2016 March Madness

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It baffles me how wasted Tarczewski will have ended up being at UofA. Having a skilled 7 ft senior and simply refusing to get him the ball. Never even avg 10 PPG his career.

He's not a great offensive player but for sure they didn't get him the ball anywhere near enough.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not a great offensive player but for sure they didn't get him the ball anywhere near enough.

Yeah, when your 7 ft and as in shape as he is, learning to position yourself in the post and make bunnies is all you need.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone else found that as they get older, they just don't care about the tournament like they used to? I don't know if it's because there just aren't the stars in college basketball anymore or dynasties which were always fun to watch/root for to lose, but the tourney, while still great and watchable, has just lost it's luster for me a little bit over the years.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
has anyone else found that as they get older, they just don't care about the tournament like they used to? I don't know if it's because there just aren't the stars in college basketball anymore or dynasties which were always fun to watch/root for to lose, but the tourney, while still great and watchable, has just lost it's luster for me a little bit over the years.

No, I'm a Kansas JayHawk. I will always care about all things NCAA BB

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's the same here. I can't get into college basketball unless I'm wanting to scout a player for the NBA. I think it's harder to follow college basketball until later in the tournament if one does not follow college basketball regularly. It helps to have a team to follow.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Have felt this way for years now... Of course I'm about to turn 52 so that could have something to do with it.
But seriously, the one & done part of college basketball makes it very, very hard for me to get into it.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helluva tournament.

Whooda thunk?

Yale, Hawaii, MTSU, Little Rock, Zags , etc.

I've got 3 left for the Finals.
Xavier, Tex A & M, Virginia. Good luck with that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

This year is the very reason that the tournament is still one of the largest events in American sports. So much unpredictability and entertainment. I mean, that MTSU win against MSU is historic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess yes although I think for me it's because UCLA sucks and isn't in it this year.

But even last year it didn't occur to me to take a day off. There was a time I always called in sick to watch the first day.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This year is the very reason that the tournament is still one of the largest events in American sports. So much unpredictability and entertainment. I mean, that MTSU win against MSU is historic.

That's got to be among the biggest tourney upsets since it expanded.

I wasn't even watching I kept seeing the score and assuming MSU would eventually pull away.

With USC out I have nobody to root against so I guess now I want Kansas to win because I picked them in my pool.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SDSU had a chance to upset Maryland but their coach decided it was a good idea not to call timeout with his PG on the bench and 12 seconds left in the freaking game lol... Still a great game tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Good post and question... As for me I'm not sure. I've never been a big March Madness guy. I just mean like I have some friends who take this whole week off work, setup 4 TVs, play in 20 brackets...

I've always been moderately interested at best. Do I guess I would say my interest level has been maintained at Luke warm. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's got to be among the biggest tourney upsets since it expanded.

I wasn't even watching I kept seeing the score and assuming MSU would eventually pull away.

With USC out I have nobody to root against so I guess now I want Kansas to win because I picked them in my pool.

I'm pretty sure Norfolk St over Mizzou had a larger spread than MSU vs MTST.

Then again, when it comes to epic failures I just naturally first go to Mizzou

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Norfolk St over Mizzou had a larger spread than MSU vs MTST.

Then again, when it comes to epic failures I just naturally first go to Mizzou

Lots of people thought MSU was going to win it all this year. I don't recall good Missouri was that year?

Basically what people were saying going into this though it's the most wide open tournament in ages.

I picked Kansas because they were the best team I personally saw. I watched less hoops this year so most of my frame of reference is UCLA and they were easily the best team we saw all year.

Of what I saw so far in the tourney, they are playing as well as anybody.

OP
OP
FArting

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
My bracket is busted. I had MSU winning it all.

I can't wait till GCU gets invited to the NCAA Tournament.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wow!
The PAC12 just collectively crapped themselves in front of the entire nation

sent from a fone

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow!
The PAC12 just collectively crapped themselves in front of the entire nation

sent from a fone

Oregon and Utah were the only ones who ever had a chance anyways. I think we'll see both those teams in the final four.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I will never tire of the tournament. The regular season drags, but WTH.

This year, some new exposure and under the radar players emerging on the national scene if only for a month. Who can't fall in love with the likes of Giddy Potts, Thomas Walker, Makai Mason, et al? Next game another new name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard