2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How do you say in the same post that he drafted the right guy given the situation but also he sucks?

Surely on a team with needs everywhere BPA is the right move?
Because a good gm creates plans to avoid the situation to maximize what he can control. I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk, but it’s a possibility. He kind of passively backed himself into a corner. I think the same can be said of our situation in round 2. I think we have to take a corner and it’s going to be like the 7th or 9th corner selected and we will pass up superior talent as a result.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not sure we should have been trading up for a G. The gap between AVT and guys like Humphrey, Davis and Dickenson isn't bit at all. I like all those guys in the 2nd over AVT.
I’ve been trusting dvontel that AVT is elite.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Regarding the "Keim plan" there is a common denominator from him over the past two seasons. Fotu is a big/physical/athletic DE. Rashad Lawrence physical NT. Watt is a physical DE. Simmons big and athletic ILB. Budda is a physical S. Collins a big and physical ILB. Golden is a physical OLB. Even Devon Kennard is more physical than he is speed. So that is all pretty consistent if you are looking for some type of plan.
Yet we don’t seem to be known as a physically dominant or intimidating defense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because a good gm creates plans to avoid the situation to maximize what he can control. I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk, but it’s a possibility. He kind of passively backed himself into a corner. I think the same can be said of our situation in round 2. I think we have to take a corner and it’s going to be like the 7th or 9th corner selected and we will pass up superior talent as a result.

What choice do we have with little capital? We have Nuk and Hudson. We can't have everything.

Imagine if he burnt the little capital we have to move up and the guy he wants is gone or would have been there anyway?

95% of teams stood pat and picked from what fell to them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals don't HAVE TO take a corner.

Steven Nelson is probably better than every corner left. Bashaud Breeland is probably better than most as well.

There are multiple veterans still on the market.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What choice do we have with little capital? We have Nuk and Hudson. We can't have everything.

Imagine if he burnt the little capital we have to move up and the guy he wants is gone or would have been there anyway?

95% of teams stood pat and picked from what fell to them.
Agreed the what if would’ve resulted in this board killing him. But he was essentially the only GM sitting right on the cusp of the drop off in talent. People want to give keim a pass bc he sucks, I will banging the drum that I want a gm that is better than other gms. Call me crazy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steven Nelson is probably better than every corner left. Bashaud Breeland is probably better than most as well.

They should take one but yes, they don't need to force it.

There are some lower round guys I like such as Rochell, Ambry Thomas, Marco Wilson and St.Juste.

Check out Marco Wilson's Pro day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Keim has no control of those free agents. The only thing he control is the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They should take one but yes, they don't need to force it.

There are some lower round guys I like such as Rochell, Ambry Thomas, Marco Wilson and St.Juste.

Check out Marco Wilson's Pro day.
Mocks this morning had Rochell and st. Justo going late 2nd/early 3rd, Thomas going 4th.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marco Wilson:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marco Wilson:

Eons ago USC guard Daniel Hackett did that against UCLA in a basketball game. Darren Collison lost his shoe and as he went to pick it up Hackett threw it out of bounds, in a live ball. And there was no penalty.

Pretty bad way to lose a game though get a penalty for that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marco Wilson:

I know. Its the thing he's best known for but I'm not going to ding a kid for one tiny moment. People make mistakes and he's learned from it.

His physicals are elite. One of a handful of players with overall profiles in the 90th percentile.

10 Yard Split 1.49s* 90th percentile
20 Yard Split 2.51s* 89
40 Yard Dash 4.35s* 92
Vertical Jump 43½"* 98
Broad Jump 136"* 98
3-Cone Drill 6.8s* 80
20 Yard Shuttle 4.09s* 69
Bench Press 26 reps* 99

That's the highest ever recorded VJ for a CB and apparently would have been more. They only had the machine set up for 43.5 and his knuckle hit the top.

He struggled in a more zone heavy scheme this year but had a decent 70 grade in '19. Has the tools, just needs coaching.

Last edited:

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eons ago USC guard Daniel Hackett did that against UCLA in a basketball game. Darren Collison lost his shoe and as he went to pick it up Hackett threw it out of bounds, in a live ball. And there was no penalty.

Pretty bad way to lose a game though get a penalty for that.

We just got rid of one stupid CB who gives up brain dead penalties to keep the opposition driving. Don’t need that

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know. Its the thing he's best known for but I'm not going to ding a kid for one tiny moment. People make mistakes and he's learned from it.

His physicals are elite. One of a handful of players with overall profiles in the 99th percentile.

10 Yard Split 1.49s* 90th percentile
20 Yard Split 2.51s* 89
40 Yard Dash 4.35s* 92
Vertical Jump 43½"* 98
Broad Jump 136"* 98
3-Cone Drill 6.8s* 80
20 Yard Shuttle 4.09s* 69
Bench Press 26 reps* 99

That's the highest ever recorded VJ for a CB and apparently would have been more. They only had the machine set up for 43.5 and his knuckle hit the top.

He struggled in a more zone heavy scheme this year but had a decent 70 grade in '19. Has the tools, just needs coaching.

I think Byron Jones had a better vertical, surely he made the record in broad jump

Yes I checked now, 44 1/2
12.03 broad jump

Reaction score
Yeah, because there will somehow be a bad highlight reel for a 1st-round pick lol Every pick is going to have a good highlight reel. That's somehow going to change my mind?
Im not trying to change your mind..I frankly dont care who u are or what you think.
In fact you can kiss my +++

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose