2015-16 Free Agents

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Here is my list of peeps I could see the Suns making a run at.

DeAndre Jordan - C
Millsap - PF
Love - PF
Gasol - C/PF
Tyler Hansbrough - PF
Kevin Seraphin - PF
Jimmy Butler - SF/SG

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would LOVE Millsap in PHX even though I know he's old and might get overpaid.

He's the type of all star veteran leader/stretch 4 presence that's worth overpaying for. It will be hard to see him leaving such a good thing in Atlanta though.

No chance that Bulls don't match anything/everything for Butler and little chance that CLE lets Love walk after trading Wiggins for him. I actually think Love has said that he will be opting in this summer so that he can be a free agent once that cap increases along wit LeBron. Plus if CLE keeps winning like they've been this season, I don't think Love will leave just to go put up better numbers somewhere else while winning less. He already did that in Minnesota.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gasol will be the most coveted FA next summer, I don't think that the Suns will have a shot at signing him.

Love is in a weird situation: yes, his team wins more but his role is so much reduced that I'm not sure that he is happy in Cleveland. He might worth a run to convince that he would be the man in Phoenix while having a supporting cast of defensive-minded role players (Tucker, Len) and a dynamic backcourt-duo who also can play to his strenghts (pick-and-pops, outlet passes igniting fastbreaks, etc).

I think that there is a decent chance that he might listen to an offer like this.

Hansbrough is basically a min. FA.

Seraphin is a backup bigman at this point of his career but he has potential.

Jimmy Butler will stay in Chicago. It is also highly unlikely that Jordan leaves the Clippers plus we have Len so I would focus on the PF spot to upgrade.

Millsap is a good fit.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasol will be the most coveted FA next summer, I don't think that the Suns will have a shot at signing him.

Love is in a weird situation: yes, his team wins more but his role is so much reduced that I'm not sure that he is happy in Cleveland. He might worth a run to convince that he would be the man in Phoenix while having a supporting cast of defensive-minded role players (Tucker, Len) and a dynamic backcourt-duo who also can play to his strenghts (pick-and-pops, outlet passes igniting fastbreaks, etc).

I think that there is a decent chance that he might listen to an offer like this.

Hansbrough is basically a min. FA.

Seraphin is a backup bigman at this point of his career but he has potential.

Jimmy Butler will stay in Chicago. It is also highly unlikely that Jordan leaves the Clippers plus we have Len so I would focus on the PF spot to upgrade.

Millsap is a good fit.

I think Gasol stays in Memphis and if he decides to leave, I agree it won't likely be to us. I can't see Love leaving Cleveland unless he ends up being the scapegoat for a failed playoff run. Agree on Hansbrough. Kevin Seraphin is better on Twitter than he is on the court, I'd pass on him unless he was dirt cheap and there were no other undersized backup centers around. Agree on Butler and Jordan, neither one is likely leaving. Paul Millsap would be a nice fit but at 30 years old, he's ready to win now. We're still a few years away from dreaming about it.

Steve

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Gasol stays in Memphis and if he decides to leave, I agree it won't likely be to us. I can't see Love leaving Cleveland unless he ends up being the scapegoat for a failed playoff run. Agree on Hansbrough. Kevin Seraphin is better on Twitter than he is on the court, I'd pass on him unless he was dirt cheap and there were no other undersized backup centers around. Agree on Butler and Jordan, neither one is likely leaving. Paul Millsap would be a nice fit but at 30 years old, he's ready to win now. We're still a few years away from dreaming about it.

Steve
I think Love goes to LA like he always wanted....he'll be the man even with Kobe. I would still make him a max offer. Gasol would be ideal as he can play PF and allow Len at C.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Love goes to LA like he always wanted....he'll be the man even with Kobe. I would still make him a max offer. Gasol would be ideal as he can play PF and allow Len at C.

Love and Dragic both go to LA, and no one trades for a lame Duck FA again.

Imagine that. LA adds Love and Dragic, gets Randle back AND gets a top 5 pick in one off-season. Maybe that's why McD traded that pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won't have enought cap space for both Love and Dragic if the cap goes up to 67 mil. as projected.

No and that's why a lot of the free agents will be signing 2 year deals with a player option for the 2nd year. Agents want their players hitting free agency when the cap takes it's expected big jump the year after.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Here is my list of peeps I could see the Suns making a run at.

DeAndre Jordan - C
Millsap - PF
Love - PF
Gasol - C/PF
Tyler Hansbrough - PF
Kevin Seraphin - PF
Jimmy Butler - SF/SG

Marc Gasol is not a PF.

I think you can safely rule out the centers.

PF LaMarcus Aldridge
G/F Jimmy Butler
SF Kawhi Leonard

LaMarcus Aldridge is the ideal player the Suns could sign this offseason. Obviously a lot of teams will be interested in him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They won't have enought cap space for both Love and Dragic if the cap goes up to 67 mil. as projected.

They can easily cut or trade or choose not to renew every obligation but Kobe. They also have sign and trade.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
They can easily cut or trade or choose not to renew every obligation but Kobe. They also have sign and trade.

Kobe makes 25M$

Nick Young makes 5M$ and will be hard to move on 3 more years remaining.

Randle is on 3M$.

They might be able to move Kelly and Davis.

Their lottery pick will make about 4M$.

So you are talking about 37M$ comitted on 4 players. Add another 8M$ or so for roster cap holds and they really only have about 20-23M$ caproom.

Sure they can do it but it will require trading Randle and/or their top 5 pick to get rid off Young. Lets say Randle would be enough to move Swaggy P for nothing.

They would have about 30M$ comitted to Kobe and their pick and 10 roster capholds for minimum players that would still be round about 40M$ and only abouit 27M$ capspace.
If Dragic and Love get the max they would need near 40M$ capspace.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That said I think it is very likely they will sign Kevin Love.

I think Love is just playing good soldier in Cleveland because they have a chance to win and it would reflect poorly on him if he was causing trouble.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Marc Gasol is not a PF.

I think you can safely rule out the centers.

PF LaMarcus Aldridge
G/F Jimmy Butler
SF Kawhi Leonard

LaMarcus Aldridge is the ideal player the Suns could sign this offseason.
Obviously a lot of teams will be interested in him.
Aldridge will be 30 years old next year and this team is a few years away from contending. I would rather them sign someone younger or move up and draft Okafor.