Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently 9th

last two weeks have dropped up from what would be 4th to 9th

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
I'm fine with it as we should still have a chance at Lamb, Wirfs and maybe even Brown if he falls a bit.

Also as unlikely as it is, we could still move up if Jax, LAC or Carolina win and we lose next weekend to a Rams team that wrecked us the last time we played them.

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
I'm fine with it as we should still have a chance at Lamb, Wirfs and maybe even Brown if he falls a bit.

Also as unlikely as it is, we could still move up if Jax, LAC or Carolina win and we lose next weekend to a Rams team that wrecked us the last time we played them.
JAX vs COLTS
LAC vs CHIEFS
CAR vs SAINTS

All pretty unlikely for a win lets be honest

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what the win does:

it puts Carolina and LAC above the Cards in the draft order. One of them will want the third QB off the board and would want to trade up.

i really dont care though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think there’s a huge drop off.

not only that but if there's no sure thing from 6-15, it's more than likely Keim takes the guy who ends up sucking.

that said, still happy about the win. gives me a little more confidence in KK. Just wish it was Kyler who could have been in victory formation, giving him one really impressive W, on the road against a contender, under his belt going into next year.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

The are many levels of drop off in the first round 1&2 big drop to 3-6 another drop from 6-12 then another drop from 12-20. Most times the guy you get at 10 you can find something similar at 25. This year is not one of those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
not only that but if there's no sure thing from 6-15, it's more than likely Keim takes the guy who ends up sucking.

that said, still happy about the win. gives me a little more confidence in KK. Just wish it was Kyler who could have been in victory formation, giving him one really impressive W, on the road against a contender, under his belt going into next year.
Damnit I was feeling good about the win/draft position until you brought that up

We really don't know how Keim's board will lineup. Could end up drafting a guy to play a position he's not suited to play or not ready for a couple years.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i dont agree. excluding the QBs, its Chase young, and then 10 guys who all look to be pretty good

also - there are lots of players at the same position where the debate is who is best: Thomas vs Wirfs. Jeudy vs Lamb, etc. 6-10 are the group of second guys. No guarantee that teams at 1-5 pick the right ones

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Andrew Thomas
Tristan Wirfs
Jedrick Wills
CeeDee Lamb
Isaiah Simmons
Jeffrey Okudah
Jerry Jeudy

Nine names to feel fine about choosing at 9
I just can’t get with drafting a ILB in the top 10.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If that is the best player on the board than why not? Kuechly was the 9th pick in 2012 and I doubt Carolina at all regrets that pick. How big of an impact did Dansby have on our defense while he was here? Seemed pretty big to me. Anything that bolsters our front 7 has the potential of being a great move.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, if he is the only name from that list available, Joe Burrow is still on the board...which means we can trade back and get more picks (which won't happen because he will go #1).

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you go elite trench player in the 1st....either Derick Brown or Thomas/Wirfs.

In the 2nd, get Tee Higgins? Higgins, Butler, Kirk, and Isabella have a lot of room to develop in this offense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that is the best player on the board than why not? Kuechly was the 9th pick in 2012 and I doubt Carolina at all regrets that pick. How big of an impact did Dansby have on our defense while he was here? Seemed pretty big to me. Anything that bolsters our front 7 has the potential of being a great move.
Let me reword that

I don’t believing in spending a top 10 pick on ILBs that aren’t great blitzers. Guys like Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, & Brian Urlacher were all picked outside the top 10 & had HOF careers. As long as they’re not pathetic, I think ILB you can get away with the most being average compared to the rest of the positions on defense.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
I will be happy when we draft 32nd. I hate this talk about draft position. Go out and try to win every week. Great W today and I hope we get another next week and drop further in draft

Last edited: