2012 St Louis Rams thread

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson's rushing totals the last seven games?
and 8 TD's
:shock:

Looks to me like teams haven't been able to stop him despite knowing what they're gonna get. Yikes.
Huge game for both teams.

I expect the Vikes to come out pretty strong, until Fisher once again makes some halftime adjustments that will ultimately put the game in Ponders hands vs our front 4. I'll take that matchup.

Bradford has been anemic in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs this season...but he's been pretty damn good in the 1st and 4th quarter...opening drive's and then getting the team in position to win late.

Amendola may be back fully healthy finally. The Vikes really miss Percy Harvin.

Should be a good one.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this season. Had little to no expectations going in, but this little win streak is making things interesting. Holding Peterson is key this week, but as pointed out... nobody can seem to do it. Just three more weeks and than another interesting offseason to follow. Would love to see the team finish above .500 with 1 of the wins needed coming in Seattle to finish unbeaten in the division and perhaps knock them out of the playoffs. Doesn't look like either 1st rounder will be too high, stupid Washington overachieving. Oh well... still another 1st added to the roster.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
7-8-1 (3-1-1) division
I'll take that after 10 combined wins over the last 3 seasons.

Wanted to beat Pete Carroll today,but at least they found themselves in a ballgame today and had to win it late in their house...so there's that.

Successful season i'd say,as long as it can carry over to 2013.
Go have another outstanding draft,solidify the OLine and i do believe it'll be playoffs time very soon.

I'm looking forward to Bradford playing under the same OC in consecutive seasons for the first time too...hopefully Shottenheimer stays. Steven Jackson will be the big story in the offseason. Is he done? Will he stay or will he go? I think he stays.

2-14 last year... Almost zero talent...won 7 games and almost went undefeated in a now tough division. Highest roster turnover among NFL teams in the offseason...Youngest team in the league.

Fisher gets my vote as Coach of the year...but i'm biased.
Se ya'll next year :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fisher did a great job with the Rams this year, but after watching Bradford look pedestrian at best for another season, I don't see how this team makes big strides forward until it's QB position is upgraded. Dude simply just doesn't look like he has "it" to me.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fisher did a great job with the Rams this year, but after watching Bradford look pedestrian at best for another season, I don't see how this team makes big strides forward until it's QB position is upgraded. Dude simply just doesn't look like he has "it" to me.
The "it" factor. I cant disagree with that. However,i do believe that the revolving door of OC's and offenses has played a role.Bradford did improve in a few areas this season. Most notably his deep ball accuracy and his pocket awareness. He still stares down WR's too much and IMO plays it too cautious when the time comes to take chances and make the more riskier throws. I believe that he's got one more year to elevate his game,with a 2nd season in the same offense,and if he remains an average QB the Rams will cut bait.

A little OT: Interesting to me that after all the dust has settled on Black Monday that many people dont realize(or have forgotten) that the Rams went without a DC this year. Its not a sure thing that Gregg Williams gets reinstated either.

The Rams may very well be in play here with everyone else in terms of bringing in a new DC. Its certainly become a more attractive job. The defense finished 15th overall i believe with a ton of upside.

I'll be very interested to see where Lovie Smith ends up. Obviously he'll be looking for a HC gig...but he has a history in St Louis.

Last edited:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Jaguars requested permission from Rams to interview OC Brian Schottenheimer for their HC job, per league source.

From Twitter

Not that I thought he did a fantastic job this season w/ regards to play calling, BUT man... if he leaves that will stick Bradford with another new system next season. Poor kid needs some continuity.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not that I thought he did a fantastic job this season w/ regards to play calling, BUT man... if he leaves that will stick Bradford with another new system next season. Poor kid needs some continuity.
Yeah i agree. I did read somewhere though that Fisher had stated that IF Shotty were to leave,that Fisher would only bring in an OC that ran the same offense.

I sure hope so.
I actually don't have too many gripes over Shotty's playcalling this past season. I thought it was fairly well balanced and the passing game was multi-dimensional for once...as opposed to 2010's Pat Shurmur's dink & dunk and 2011's JMacs seven step drop into a sack passing offense.There were games where the running game wasn't leaned on enough for sure,but rarely did Shotty give up on it.

Looks like Norv Turner is getting hired in Cleveland,that was a pipe dream anyway. I thonk Shotty will stay put for another year(fingers crossed).

I think the bigger story is the DC or lack thereof.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm hearing ex Cowboys DC Rob Ryan will be hired.
Ehhhh...idk about this hire. I'm not enamored with Rob Ryan's defenses in the slightest bit tbh. Ryan has been accosiated with the 3-4....and the Rams DO NOT have the personnel to run that. Robert Quinn would be intriguing as a pass rush OLB....but Brockers isnt a true NT.

We need better LB's as it is...in a 4-3 defense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/report-rams-hire-rob-ryan/

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ive always disliked the 49ers,Cowboys,Raiders...more recently Seattle and Pittsburgh. However, after the travashamockery and political farce that was SB36,spygate and the years that followed, i can say without a doubt and with no shame, that i am a NE Patriots hater.

This is the greatest gif i've ever laid my eyes upon.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I had hopes this wouldn't be the case, but... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8878336/rob-ryan-hired-st-louis-rams-defensive-coordinator-source

Not happy with this hire. Hope he shows more than he has to date. Jeez...

Love the gif above though!
Looks like the Rob Ryan hire was premature. Tbh im pretty ok with that.

“@mortreport: After another visit Monday, the Rams decided Rob Ryan won't be defensive coordinator. Rams coach Jeff Fisher: "It wasn't a scheme fit."”
Dick Jauron in the mix now?
Former Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Dick Jauron may not be unemployed for long.
According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the St. Louis Rams are expected to reach out to Jauron for their vacant defensive coordinator position.
The Rams seemed set on hiring former Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan before ultimately deciding he wasn’t a fit in St. Louis. Jauron was officially fired by the Browns on Monday despite the team already having hired his replacement in former Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Jauron spent the last two seasons with Cleveland as defensive coordinator.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...geting-dick-jauron-for-defensive-coordinator/

A better fit and could be a sleeper hire.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
just saw the video where Steven Jackson just said retirement is an option!

say it ain't so!

Makes me hate the Rams even more that they couldn't get this dude to the playoffs.:mad: