2014 Arizona Basketball

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
After demolishing its last 3 opponents (CAL, ORE, ORE ST) its hard to understand how UA lost to UNLV & ORE ST, granted by a combined 6 points. UA's starting 5 can match up well against any team in the nation, the issue I see is front court depth is pretty shallow with just Ristic on the bench that is a regular contributor. Hopefully the front court can stay out of foul trouble in the tournament.

Out rebounded in both games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're up against ASU tonight. Any predictions?

I'm not liking the Cats chances. It's too bad ASU had all those bad/close losses earlier this season, a win like today might have helped their resume come March.

Steve

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What a great game! I think Miller is a great coach, but man I'm getting tired of him whining to the refs all game long...

TJ

Reaction score
What a great game! I think Miller is a great coach, but man I'm getting tired of him whining to the refs all game long...

That was a very poorly officiated game. I don't blame him one bit.

Seems to be standard procedure in the PAC

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How about Coach K, are you tired of him whining to the refs? Or how about Dean Smith? In the NBA, does anyone work the refs better than Pop or Phil Jackson before him? The better the coach, the more yapping they do to the refs. But all that said, I agree with you. I'd just throw a much wider net. I'm tired of ALL coaches and players whining and complaining to the refs. I'd gladly support an automatic T for every time a coach or a player did it. Restrict communication to the refs to one on court person only per team.

Steve

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazed that ASU took down the Wildcats again this year. There really is no excuse, U of A should have beat us. But I will take it!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Coach K, are you tired of him whining to the refs? Or how about Dean Smith? In the NBA, does anyone work the refs better than Pop or Phil Jackson before him? The better the coach, the more yapping they do to the refs. But all that said, I agree with you. I'd just throw a much wider net. I'm tired of ALL coaches and players whining and complaining to the refs. I'd gladly support an automatic T for every time a coach or a player did it. Restrict communication to the refs to one on court person only per team.

Steve

I am fine with the coach complaining, I think they have to draw a line at a coach yelling an obscenity at the ref so clearly that his own player pushes him back and steps in front of him and puts his hand in front of the coaches mouth so the ref can't read his lips. I know coaches swear all the time, but literally yelling an obscenity at a ref you are lookign right at, should be a T every time.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
For UA this is the difference between a maybe a 2 and 3 seed. For ASU this is the difference between the CBI and the NIT bubble.

This is college basketball. Nothing matters until March.

TJ

Reaction score
For UA this is the difference between a maybe a 2 and 3 seed. For ASU this is the difference between the CBI and the NIT bubble.

This is college basketball. Nothing matters until March.

My fear is that this team continues to play poorly against garbage teams, which leads me to believe that Zona is vulnerable to lose to a bottom-feeder in the first weekend of the NCAAs. Can't take days off from playing defense.

That's the difference between us and a team like Virginia--we can play D like them, but take games off.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the Curtain of Distraction worked again, U of A 8-14 from the FT line, 57.1%

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Looks like the Curtain of Distraction worked again, U of A 8-14 from the FT line, 57.1%
we were actually better in the second half (8-12) against whatever that circus act is than we were against no "distraction" in the first half (0-2). And our FT % for the entire season is only 69% so feel free to do the simple math. Or you can just take my word for it if you can't carry the numbers.

TJ

Reaction score
Too bad ASU couldn't bring the curtain to Pullman.

As for UofA, I changed my avatar because McConnell not only has an amazing first name that only people with intelligence bear ( :D ), but he's the lifeblood of this team. Stanley may be the best individual player, but the success of this program begins and ends with T.J. I hope PJC is taking notes.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love college basketball.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ

Reaction score
7 of our last 8 games have been 23+ point blowouts, only exception being the sun devil loss. This team is clicking on all cylinders.

I don't think we have a problem with UCLA on Saturday, but the Utah and Colorado games terrify me (Colorado only because I can see the team looking past that game).

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I dont care about the last second losses on the road or any ranking. I have seen enough games now to know what we are and can be. This team has the capability to win it all, and unless Kentucky is in the same bracket, should get to the Final 4. And even then may still get there.

I know its crazy but we are 1 of 2 teams that could potentially beat Kentucky. The other being Duke. Maybe Wisky. I actually think we will beat Kentucky as Zeus can play down low and rebound with them and I think our wings and PG are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. So is our Coach. Wisky is the team that scares me. Well coached, good perimeter players and I keep having nightmares of Kaminsky looking like Nowitzki again.

Stanley and TJ have to own the tourney but now they have shown they can and I think they will. Love having a Senior PG, love our size inside and I think Johnson York and Pitts provide the outside fire power others claim we dont have.

Should be a special tourney. Lets get started already!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
And I didnt even bring up Rondae. Dude like MJ last night and his shot is looking nice. WATCH OUT EVERYONE.

TJ

Reaction score
Narrowly beating UCLA is unacceptable. Need to destroy them after Vegas last year.

Miller hates ucla more than any other team in the conference. He will have the boys ready. Added to the fact that they're bad and Game Day is in town, there's no reason UCLA should win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard