experts had them being drafted.

This doesn't really say anything. I'm not sure average consensus rankings mean much at the end of the day.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My take on where Collins is listed as projected to be late 20's seems more positional in nature.

Many drafts that's where guys like him seem to go. We could maybe have traded down a few picks and still got him, but maybe not.