2019 Free Agency

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
6/29/19, 3:01 PM
Charlotte has declined to exercise qualifying offer on Frank Kaminsky, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, league source tells ESPN. There's significant interest in Kaminsky in the marketplace

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
6/29/19, 3:01 PM
Charlotte has declined to exercise qualifying offer on Frank Kaminsky, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, league source tells ESPN. There's significant interest in Kaminsky in the marketplace

I'm trying to figure out what they are doing in Charlotte. There must be some stuff I have missed.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what they are doing in Charlotte. There must be some stuff I have missed.

There situation parallels a lot of what the Suns have been through. Bad lottery luck, 1 draft pick in recent history over performing to reach all-star caliber while most other have failed to live up to expectations. Key FA acquisitions also not meeting expectations. Main difference is the committed a lot of long term money to those free agents, which is something the Suns avoided for the most part.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There situation parallels a lot of what the Suns have been through. Bad lottery luck, 1 draft pick in recent history over performing to reach all-star caliber while most other have failed to live up to expectations. Key FA acquisitions also not meeting expectations. Main difference is the committed a lot of long term money to those free agents, which is something the Suns avoided for the most part.

Oh, and they made the playoffs in the last decade and haven't been one of the two worst teams in the NBA for three years running...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Actually, Gambo was dead on with respect to the Suns having to attach an asset to unload Warren.

He also had a report that we weren't likely to trade him, josh jackson, or the 6th pick (before it was refuted by a national writer THE NEXT DAY). We've traded 2 already

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He also had a report that we weren't likely to trade him, josh jackson, or the 6th pick (before it was refuted by a national writer THE NEXT DAY). We've traded 2 already

Yeah, he didn't report that Warren had no value until like... hours... before the trade was announced, basically Gambo didn't know until it was a done deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looks like the Hornets have money to spend in free agency unless I am missing something.

At least the Suns have a couple of key players in Ayton, Booker and hopefully Oubre.

I'm not seeing much on the Hornets roster and free agency is a hard sell.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like the Hornets have money to spend in free agency unless I am missing something.

At least the Suns have a couple of key players in Ayton, Booker and hopefully Oubre.

I'm not seeing much on the Hornets roster and free agency is a hard sell.

No, the Hornets have almost no space, keeping Walker would have put them into the luxury tax.

They're paying Batum, Marvin Williams, Biyombo, Zeller and MKG nearly 90 million combined.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the Hornets have almost no space, keeping Walker would have put them into the luxury tax.

They're paying Batum, Marvin Williams, Biyombo, Zeller and MKG nearly 90 million combined.

I was looking at the 2021 season by mistake. They are a lot worse off than the Suns.

Someone was making lots of mistakes for this group of players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was looking at the 2021 season by mistake. They are a lot worse off than the Suns.

Jordan has not proven to be a great executive.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And yet they've won more than the Suns have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie meeting with Nets on Sunday.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Free agent Kyrie Irving is meeting with the Brooklyn Nets in New York on Sunday and both sides are motivated to move quickly toward reaching a 4-year, $141M deal, league sources tell ESPN.

3:00 PM - 29 Jun 2019

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, he didn't report that Warren had no value until like... hours... before the trade was announced, basically Gambo didn't know until it was a done deal.

Yeah - well he was reporting days before there was very little interest in both Warren and Jackson. You act like he has to know how every nba executive is thinking to have accurate information about the suns - that is ridiculous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Sources: Jimmy Butler expected to meet the Miami Heat in South Fla. Sunday. Butler/Rockets meeting likely early week in LA. Sixers haven’t ruled out working with Butler on sign-and-trades, which Miami and Houston need to acquire the All-Star guard.

3:00 PM - 29 Jun 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And still nothing on the Suns, other than Cory Joseph. Welcome to rock bottom.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is the deal on Russell. If Kyrie committs to the Nets they are expected to renounce Russell.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Walker edging Thompson on the All NBA team really hurt the Hornets and was another stroke of luck for the Warriors. There is no reasonable way the Hornets could have paid Walker the supermax and not having it to offer Thompson avoids an even more ridiculous tax bill or potentially pissing him off by not offering it and watching him sign elsewhere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking like Kyrie goes to the Nets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Rose likely to Pistons.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh, and they made the playoffs in the last decade and haven't been one of the two worst teams in the NBA for three years running...

Their win total peaked at the same win total as the Dragic led Suns in a weaker conference. Certainly not a team I envy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson