2016 March Madness

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Their coach is one of the hot coaches to move up to a bigger program so not really a shocker.

Duke will probably wear them down but they are a very well coached team.

I'm shocked on how UNC W. Is making Ingram ineffective out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UNCW didn't win but they were right in it until that charge block call went Duke's way.

Then UCONN wins on sheer toughness over Colorado, just love Kevin Ollie he'll be in the NBA fairly soon.

Now Yale is coaching circles around Scott Drew and Baylor. Amazing to me that Scott and Bryce Drew are brothers. Bryce appears to be an exceptional coach, and Scott couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yale is about to pull off the big 1st round upset over Baylor.

Brains beating brawn.

:D

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't want to jinx Yale, but I love watching a school with no athletic scholarships knock off a school who has made a habit of wasting the talent of McDonalds All-Americans.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love watching a school with no athletic scholarships knock off a school who has made a habit of wasting the talent of McDonalds All-Americans.

I'm pretty sure WSU has athletic scholarships.

Oh wait…

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure WSU has athletic scholarships.

Oh wait…

that was a pretty impressive coaching job by Marshall. he's got 3 kids on his roster that were ranked top 150 in the country out of HS, 1 of them top 100 the freshman McDuffie and that was just one service others had him 150 ish.

Arizona has Tarc and Trier who are burger boys, Anderson, York, Comanche, Simon and PJC were all top 100 several of them top 50. Allen was National Juco POY, Ristic a highly regarded foreign kid and Tollefsen one of the most sought after grad transfers last year.

Very impressive job by WSU they just took UA out of their offense and attacked Trier and PJC on defense.

Will be interesting on marshall he's apparently an extremely abrasive guy but he is obviously a hell of a coach. Wonder how long he stays there.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shockers are in no way an 11 seed. It is a cosmetic committee. They go for the names and ticket sales.

I watched BYU the other night in the NIT. Another team that was screwed over. That whole WAC gets screwed because of the lack of a name. Gonzaga, BYU and St Marys all deserved to be in.

WSU should make it to the Sweet 16.

BTW, anyone notice the Big 12 stinking it up...... again?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shockers are in no way an 11 seed. It is a cosmetic committee. They go for the names and ticket sales.

I watched BYU the other night in the NIT. Another team that was screwed over. That whole WAC gets screwed because of the lack of a name. Gonzaga, BYU and St Marys all deserved to be in.

WSU got downgraded for 4 losses in 5 games when Van Vleet was hurt. honestly it's my opinion the committee does that every year. They downgrade teams who are missing a key player but they don't upgrade teams who lost games with a key guy hurt who is now back.

I don't know if that's right or not but that's reality.

I don't see why UA fans are complaining about an 11 Wichita State, Michigan, Northern Iowa and Gonzaga. Of those the only one I'd say is an easy game for UA is Michigan. N Iowa beat WSU recently that is why WSU was a playin team. Gonzaga and UA went down to the wire early in the season with both teams missing a key player(Gonzaga still missing him).

The reality is they wanted a 5 seed so they got to play a 12 but if they should have gotten a better seed why did they get run out of the gym last night? this year is about parity. UA is used to a protected seed in the West where they don't play a good team until the Sweet 16, you gotta win your conference to get that

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Big 12 goes 2-2 and Pac 12 goes 1-3?

:shrug:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that was a pretty impressive coaching job by Marshall. he's got 3 kids on his roster that were ranked top 150 in the country out of HS, 1 of them top 100 the freshman McDuffie and that was just one service others had him 150 ish.

Arizona has Tarc and Trier who are burger boys, Anderson, York, Comanche, Simon and PJC were all top 100 several of them top 50. Allen was National Juco POY, Ristic a highly regarded foreign kid and Tollefsen one of the most sought after grad transfers last year.

Very impressive job by WSU they just took UA out of their offense and attacked Trier and PJC on defense.

Will be interesting on marshall he's apparently an extremely abrasive guy but he is obviously a hell of a coach. Wonder how long he stays there.

It baffles me how wasted Tarczewski will have ended up being at UofA. Having a skilled 7 ft senior and simply refusing to get him the ball. Never even avg 10 PPG his career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard