2019 O-line discussion

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Based on Keim’s interview this week, he has zero interest in Trent Williams, he thinks he’s too old.
Keim has zero credit to his name when it comes to offensive linemen.

Just because Keim doesn't like Williams makes me believe the guy still has some gas in the tank and will bring value to the team he eventually plays for.

I repeat Keim has nothing to prove his worth in this area, and in most others

Probably has more to do with him hanging on to DJ Humphries becoming a better LT, too.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keim has zero credit to his name when it comes to offensive linemen.

Just because Keim doesn't like Williams makes me believe the guy still has some gas in the tank and will bring value to the team he eventually plays for.

I repeat Keim has nothing to prove his worth in this area, and in most others

Probably has more to do with him hanging on to DJ Humphries becoming a better LT, too.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

I dont particularly want William's, but Keim is terrible on IDing offensive line talent.

Even Humphries early struggles with work ethic are an indictment on the Cardinals scouting staff that KEIM chooses.

I actually struggle with THIS concept...what if the Cardinals go on a late season run and Keim keeps his job? Long term that might be the worst thing that can happen to this team.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The other option you have with Humphries IF he can stay healthy all year and play well is the franchise tag in 2020.

This buys you one more year to truly prove he can stay healthy and productive.

Franchise tag may be around ~15m...he counted ~10m this year.

Franchise tag Hump? Never. Not in a million years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A kind of sweezy type of player
There isn't any...that is the point. LT free agent class is pretty bare...Humphries is probably the best LT available with Anthony Castonzo who I doubt the Colts let go..

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's not a reason to franchise tag a bang-average (at best), always injured LT. Not in the slightest. That's a dumb GM move that really hurts a franchise.
If you have money and can sign a guy for a single year until you have find a replacement, that is absolutely the right thing to do.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
NFL
I dont particularly want William's, but Keim is terrible on IDing offensive line talent.

Even Humphries early struggles with work ethic are an indictment on the Cardinals scouting staff that KEIM chooses.

I actually struggle with THIS concept...what if the Cardinals go on a late season run and Keim keeps his job? Long term that might be the worst thing that can happen to this team.

My biggest fear.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's not a reason to franchise tag a bang-average (at best), always injured LT. Not in the slightest. That's a dumb GM move that really hurts a franchise.
What about paying Bradford and Glennon 30 mill this year....id gladly franchise him with that perspective

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good news whos going to spend the 60 mill to fix the D...
Why did we let Bethea go? He was pretty good
And paying Gresham 5 mill wth

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No. In that case, you either draft the cheap replacement or sign the schmoe who can do close to the same job for a fraction of the cost. Let's not pretend we're talking about a world beater here.
This strategy is what causes you to let Bobby Massie walk and draft DJ Humphries.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No. In that case, you either draft the cheap replacement or sign the schmoe who can do close to the same job for a fraction of the cost. Let's not pretend we're talking about a world beater here.
I don’t think you play games with protecting your potential franchise quarterback. You can’t win 5 games with Humphrey’s as your best OL, but you can win 11 games with him as your third best OL.

There just isn’t a schmo out there who can do that job at half the price. If there was, he’d be playing right tackle for us right now.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mark Schlereth: Cardinals’ O-line was unhappy with play calls, now satisfied
What’s more, Schlereth dropped the nugget that the Cardinals’ offensive line wasn’t happy about it.

“And those guys are annoyed. I’ll tell you first hand,” he said. “I talked to several of them. They did not like it. Early in the season, they were not happy. And they were not happy with the coach. And again, part of the learning curve. So I guess the moral of the story here is things are settling down and your coach is growing and your players are growing.”

That last part is notable: According to Schlereth, Kingsbury, a first-year head coach who came up from the college ranks, has made the appropriate adjustment. The Cardinals lately have been running less 10-personnel — one running back and no tight ends — so having one or more tight ends up front can help the line.
https://arizonasports.com/story/212...ne-was-unhappy-with-play-calls-now-satisfied/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave