2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI another Bay Area rumor has the Warriors offering Wiseman and the pick to Cleveland to try and get Collin Sexton. Talented scorer but very ball dominant doesn't fit the Warriors scheme and undersized 2 on a team that would like to get Curry off the ball more if they can so that seems unlikely to me.

I like Collin Sexton a lot but that is way overpaying.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The overreactions to ONE game are just making me chuckle. Before tip last night everyone thought we were Finals bound. Three games ago, we were coming off a 9 GAME PLAYOFF W STREAK, destroying teams and then winning two games back to back without CP3. And now after going 1-2 against a team that is like playing barbed wire, we’re not a championship team anymore... even though we’re still up 3-2 in the series?

y’all are expecting perfection from an UBER young team that the overwhelming majority is in the playoffs for the first time. No team ever just breezes to a title on their first run. We’re no different.
Its not expecting perfection.
Its usually the more talented team wins. Clippers have more talent and are just missing Kawhi. Lakers had more talent and were missing AD/75% LeBron.

Giannis will/would be the best player on the floor in the finals. And unlike other teams they'd have their 2nd best player on the floor. (Obviously the Clippers best is with Kawhi though)

It has nothing to do with the Suns and mostly to do with the other teams. There is nothing wrong with that as no one will care (in Arizona at least) as long as they win the championship. Crazy stuff happens almost every year.

Things are destined for a Suns team to win the championship. On them to capitalize.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Collin Sexton a lot but that is way overpaying.

He's good but he's undersized for a 2 and not a 1. So then Curry doesn't get off the ball as much as they'd like. And your lineup two undersized 2's, an undersized 3(klay) an undersized 5(Draymond) and an undersized 4(Wiggins).

interesting though the Warriors announcer Kelenna Azabuike absolutely loved Sexton when they played this year, just raved about his intensity and scoring ability. But he's one of the most ball dominant guards in the NBA, not sure you want that with Curry and Klay.

I want to keep Wiseman but if they want to move him get Siakam, get Lonzo Ball and be done with it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's good but he's undersized for a 2 and not a 1. So then Curry doesn't get off the ball as much as they'd like. And your lineup two undersized 2's, an undersized 3(klay) an undersized 5(Draymond) and an undersized 4(Wiggins).

interesting though the Warriors announcer Kelenna Azabuike absolutely loved Sexton when they played this year, just raved about his intensity and scoring ability. But he's one of the most ball dominant guards in the NBA, not sure you want that with Curry and Klay.

I want to keep Wiseman but if they want to move him get Siakam, get Lonzo Ball and be done with it.

Siakam is exactly what the Warriors need and Lonzo Ball would fit better IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not expecting perfection.
Its usually the more talented team wins. Clippers have more talent and are just missing Kawhi. Lakers had more talent and were missing AD/75% LeBron.

Giannis will/would be the best player on the floor in the finals. And unlike other teams they'd have their 2nd best player on the floor. (Obviously the Clippers best is with Kawhi though)

It has nothing to do with the Suns and mostly to do with the other teams. There is nothing wrong with that as no one will care (in Arizona at least) as long as they win the championship. Crazy stuff happens almost every year.

Things are destined for a Suns team to win the championship. On them to capitalize.

take this “the Suns can only win because everyone is injured” crap and shove it back where it came from. You do realize we had a 1/4 CP3 for three games in the first round, right? And no CP3 in the WCF for two games?

Kawhi Leonard has been healthy in 2 of the the last FIVE PLAYOFFS. Him being injured at this point in his career in the playoffs is what it is. Predictable. Same with AD.

man... y’all Johnny Come Lately to the Suns board to trash them is just lame.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… you’ve been hoping for a Hawks collapse since the start of the series. Such little faith. LOL!

thats not true. I’ve actually said that I thought they were the scarier out in the Finals. Never really said much about who I thought would win, nor would a Hawks lord be a “collapse” considering they were the lower seed.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
thats not true. I’ve actually said that I thought they were the scarier out in the Finals. Never really said much about who I thought would win, nor would a Hawks lord be a “collapse” considering they were the lower seed.
I’m messing with you dude… riffing on your post in response to my boxing match analogy in the Suns game 6 thread!
Go Suns! The lane is being cleared for them. They NEED to score a knockout tomorrow night!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
take this “the Suns can only win because everyone is injured” crap and shove it back where it came from. You do realize we had a 1/4 CP3 for three games in the first round, right? And no CP3 in the WCF for two games?

Kawhi Leonard has been healthy in 2 of the the last FIVE PLAYOFFS. Him being injured at this point in his career in the playoffs is what it is. Predictable. Same with AD.

man... y’all Johnny Come Lately to the Suns board to trash them is just lame.
And you can say the same crap about CP3 having injuries ruining his previous chances, lol.

NO ONE IS TRASHING THE TEAM.

Its called an HONEST assessment. You could make the case the Suns are a year ahead. Year 4 or year 5 Ayton is likely a much better player as well.

And 1/4 CP3 (lol) is still better than no AD or a guy who cant move at all.

Suns benefitted. Suns won. You shouldnt feel bad about the "How" just as long as they won a championship. However, there's nothing wrong with realizing they caught every break. Now they have to cash it. Afer all the bad luck CP3's had in his career now things are in his favor. The Suns have to just finish the job.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you can say the same crap about CP3 having injuries ruining his previous chances, lol.

Its called an HONEST assessment. You could make the case the Suns are a year ahead. Year 4 or year 5 Ayton is likely a much better player as well.

Suns benefitted. Suns won. You shouldnt feel bad about the "How" just as long as they won a championship. However, there's nothing wrong with realizing they caught every break. Now they have to cash it. Afer all the bad luck CP3's had in his career now things are in his favor. The Suns have to just finish the job.

just keep on giving back handed compliments and critizing and minimizing every accomplishment after a loss when you’ve almost never shown up ALL SEASON or when they were thrashing teams for 9 games in a row. And when they win one of these next two games, spare us the “they only did it because other teams were injured” BS.

I wouldn’t have much an issue with the above if you a) had shown your face here ONCE during the season b) didn’t mention injuries and minimize what the Suns have done in almost every post. It’s freaking lame, verging on trolling.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How many games do you think the Suns were at 100%?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not even close.

The Suns aren’t some super team that’s going to be heavily favored we would be the underdogs against the Bucks

Giannis is likely out for a while... Hawks will win if he's out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the best scenario for Trae if they can win this series without him. A deep bone bruise can last, days, weeks or a month. The more time Young has to heal the more likely he is to return at full strength in the finals. If The Bucks were about to end the series Young might have returned hurt or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
just keep on giving back handed compliments and critizing and minimizing every accomplishment after a loss when you’ve almost never shown up ALL SEASON or when they were thrashing teams for 9 games in a row. And when they win one of these next two games, spare us the “they only did it because other teams were injured” BS.

I wouldn’t have much an issue with the above if you a) had shown your face here ONCE during the season b) didn’t mention injuries and minimize what the Suns have done in almost every post. It’s freaking lame, verging on trolling.
You become the type of poster we normally can’t stand.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

still not even ckose

the patriots team that went undefeated only to lose in the super bowl and the Warriors team that won 73 games and didn’t get it done will always be on top

Reaction score
That was the first game where it looked like the Hawks wanted to play defense. If they defend that way, they definitely have a shot, especially since
Bogdanovich finally looked like he wasn't moving at half speed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
No structural damage doesn't mean they are not stretched which means they are weak. I can't imagine him coming back again in this series unless they are seriously going to brace it up.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simply amazing there are at least no tears. He really is 'the freak'.

Still doesn't mean he won't miss the rest of the playoffs. But damn. That's amazing if true.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
gutted to see the injuries to young and Giannis. I hope they can both come back.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trae and Giannis are out in game 5. Without those 2 I'm not sure its worth watching. Just hope it goes 7.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson