2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We're gonna & *#%~w kill everyone!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

How can you not root for this kid? His mindset and attitude are just what this defense and team needs. He's gonna end up being a very vocal leader and I'd be willing to bet his play on the field backs it up.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I forgot but I need to get this off my chest.

The NFL network SUCKS!

For every pick before us and every pick after they spent a bunch of the time talking about what they were going to do and what they did do.

When it got to the Cardinals pick they spent 10 minutes talking about Mac Jones and the Pats, then "Here comes the Cardinals pick. The Cardinals take Zaven Collins. Now let's go to an add break". Then when they come back it's all about the Raiders. They didn;t say jack about the Cards leading up to the pick or after the pick.
Yup every year

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How do you say in the same post that he drafted the right guy given the situation but also he sucks?

Surely on a team with needs everywhere BPA is the right move?
Because a good gm creates plans to avoid the situation to maximize what he can control. I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk, but it’s a possibility. He kind of passively backed himself into a corner. I think the same can be said of our situation in round 2. I think we have to take a corner and it’s going to be like the 7th or 9th corner selected and we will pass up superior talent as a result.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not sure we should have been trading up for a G. The gap between AVT and guys like Humphrey, Davis and Dickenson isn't bit at all. I like all those guys in the 2nd over AVT.
I’ve been trusting dvontel that AVT is elite.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Regarding the "Keim plan" there is a common denominator from him over the past two seasons. Fotu is a big/physical/athletic DE. Rashad Lawrence physical NT. Watt is a physical DE. Simmons big and athletic ILB. Budda is a physical S. Collins a big and physical ILB. Golden is a physical OLB. Even Devon Kennard is more physical than he is speed. So that is all pretty consistent if you are looking for some type of plan.
Yet we don’t seem to be known as a physically dominant or intimidating defense.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because a good gm creates plans to avoid the situation to maximize what he can control. I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk, but it’s a possibility. He kind of passively backed himself into a corner. I think the same can be said of our situation in round 2. I think we have to take a corner and it’s going to be like the 7th or 9th corner selected and we will pass up superior talent as a result.

What choice do we have with little capital? We have Nuk and Hudson. We can't have everything.

Imagine if he burnt the little capital we have to move up and the guy he wants is gone or would have been there anyway?

95% of teams stood pat and picked from what fell to them.