2020 Draft

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Best players that are likely to be there at 10

Vassel
J.Smith

I think both feel a need but I think Smith is a perfect fit.
He can protect the rim hit 3's and has a few years in college.

Can play PF/C

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vassel
J.Smith

Can play PF/C

I think some team is going to be very happy with Jalen Smith. Minimally he is a big man that can hit the 3-point shot but his game is so much more.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think some team is going to be very happy with Jalen Smith. Minimally he is a big man that can hit the 3-point shot but his game is so much more.

Draft Smith at 10, sign Ibaka to a short term deal to start and to mentor Smith while Smith develops, get a bench scorer with the MLE, and sign a veteran minimum back-up center, and I would call that a very successful offseason, especially if they also find a way to keep Saric on a reasonable deal as the primary back-up 4/5.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Vassel
J.Smith

Can play PF/C

Don't get me wrong. I like Vassell. But how does he fill a need when we already have Oubre and Bridges? In my opinion, he only fills a need if we trade Oubre or Bridges...

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I like Vassell. But how does he fill a need when we already have Oubre and Bridges? In my opinion, he only fills a need if we trade Oubre or Bridges...

We need a backup SG.

Kelly is starting SF
Bridges is backup SF

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We need a backup SG.

Kelly is starting SF
Bridges is backup SF

And Vassell is a SF. Hence, my point. Vassell is not a reliable enough ball handler and does not have a reliable enough outside shot to play the 2. He is pretty much a combination of Bridges (defensively) and Oubre (offensively)...

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Vassell shoots 41% from the 3 and 49% from the floor overall

Ball handling can be taught and he will be on the floor with a PG

He can play backup mins SG/SF

BENCH

PG Payne/Carter
SG Vassell
SF Bridges
PF Dario
C F/A Baynes

That's a great Defensive bench.

Dario is the weakest on D out of the bunch.

Last edited:

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

I actually agree with 1sun I like vassell but I don't think he fits them right away. The sun's are sort of in a win now type situation at least for playoffs because I don't think devin stays if they don't make it next year. They need someone who is going to be more of a playmaker they can't afford to wait a few years until he figures it out

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I actually agree with 1sun I like vassell but I don't think he fits them right away. The sun's are sort of in a win now type situation at least for playoffs because I don't think devin stays if they don't make it next year. They need someone who is going to be more of a playmaker they can't afford to wait a few years until he figures it out

I agree I think Smith is the better pick
Not sure which one will be the better player

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

BENCH

PG Payne/Carter
SG Vassell
SF Bridges
PF Dario
C F/A Baynes

That's a great Defensive bench.

Dario is the weakest on D out of the bunch.

Actually, Cam would be the back-up PF with Dario at back-up C in that line-up...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
8-0 with Cam starting and Dario off bench

In a bubble with half of the opponents having nothing to play for and resting 4-7 players, while having to overcome slow starts in almost every game.

In my opinion, it would be a HUGE mistake to look solely at the record in the bubble and conclude everything is fine with our starting line-up. If anything, it further reinforces that power forward is the weak link in the starting line-up, and Cam is better suited as a scorer coming off the bench.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Cam seemed to play his best ball in that spot. Coaching is about putting a player in a position
to perform his best.

So if Cam played well enough in the spot that Suns did well.
l keep him there.

At least until he shows that the team SHOULD move him. Bubble or not they played the best ball of the season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam seemed to play his best ball in that spot. Coaching is about putting a player in a position
to perform his best.

So if Cam played well enough in the spot that Suns did well.
l keep him there.

At least until he shows that the team SHOULD move him. Bubble or not they played the best ball of the season.

You must not have seen the game against the 76ers in the bubble...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must not have seen the game against the 76ers in the bubble...

Cam played fine in every game in the bubble. He could have had better outings here and there but all starters will have an off night occasionally, especially a rookie who is new to that role.

It hasn't been so long since those games that you can try rewriting history in regards to what happened in each game so stop trying to do that.

I don't think you've ever been in an environment where other people watch just as many games, if not more, than you do. That would explain why you try twisting reality here to fit whatever narrative you're pushing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam played fine in every game in the bubble. He could have had better outings here and there but all starters will have an off night occasionally, especially a rookie who is new to that role.

It hasn't been so long since those games that you can try rewriting history in regards to what happened in each game so stop trying to do that.

I don't think you've ever been in an environment where other people watch just as many games, if not more, than you do. That would explain why you try twisting reality here to fit whatever narrative you're pushing.

That wasn't just an off night (or day, in this case). Cam was by far the worst player on the court that game, and the Sixers were playing a bunch of their scrubs, one of which (Mike Scott) looked like a Hall of Famer while matched up against Cam. No NBA-worthy starter has a game that bad...ever...

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree Hoop Head. With that said why is Jalen Smith not a lottery pick

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree. With that said why is Jalen Smith not a lottery pick
That wasn't just an off night (or day, in this case). Cam was by far the worst player on the court that game, and the Sixers were playing a bunch of their scrubs, one of which (Mike Scott) looked like a Hall of Famer while matched up against Cam. No NBA-worthy starter has a game that bad...ever...
Lebron had bad games vs Dallas. Some say he cost his team a ring.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's bad, and then there's the game Cam had in the bubble against the 76ers...

He was a step slower than usual and was outplayed by lesser players at times but this idea that it was horrible or historically bad is absurd. And given his medical history I don't think it's any big shock that Cameron had his worst game on the second day of a back to back. All told, the guy was plus 86 for the bubble, I'll take that any time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is idiotic.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He was a step slower than usual and was outplayed by lesser players at times but this idea that it was horrible or historically bad is absurd. And given his medical history I don't think it's any big shock that Cameron had his worst game on the second day of a back to back. All told, the guy was plus 86 for the bubble, I'll take that any time.

Another reason to play him limited minutes off the bench rather than starting him: His medical history. I don't know that his body could even make it through a season as a starter, anyway, and if this is what we can expect in the second of back-to-backs...

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I can post so many nba starters games that are worse then that, several examples off the top of my head come from players like harden or westbrook or other future hall of famers, but I'm not wasting my time with that. This statement is beyond ridiculous

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson