2019 Free Agency

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lakers again with no shooting and more knuckleheads.

If James and Anthony miss 20 games apiece or more then I think there is a real chance they miss the playoffs again.

Danny Green and Quinn Cook are pretty darn good shooters.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OMG this is funny!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I do not think OKC will get a big haul for Westbrook. His contract is a nightmare, other stars don't like playing with him and him alone gives you nothing but a first round exit in the playoffs.

I think they will have to give up a pick.

That's just ridiculous. He's easily a top-ten player, borderline top-five, there's no evidence that his teammates don't like him, and he has only two more years left on his deal.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's just ridiculous. He's easily a top-ten player, borderline top-five, there's no evidence that his teammates don't like him, and he has only two more years left on his deal.

I think he has 4 years left on his contract.

Westbrook signed ahead of this season to a super-max deal for five years and worth $207 million.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I think he has 4 years left on his contract.

Westbrook signed ahead of this season to a super-max deal for five years and worth $207 million.

Yes. He has 4 years and $171 mil left on his contract

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't agree with what JC said, I think they'll get something for him, but I don't see it being a big haul.

He has had 2 superstar teammates leave him, he has 4 years left at over 40 million a year, his efficiency dropped dramatically the last 2 seasons in a row, I don't think he is a top 10 player anymore and I think age is going to be harsh on his play style.

Cap relief and a middling young player or two, something like Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr and whatever contracts the Knicks need to throw in to make the money work is the best I think they could get for him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank you for the corrections. I was going by Hoopshype, which is usually very accurate. So that changes things, but I still think he has positive trade value, even though it's a closer call now.

IMO he is an outstanding player. it will be interesting to see if he is traded.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Thank you for the corrections. I was going by Hoopshype, which is usually very accurate. So that changes things, but I still think he has positive trade value, even though it's a closer call now.

The issues with any team trading for him is his salary. Not many teams have the salaries to trade for him without gutting their team, similar to what happened with the Lakers. Lakers, with the fact they have a legit chance as a Championship contender have gotten some good talent to sign for pennies, but also had $35mil after trading for AD. Any team that trades for Russ will gut their team and won't have that free money to sign others

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe he has 4 years
19-20--$38.5 million
20-21--$41.3 million
21-22--$44.2 million
22-23--$47.06 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/russell-westbrook-6141/

4 of the last 5 years he has shot under .300 from 3.
His efg% is .468
ft% is 65%
overall shooting is .428

He does get assists and rebound. He is 30 and his game is all about athleticism. Miami might do it. Knicks might. He can get numbers for himself like no other, but do you want him on your team at that salary?

AND he is requesting a trade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The issues with any team trading for him is his salary. Not many teams have the salaries to trade for him without gutting their team, similar to what happened with the Lakers. Lakers, with the fact they have a legit chance as a Championship contender have gotten some good talent to sign for pennies, but also had $35mil after trading for AD. Any team that trades for Russ will gut their team and won't have that free money to sign others
There are teams that could do it.

Suns, Orlando, Miami, Boston, Houston, Portland, and others could do it.

Maybe Houston. They might be desperate to try to keep up with the Clippers and Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he has 4 years
19-20--$38.5 million
20-21--$41.3 million
21-22--$44.2 million
22-23--$47.06 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/russell-westbrook-6141/

4 of the last 5 years he has shot under .300 from 3.
His efg% is .468
ft% is 65%
overall shooting is .428

He does get assists and rebound. He is 31. Miami might do it. Knicks might. He can get numbers for himself like no other, but do you want him on your team at that salary?

AND he is requesting a trade.

Although the Suns would likely not want to do it, but your earlier trade idea of Tyler Johnson, Kyle Korver and a resigned Oubre could fit in a trade for Russell.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Although the Suns would likely not want to do it, but your earlier trade idea of Tyler Johnson, Kyle Korver and a resigned Oubre could fit in a trade for Russell.
I assumed giving up a pick to move him though. I might be all wrong about that but based upon previous deals and salary commitments . . . I could see the Knicks giving up assets just to have a marquee player in NY but they do not have the assets to do it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed giving up a pick to move him though. I might be all wrong about that but based upon previous deals and salary commitments . . . I could see the Knicks giving up assets just to have a marquee player in NY but they do not have the assets to do it.

Just wanted to give you credit for an idea to get Russell not that the Suns are likely to do it.

It would be a player the Knicks might like.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK. Here is a deal that works cap wise.

Orlando gets: Westbrook, Miami 2021, Phoenix 2020 (not sure about protection). Vucevic slides to the 4 and Bamba to the Center.
OKC gets: Tyler Johnson, Evan Fournier. They get out from under Westbrooks deal and get a player back.
Phoenix gets: Aaron Gordon. They have wanted him anyway.
So OKC, with the most valuable asset, gets the absolute worst return. Ooookay.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So OKC, with the most valuable asset, gets the absolute worst return. Ooookay.
I am making an assumption that most here do not hold--Westbrook has negative value. Picks could be altered to even out the deal. I could be wrong about RW's value obviously.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I am making an assumption that most here do not hold--Westbrook has negative value. Picks could be altered to even out the deal. I could be wrong about RW's value obviously.

Westbrook is OKC’s franchise player they’re not dumping him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Westbrook is OKC’s franchise player they’re not dumping him.

A lot of rumors saying there going into rebuild mode. Even with PG gone there still paying luxury tax and that’s a lot for a team that might not make the playoffs.

If they play there cards right they can set there franchise up something crazy. They already got a really good young PG back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave