2019 O-line discussion

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ronin, May 21, 2019.

1. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Except they hadn't gotten anywhere near a championship without Leonard. IN the last 5 years, they'd lost in the first-round twice, in the semis twice, and once made the Eastern Conference Finals and got unceremoniously bounced by LeBron.

It's hard to legitimately argue that this was a championship roster at the beginning of the year with the Celtics, Bucks and Sixers rising up, even with Lebron gone. They got swept by the Lebrons last year.

2. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

The raptors also brought in a new coach.

3. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Always a Gentleman

I think a big reason that K1 wasn't more hyped coming out of college is that he was only in the spotlight for a relatively short amount of time.

In other words, he didn't have time to get on everybody's radar, or for the hype machine around him to really get cranked up.

Heck, people weren't even talking seriously about him playing pro football until like the seventh or eighth game in his 2018 season.

But I could be wrong, and it's all a moot point now anyway.

Back to discussing Marcus Gilbert's prospects at Right Tackle!

He of course has the tie to our current OL coach Kugler, which is cool, but I didn't know he was suspended in 2017 for PEDs (not cool).

My question is, can he out perform Joe Barksdale and Will Holden, who both started for us at RT last year? Maybe? :)

4. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Because they're game wasnt well suited for the playoffs, and at the end of the day, stars have more effect in the NBA more than any other sport.....kind of like....adding a dynamic superstar QB to replace a moderately ok one.

5. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

So did the Raptors have a Championship roster before Leonard was added, or not?

6. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Without LeBron in the east, arguably - yes. They came into the season after 59 wins, added K... and Gasol, later.

7. Krangthebrain

No, because the NBA requires stars to win a championship 19/20 times.

DeMar Derozen and Kyle Lowry are stars....Kawhi Leonard is a Star. The roster has a great mix of role players, but lacked a true talent who can put them over the top, even though they were/are clearly one of the five best teams in the NBA.

Solar7 likes this.
  8. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Very strange mind you have there.

9. Goldfield

Goldfield Formally known as BEERZ

Troll

legend and Vacard like this.
  10. Krangthebrain

I think you are missing the point. Outside of the Detroit Pistons, the NBA requires a superstar or two to win a title. Without the superstar, the Raptors didnt have a real, legit shot.

At the beginning of the year, they had three guys at PG. That's very nice depth. Multiple good big men too.

There is no contradiction in these statements. And my comparison is that they took a big gamble, because if Leonard walks, they will require a rebuild. Murray is a big gamble, but I like our chances with him because of his personal characteristics, which the players on the team are confirming by their statements.

11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

How is that trolling? Do you call Steve Spurrier an offensive genius? Chip Kelly? Both ran innovative college offenses that were not NFL ready. Both actually won at the college level too, unlike KK. Again, just because I see trends that make me express serious doubt and refuse to just accept that KK is an offensive "genius" when he hasn't called a single NFL play, doesn't make me someone here intentionally trying to rile people up or make them feel bad.

12. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Whatever Krang.

13. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

For a reasoned & objective take on Murray and other Cardinal newcomers, check out Darren Urban's latest piece on Cardinal players and roster-positions at the completion of OTA's and minicamps.

14. b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn Registered

15. Krangthebrain

I do call Spurrier and Kelly offensive geniuses. They were undone by other factors more than anything.

Spurrier surrounded himself with alot of college coaches and wouldnt adapt his protection schemes for the NFL level. He was undermined by Snyder and his personnel control.

Kelly was given too much power too quickly. His schemes are great, but not really suited for the NFL because they lack complexity to a degree.

The Air Raid is really a descendant of the west coast offense to a degree.

Like I said, Reid calls Kingsbury for advice. Reid is probably the best offensive mind in the NFL. I trust the best offensive mind in the NFL if he thinks someone knows offense.

Your negative Nancy attitude on every point is tiresome. There are very legitimate issues about this team...the offensive line has worrisome injury issues, the defensive line is relying to much on young depth, same with wide receiver, and Patrick Peterson's suspension comes at a time when there are winnable games.

And yet you get your panties twisted over someone calling Kingsbury an offensive genius.