2015 March Madness

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Duke getting a #1 seed over Arizona is ridiculous. Duke couldn't even make the finals of the ACC so how do they get a #1 seed?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duke getting a #1 seed over Arizona is ridiculous. Duke couldn't even make the finals of the ACC so how do they get a #1 seed?

East Coast Bias plain and simple.

I so loved Gottlieb practically crying that UCLA got in. Is he ever going to get over them passing on him, twice as a player?

Doug, we get it, you're a bitter guy, but you're on live tv, you're supposed to be professional about it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Duke has wins at Wisconsin and Virginia. Duke has no losses to teams outside the top 100, Arizona has 3 losses outside the top 100. Duke played in a tougher conference, played a tougher non-conference schedule and has a higher RPI. I feel dirty now.

Steve

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Duke has wins at Wisconsin and Virginia. Duke has no losses to teams outside the top 100, Arizona has 3 losses outside the top 100. Duke played in a tougher conference, played a tougher non-conference schedule and has a higher RPI. I feel dirty now.

Steve

However, the point still stands. No way a team that not only didn't win their conference title, didn't even make it to the conference final. Worse yet, the team that did win the ACC gets lumped in with Kentucky.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, the point still stands. No way a team that not only didn't win their conference title, didn't even make it to the conference final. Worse yet, the team that did win the ACC gets lumped in with Kentucky.

It happens all the time. Conference winners get a little extra seeding consideration but it doesn't wipe out a season's worth of accomplishments or failures. For example, Duke had the 9th toughest schedule in the country and Notre Dame had the 95th toughest. Notre Dame moved up to the 3 line thanks to their conference tourney run. They were fortunate to even move that high given their RPI places them at 15th. VCU finished with an almost identical RPI and they also won their conference tournament, factors which only earned them a 7 seed. Granted, VCU lost 4 more games than Notre Dame but they played a far tougher schedule than the Irish.

Steve

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and got blown out at home by Miami by 25 points , a team that didn't make the tourney with 22 wins. Easr coast bias and Duke slurping never ends.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Winning the PAC isn't exactly an accomplishment this year.......... Can't believe anyone would consider for a minute that Arizona should be seeded above Duke - not a chance

More difficult schedule, better wins and higher quality in the losses with only one really bad on in there - compared to 3 for Arizona

Only wildcat fans and duke haters would consider Arizona to have a better case for a 1 seed and neither camp can be rationally reasoned with..........

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winning the PAC isn't exactly an accomplishment this year.......... Can't believe anyone would consider for a minute that Arizona should be seeded above Duke - not a chance

More difficult schedule, better wins and higher quality in the losses with only one really bad on in there - compared to 3 for Arizona

Only wildcat fans and duke haters would consider Arizona to have a better case for a 1 seed and neither camp can be rationally reasoned with..........

Well, I'm a Wildcat fan AND I'm a Duke Hater but I think there's an argument to put UA above Duke. I just think the better argument is in Duke's favor.

Steve

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap what a heartbreaker for SMU. Live I thought it was a bad call but in slomo you can see the ball is on the way down and over the rim when he blocked it.

And even if they'd reversed the call, Looney had the offensive rebound so would have been UCLA ball but what a crazy ending.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kurt Warner is live, in the stands @ the U of Northern Iowa/Wyoming game. Fist pumping/high fiving/grinning. Supporting his alma mater.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anything is possible but I suspect WVU is going to get hammered tonight.

They had the former UCONN coach on ESPN this morning he said look nobody is unbeatable but UK is so hard to play because there are things you can't do against them. You can't drive and kick because their guards stay with shooters knowing their bigs will block or change your shot if you drive.

UK is so effective on the offensive glass that even when they shoot poorly they can score.At the same time when they really are digging in, they don't give you offensive rebounds, so it gets so difficult to score you know you're getting one shot and people take quick bad shots because of that.

I think Wisconsin has the best chance, Calhoun agreed he said everyone that plays Wisconsin thinks the same thing, we're going to play our style not theirs, you're convinced of that but you won't, you are going to play their pace, they force you to. You think you're going to push the ball and get shots in transition but they won't let you, they send guys back, they stop the ball, they will not let you play the way you want to play.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible but I suspect WVU is going to get hammered tonight.

They had the former UCONN coach on ESPN this morning he said look nobody is unbeatable but UK is so hard to play because there are things you can't do against them. You can't drive and kick because their guards stay with shooters knowing their bigs will block or change your shot if you drive.

UK is so effective on the offensive glass that even when they shoot poorly they can score.At the same time when they really are digging in, they don't give you offensive rebounds, so it gets so difficult to score you know you're getting one shot and people take quick bad shots because of that.

I think Wisconsin has the best chance, Calhoun agreed he said everyone that plays Wisconsin thinks the same thing, we're going to play our style not theirs, you're convinced of that but you won't, you are going to play their pace, they force you to. You think you're going to push the ball and get shots in transition but they won't let you, they send guys back, they stop the ball, they will not let you play the way you want to play.

I get the motivation to try and pump the guys up, but UK is just way too good. I agree with UW having the best shot at them too, but U of A matches up well against them. Hope to see them both in the final 4 and would love to see Az find a way to win that game. I am rooting for UW or AZ to win this thing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this Kentucky game's been AWESOME so far!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Zebras will make sure UK wins.Its really amazing................every time UK plays the other teams best players get in foul trouble immediately and Kentucky ends up shooting more free throws.Since the refs refuse to call Kentucky for over the back or charging or basically anything it is mighty tough to win playing 5 on 8.The farce of pretending to be college athletes by the one-and-done player at Kentucky just shows the NCAA cares only about money and the sham that is Kentucky and John Callipari rolls on leaving a trail of slime behind itself like a slug.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zebras will make sure UK wins.Its really amazing................every time UK plays the other teams best players get in foul trouble immediately and Kentucky ends up shooting more free throws.Since the refs refuse to call Kentucky for over the back or charging or basically anything it is mighty tough to win playing 5 on 8.The farce of pretending to be college athletes by the one-and-done player at Kentucky just shows the NCAA cares only about money and the sham that is Kentucky and John Callipari rolls on leaving a trail of slime behind itself like a slug.

Seems as if CBS/NCAA are attempting to keep the "names" in the tournament. This whole tournament seems to be manipulated.Keep it close and max out the time outs for ad revenue. Watch Gonzaga get jobbed today.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
:bang:
Seems as if CBS/NCAA are attempting to keep the "names" in the tournament. This whole tournament seems to be manipulated.Keep it close and max out the time outs for ad revenue. Watch Gonzaga get jobbed today.

The officiating has been poor again as usual.Usually certain teams get the NBA star treatment (Kentucky,Duke).It is really too bad the announcers don`t have the balls to say outloud what many fans are thinking.....Certain teams always always get the benfit of the call (the ref that called the foul on ND with 6 seconds left was almost a midcourt and the other refs where right there and did call blow the whistle.Kentucky players just drop the shoulder and plow into the other team and get free throws most of the time.Same with over the back.When ND got 4fouls called on them in a little over a minute starting the game that told me how this was going to end.Zebras all too often benefit Kentucky.NCAA knows Callipari is a scumbag cheater yet because of the big money the Kentucky sheeple bring to events the NCAA turns a blind eye (UK cheats so Cleveland state might be put on probation again).To show how big of a farce it is the NCAA makes a big deal about maintaining graduation rates yet gives exemption for 1 and done players. So a kid going to UK or wherever for one year only because he needs a bit more seasoning will not count against a schools graduation rate while a kid who quits school or transfers will penalize the school.You either stay 4 years or you don`t.Yet the NCAA doesn`t want to offend the cash cow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard