2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The talent on this Nets team is just unfair. Those three guys are so good.

Plus Joe Harris, who is one of the best shooters in the league.

I'm kind of glad they don't have Dinwiddie because then they'd have solid depth behind Kyrie and Harden.

Its also clear watching them that Blake Griffin was totally phoning it in for Detroit. He's not the same guy he was on the Clippers but he's got a lot more in the tank than he's shown in the last few years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Boston blow it up?

it’s kind of clear they’ve been passed by in the East

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are either of those guys a 1 on a championship team?

because they ain’t new to the playoffs and it ends the same every year

Brown has been out with injury. They still took one off the Nets, probably the most talented team in history. Taytum and Brown are the same age or younger than Booker. Should the Suns blow it up if they don't win the chip this year?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown has been out with injury. They still took one off the Nets, probably the most talented team in history. Taytum and Brown are the same age or younger than Booker. Should the Suns blow it up if they don't win the chip this year?

I agree with most of your post. I don't think they're the most talented team in history but they probably are right up there near the top when you view it from how talented they are in comparison to the rest of the league. They are loaded with superstars and quality role players but before the last round or two of expansions there were some incredible rosters such as the Showtime Lakers and Bird's Celtics.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with most of your post. I don't think they're the most talented team in history but they probably are right up there near the top when you view it from how talented they are in comparison to the rest of the league. They are loaded with superstars and quality role players but before the last round or two of expansions there were some incredible rosters such as the Showtime Lakers and Bird's Celtics.

OK fair enough. The Nets are one of the most talented teams in history.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I had to watch the game at a bar which I absolutely hate doing but the Portland/Denver game was on the next screen. Y’all need to watch what Lillard did at the end of 4th qtr and overtime cause I’ve never seen anything like it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Boston will be fine. Could use a little more around Brown and Tatum, but they are pretty potent top two guys for them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boston will be fine. Could use a little more around Brown and Tatum, but they are pretty potent top two guys for them.

Yeah, Ainge hasnt done a great job building the team around them. They had a boatload of extra picks that they ended up wasting, basically. They should have been making trades to add pieces but oh well.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, Ainge hasnt done a great job building the team around them. They had a boatload of extra picks that they ended up wasting, basically. They should have been making trades to add pieces but oh well.

Ainge has largely misplayed his hand over the last three years, given all the assets he had at one point. A case of outsmarting himself by trying to be too clever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lillard scored 55 points... on 24 SHOTS.

55 POINTS.

24 SHOTS.

That's ridiculous. If that dude was playing with Klay and Draymond, people might be calling him the best hybrid PG/SG ever. He's marooned in Portland with a team that plays zero defense around him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dame might be the most fun guy in the NBA to watch.

he’s a straight killer in the clutch to his end of the game highlight reel is hilarious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Ainge is considering his future with Celtics, even the possibility of stepping down.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ainge has largely misplayed his hand over the last three years, given all the assets he had at one point. A case of outsmarting himself by trying to be too clever.

Danny did an incredible job accumulating draft picks and had a decent amount of lottery luck but they've turned that treasure trove into far less than he should have. It's not all his fault though.

It's hard to blame him on the Irving fiasco and the fact that a couple of his first round picks lost value when Sacramento and Brooklyn both outperformed expectations. And then there's the year they actually did get lucky in the lottery but the draft class proved to be lackluster. I think it just goes to show that there's more than one way to build a great team but no matter what method you use, you have to get lucky.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown and Tatum are still at the beginning of their careers.

Tatum has been incredible, and Brown is not a slouch either.

They have a few other good young pieces too.

No, there is no need to blow it up, they just need to add a couple pieces.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Jalen Brown it's hard to see how the Celtics could have done much better in the Nets series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This story seems to have developed quickly with Danny Ainge expected to step down.