2012 St Louis Rams thread

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To hell with whomever decides the NFL TV distibution coverage. Lets see,im in Arizona,Arizona Cardinals are in the NFC West,AZ is on a bye,there is a head to head divisional matchup today....that would be StLou vs SF.....do we get that game? Of course not. We get the usual Cowboys,Broncos,Giants,Patriots,Bears garbage.

F you.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too many ups and downs in that game. This young team will hopefully learn from the many mistakes. Should get a win next week.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was worse: the delay of game penalty or the timeout on the two yard line without running clock so SF has time to get a FG to tie?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the delay of game was worse...
the rams make that field goal...and win...no tie..and im not left feeling like i kissed my sister.:mad:

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So we go toe to toe with the Niners in their backyard....then go home and get embarrased by the Jets. The Jets? The Jets!
You must be registered for see images

4-6-1 rhymes with DONE.

Time to look to next season. Load up again with our picks and the Washington pick. Need another good draft like last season.

The NY fricken Jets.
:thud:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, about the only positive I took from that game was that at least they didn't lose to the Jets with Tebow at QB. Redskins won too... just not a good football Sunday.

My late season prediction (whatever that's worth): Rams will finish 5-10-1 and the 'Skins 6-10.

There doesn't seem to be any receiver worthy of a top 10 pick in the next draft, must get a LT with one of those 1st round picks though.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how is that QB other than Robert Griffin III doing? Still 100% sure Bradford is the guy?

Don't mean to troll, just taking the temperature of what Mojo is thinking?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So how is that QB other than Robert Griffin III doing? Still 100% sure Bradford is the guy?

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather have Bradford than Griffin III. Rams concerns should be to improve the line and get a #1 receiver. Bradford will keep improving. Griffin III is good, but QB's that run that much tend to get beat up and are not nearly as productive a few years into their careers. Time will tell, but I'd rather have what Bradford brings with those extra picks than to have taken Griffin III and not have much around him.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather have Bradford than Griffin III. Rams concerns should be to improve the line and get a #1 receiver. Bradford will keep improving. Griffin III is good, but QB's that run that much tend to get beat up and are not nearly as productive a few years into their careers. Time will tell, but I'd rather have what Bradford brings with those extra picks than to have taken Griffin III and not have much around him.

where is this improvement from Bradford? He can beat the Cards now? Why doesn't Griffin get same benefit of the doubt that Bradford does?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:bang: :|

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I think he's overpaid(not his fault),is still having trouble reading defenses quickly,and needs to become more of an emotional leader on the field. My biggest concern is his lack of instincts at times.

I still believe that he can become a very good QB,maybe not an elite guy,but among the top 10 at some point. He's got the tools and can make all the throws. His deep ball accuracy has improved ten-fold from last season,and he's also improved his decision making when facing a heavy pass rush....which has been every week since his rookie season LOL.

I think inconsistency(3rd new offense in 3 years) has been a factor,and the lack of talent around him has been pretty bad.
The talent around him is getting better,but at some point Bradford needs to begin to elevate the players around him when things aren't going well.

He's actually having a pretty good season...but i would still rank him in the middle of the pack of current NFL starting QB's. He was decent his rookie year and awful last year so i'm fairly pleased with Sam I am the Ram in 2012. :)
---------------
At 3-0-1 in the division,the Rams will still have to catch Seattle record-wise to have any hopes of a wildcard berth. Tall order because we still have to go up there and beat them again in their house this time.
God i want to beat SF in the dome this week....

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bradford's career numbers...

16/16 games
60% completion
3,512 yrds
5.95 avg/completion
18 TD
15 INT
76.5 rating
7 wins

11/16 games
53.5% completion
2,164 yrds
6.06 avg/completion
6 TD
6 INT
70.5 rating
1 win(DNP when Rams beat New Orleans)

11/11 games
60.2% completion
2,447 yrds
7.01 avg/completion
14 TD
9 INT
84.1 rating
4 wins...and a tie < :D

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just realized that after posting about 5,000 words i didnt really answer your question :lol:

RGIII. I think mobile QB's are exciting and fun to watch(Griffin is special and IMO can be very special....for awhile) but ultimately i dont think his career will be filled with pro bowls and especially longevity.
I can only hope the kid takes care of his body for his sake.

I'm extremely satisfied with "the trade" at this point. Fisher is building something here finally,and this years rookie class has been pretty damn good.
WR Chris Givens is blossoming,RB Daryl Richardson has been solid,CB Janoris Jenkins is making plays,DT Brockers has played well(the run defense has improved) and the rookie kicking duo of Zuerlein and Hekker has been outstanding. The Rams past drafts have been garbage for the most part for 10 friggin years now beyond the 2nd rd.
I expect the next couple drafts to be impacting too. We may end up with two top 10's next season.

I'm giving Bradford a free pass this season with his 3rd offense in 3 years....but Sam needs to elevate his game and become special next season having played in a familiar offense he can grow into.

Btw,as talented as Griffin is...i think he's a little soft at this point. Mentally and physically. His sophmore season will tell me alot about his fortitude.
Griffin may get tougher...but one thing that most NFL fans outside of St Louis dont know is just how tough Sam Bradford is. Not Anquan Boldin tough(LOL) but as tough as any QB out there today IMO.

Last edited:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
That kicker is a stud. Best since Jeff Wilkens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison