2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gasol looks done. Can’t guard the pick and roll at all.

LeBald flops into Batum for free throws ugh

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I’m the Nets, there’s no way I trade for Harden. That team has two superstars and is FREAKING DEEP.

not enough balls to go around if they throw the beard in there.

also, I think GS is going to struggle more than I expected them to this year.

Me either. I really like the nets as is. To me it is 50/50 between them and the Lakers who is the best team.

levert is damn near an all star on a different team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
16-8, clippers. Leonard fouled to the line.

Watch the refs will come and get the Lakers back into the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I’m the Nets, there’s no way I trade for Harden. That team has two superstars and is FREAKING DEEP.

Shocking I know, I agree with cheese on both counts.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Unless Green comes back in the form of a few years ago they're going to flat out suck. Curry is great at initiating offense but they don't have any catch and shoot guys. Wiggins and Oubre seem like a nightmare combination on offense, black holes with putrid shot selection.

And yes, I agree about the Nets too. That team should be a lock for a top 3 seed in the East and I think the depth and defense that they have will serve them better than Harden.

I also think Harden and Kyrie would haaaaaate playing together.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless Green comes back in the form of a few years ago they're going to flat out suck. Curry is great at initiating offense but they don't have any catch and shoot guys. Wiggins and Oubre seem like a nightmare combination on offense, black holes with putrid shot selection.

And yes, I agree about the Nets too. That team should be a lock for a top 3 seed in the East and I think the depth and defense that they have will serve them better than Harden.

I also think Harden and Kyrie would haaaaaate playing together.

I think most are done when it comes to playing with Harden

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No matter how you look at it though, Nash did his job. If Shaq finds fault in those awards, the target for his ire should be the voters not the little guy who balled his heart out. And if, IF, Nash shouldn't have won it in 2005 it's because Kobe deserved it over him, not Shaq.

Shaq was a lot like Wilt, he was easily the best player of his era when he chose to be but far too often he coasted. He'd still get his numbers but he didn't always dominate the game the way he was capable of doing.

And you're right, Shaq brings nothing to that show.

I think you mean 06’. Kobe was hurt in 05’... Truthfully there’s about 5-6 guys that deserved it on 06’ and Shaq wasn’t one of them.

Shaq and Wilt are good comps from different eras. Both guys are top-10 all time despite not getting the most out of their careers. Both had other interests and weren’t as dedicated to their game as other greats.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you mean 06’. Kobe was hurt in 05’... Truthfully there’s about 5-6 guys that deserved it on 06’ and Shaq wasn’t one of them.

Shaq and Wilt are good comps from different eras. Both guys are top-10 all time despite not getting the most out of their careers. Both had other interests and weren’t as dedicated to their game as other greats.

Shaq DEFINITELY didn’t deserve squat in 06.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I could easily have the years confused. I'm usually happy if I get my decades right.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Although there are similarities, I wouldn't equate Shaq to Wilt.

In terms of size and strength, Wilt was in a class by himself on offense.

Bill Russell played "D" and won the championships, but Wilt was
unstoppable on offense. And so were his stats.

And the quantity of women he bedded. No one else comes close.

Shaq stood out in his time. Wilt stood out for all time.

You have to wonder if he ever held back to let opposing Centers
feel that they were in the game. But then step it back up when
he felt it was time.

No one has ever dominated their sports as much as Wilt and Babe
Ruth. Off the top of my head, I think that when the Babe hit HR's
in the high 50's and 60, his closest competitor was at about 17.

And when Wilt scored 100 in an NBA game in Hershey PA . . .
Even though the Knicks had to play their backup Center.
Child's play!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Warriors haven't played basketball for awhile. Wiseman looks like a nice young player.

Maybe it's me but I have trouble adapting to the dark theme of the Nets court. It's a bit depressing to me.

Great to see Steve Nash and company.

That's my take they've played a couple of preseason games in total since March, the Nets played in the bubble, different players obviously but the Warriors looked like a team that hasn't played much. Curry couldn't buy a shot, no Draymond to play Point Forward they were trying to play Curry off the ball but the nets just ran a 2nd defender at him and made him pass, so he had double digit assists but nobody else can put the ball in.

My concern is Draymond he has one of those dreaded foot injuries, they never seem to heal the way you think they will and for him I worry about weight, he really leaned out the last couple of years, if he's got a foot injury after being down for nearly 300 days is he in shape?

I don't think they're as bad as they looked last night, but clearly not a 5 finals in a row caliber Warrior team. I also think there's a real mental letdown they were so excited and then Klay got hurt again and let the air out of the balloon.

I liked what I saw of Wiseman, I love Paschall, but yeah they have some guys who aren't very good playing major minutes right now

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my take they've played a couple of preseason games in total since March, the Nets played in the bubble, different players obviously but the Warriors looked like a team that hasn't played much. Curry couldn't buy a shot, no Draymond to play Point Forward they were trying to play Curry off the ball but the nets just ran a 2nd defender at him and made him pass, so he had double digit assists but nobody else can put the ball in.

My concern is Draymond he has one of those dreaded foot injuries, they never seem to heal the way you think they will and for him I worry about weight, he really leaned out the last couple of years, if he's got a foot injury after being down for nearly 300 days is he in shape?

I don't think they're as bad as they looked last night, but clearly not a 5 finals in a row caliber Warrior team. I also think there's a real mental letdown they were so excited and then Klay got hurt again and let the air out of the balloon.

I liked what I saw of Wiseman, I love Paschall, but yeah they have some guys who aren't very good playing major minutes right now

The biggest takeaway from the game for me is the Warriors looked a team that hasn't played together for awhile. Too many players trying to figure out roles. They didn't play the Warriors style of play which we know they will.

Curry will need some go to players. When Draymond Green comes back that will help. How many times are the Warriors going to shoot 37.4% from the field and 65.2% from the free throw line? I wouldn't take too many bad things away from the game. Sure losing Klay Thompson hurts but Steve Kerr will have them playing much better before long.

Looks like the Warriors got the Wiseman pick right. He moves and shoots well.

Oubre looked totally lost. He will play better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the video is recent, James Harden must really want to get traded.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If the video is recent, James Harden must really want to get traded.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He’s shooting himself on the foot though. In order to be traded you need a willing partner with assets. How many are out there? Who wants to give up that much to get a guy like that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s shooting himself on the foot though. In order to be traded you need a willing partner with assets. How many are out there? Who wants to give up that much to get a guy like that?

Somebody will bite. Harden has tremendous talent. I don't want to see him going to a team ready to take the next step like the Mavericks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody will bite. Harden has tremendous talent. I don't want to see him going to a team ready to take the next step like the Mavericks.

I have to admit I haven't followed the story why does Harden want to be traded?

They've basically given him everything he wanted, a coach who emphasized scoring and put defense on the backburner, a coach who let him have the ball nonstop. When that didn't work they traded for Westbrook who was buddies with harden, when that didn't work they traded Westbrook. So does he not like Silas?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I haven't followed the story why does Harden want to be traded?

They've basically given him everything he wanted, a coach who emphasized scoring and put defense on the backburner, a coach who let him have the ball nonstop. When that didn't work they traded for Westbrook who was buddies with harden, when that didn't work they traded Westbrook. So does he not like Silas?

Oh, Yes. James Harden wants to be traded. He reported late to camp and reportedly had confrontations with other Rockets players. He wants to go to a contender primarily a team like the Nets although he will consider a few other teams.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com...b-video-jeopardizes-availability-okc-thunder/

I have to ask. Do you think the Warriors would have interest in him? Curry is not getting any younger.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, Yes. James Harden wants to be traded. He reported late to camp and reportedly had confrontations with other Rockets players. He wants to go to a contender primarily a team like the Nets although he will consider a few other teams.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com...b-video-jeopardizes-availability-okc-thunder/

I have to ask. Do you think the Warriors would have interest in him? Curry is not getting any younger.

I've seen stories about it but I can't see it. He's too ball dominant doesn't fit the Warriors MO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn