2019 Free Agency

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns have 7 million more to spend under the cap since the NBA announced new cap numbers. Moves us to 20-21 mil without making moves I believe. Essentially like we just moved JJ.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And yet they've won more than the Suns have.
Charlotte had a veteran squad. Veteran teams get wins, Charlotte should have made the play-offs but changing GM's and coaching last year was ? Very important off season for Suns their playing a card game that will last for four years.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns have 7 million more to spend under the cap since the NBA announced new cap numbers. Moves us to 20-21 mil without making moves I believe. Essentially like we just moved JJ.
I think that is the number that everyone was expecting. At least that is the number on this site.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/phoenix-suns/cap/2019/

So no change in expected cap number. We are still at $13 million.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait, I thought we were 13 at the OLD number before the cap announcement? Are you sure?
I think the number announced is the number everyone expected and planning on. $109 million and change is the number everyone has been using for months.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FREE BAMBA

I don't blame them, Bamba's rookie season was a full fledged disaster, he sucked and got injured. They were absolutely horrible while Bamba was healthy, they don't make the playoffs if he doesn't get hurt.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Especially given what I'm hearing, the following is my free agent point guard order of preference:

Brogdon
Russell
Beverley
Wright
Rubio
Jones
Rose

In my opinion, no other point guard is worth signing at any price, as there would be no improvement over the crud we already have.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bleacher report saying Lakers missed out on Kyrie Irving. They wanted Kemba Walker but Celtics getting him. May be making a big push for D'Lo late in the game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Especially given what I'm hearing, the following is my free agent point guard order of preference:

Brogdon
Russell
Beverley
Wright
Rubio
Jones
Rose

In my opinion, no other point guard is worth signing at any price, as there would be no improvement over the crud we already have.

What about Satoransky - I don't think I have ever seen him play - but his stats look pretty good.

Otherwise, I mostly agree with your list, but Russell would be #1 for me.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What about Satoransky - I don't think I have ever seen him play - but his stats look pretty good.

Satoranksy is better than half that list

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Satoransky makes Booker and Russell look like defensive stoppers. The team defense would be like a sieve, and Satoransky isn't good enough offensively to make up for that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sporscenter just talked about Dlo. Lakers and Minnesota the only teams they talked about.

The mystery of the Suns FA PG continues! :hairraise

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Sporscenter just talked about Dlo. Lakers and Minnesota the only teams they talked about.

The mystery of the Suns FA PG continues! :hairraise

Not shocking. One thing that we can say for certainty with this FO is that its leak free. Whether or not that leads to anything is up in the air though.

Speaking of quiet, we've heard almost nothing about Brogdon really.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man the list of options just seems uninspiring to me. I'm really hoping we get to breathe a sigh of relief with Russell signing somewhere else tomorrow. IIRC I had hoped we would get one of the topics in that draft to play him next to Bledsoe. That said, I really don't think we need any sort of dynamic playmaker at the 1. Sure it would be nice, but what we need more than anything is somebody who can run the pick and roll fairly well, hit an open jumper, and most of all play defense. Russell, Booker, and Ayton sounds like a disaster on the defensive end to me. On top of that I don't think Russell is anywhere near max contract great on offense either. Maybe I just need to go watch more of him? I mean if we DO sign him I'll hope like hell that he outplays my expectations. It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me now… If it's even a real possibility anyways.

Anyways, hope everybody has a great night and whatever they do we see a much more competitive team next year.

take care
Joe

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns better do something. Next years free agency class is pretty bad. I’d they don’t do anything the countdown to Devin Booker asking for a trade is on and honestly I don’t blame him.

They need DLO or Brogdon badly

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K.C. Johnson

@KCJHoop

There’s strong belief within league circles the Bulls and Darren Collison were headed for a marriage had Collison not surprisingly retired Friday night at age 31.

The timing behind this is weird. I feel like something more will come out. Why retire 2 days before free agency starts? He was a free agency that figured to get around $10 million a year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose