Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams to open at home on 9/11 vs the Philadelphia Eagles

"When i left you i was but the learner,now I AM THE MASTER."
You must be registered for see images

"Only a master of defense Spags.":jedi:
Spags would sound cooler, if he said "student" instead of "learner". :)

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Draft day is here...finally! :)

Sticking at #14
1) Robert Quinn. No way he slides this far but Rams would HAVE TO make this pick if he did.

2) Julio Jones. Yes,i'm picking Quinn over Jones(easily). I don't think Julio makes it past Washington.

3) Aldon Smith. We need pass rushers....i like the idea of Spags/Flajole coaching this kid up.

4) Corey Liuget. I believe in his skills at the next level and much like Aldon Smith,i like the idea of this guy in Spags system.

5) Mark Ingram. I'm still sold on him being heads and shoulders better than the other RB's in this draft. I haven't bought into the BS.

Trading down
1) Danny Watkins(my number one trade down target)
2) Mike Pouncey
3) Mikel LeShoure(with an extra pick in a trade down i'd jump on this)
4) Da'Quan Bowers(unlikely but a helluva coup)
5) Steven Paea

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Draft day is here...finally! :)

Sticking at #14
1) Robert Quinn. No way he slides this far but Rams would HAVE TO make this pick if he did.

2) Julio Jones. Yes,i'm picking Quinn over Jones(easily). I don't think Julio makes it past Washington.

3) Aldon Smith. We need pass rushers....i like the idea of Spags/Flajole coaching this kid up.

4) Corey Liuget. I believe in his skills at the next level and much like Aldon Smith,i like the idea of this guy in Spags system.

5) Mark Ingram. I'm still sold on him being heads and shoulders better than the other RB's in this draft. I haven't bought into the BS.
Unbelievable pick. Quinn at #14 is draft day robbery.
Rams nation is in a celebration.....SING IT!

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the 2nd rd at #47 the Rams pick TE Lance Kendricks...

AWFUL pick. Just terrible. Reach.....bad pick....little need....many better players available. DT Stephen Paea and RB Mikel LeShoure was there........

AWFUL pick.....good Lord.
Could be a nice offensive weapon...but at #47 overall?!

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unbelievable pick. Quinn at #14 is draft day robbery.
Rams nation is in a celebration.....SING IT!
:biglaugh:That was one of the guys I didn't want. He was one of the biggest reasons I didn't want to trade back. Whatever you gotta tell yourself though, as a fan , can be respected. Losing to the Chickens to miss the playoffs, and getting "Quinn" as a reward is music to my ears. Silence of the Lambs is what I expect to hear this year in the playoffs. Good luck with that first game.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:biglaugh:That was one of the guys I didn't want. He was one of the biggest reasons I didn't want to trade back. Whatever you gotta tell yourself though, as a fan , can be respected. Losing to the Chickens to miss the playoffs, and getting "Quinn" as a reward is music to my ears. Silence of the Lambs is what I expect to hear this year in the playoffs. Good luck with that first game.
Quinn is going to be a beast. Sure he hasn't played in a year....but there's this other guy we drafted last year(who had medical concerns)that sat out his final year too,and he did ok.....you might have heard of him...Sam Bradford.:)

I'm looking forward to watching you guys try to block our front four next season. Getting a quick release QB like Bulger might be a good idea bro ;).

Eagles will be tough. Sched in general is tough but i like that. We might go 7-9 again w/this sched and it'd be an improvement.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lets get it on!

FA wish list

-DT Barry Cofield
I think this gets done. Proven depth is needed here behind the older Fred Robbins who stepped in last season and admirably spearheaded the improved run defense. The Spags/NY connection will likely give us the upper hand in negotiations.

-RB Darren Sproles
Steven Jackson needs a legit backup RB. Sproles is NOT that guy however. Sproles is an offensive weapon on 3rd down and on special teams in the return game. A perfect compliment to SJ39 and a much needed weapon for Bradford and the Josh McDaniels offense.

-OG David Baas
Possibly the weakest position on the offense last season. Jacob Bell is an overpaid undersized finesse guy and Adam Goldberg is not starter material. Both LG and RG need to be upgraded,but we could probably get by another season with Bell at LG. Goldberg (despite his intelligence and lockerroom leadership) must be replaced ASAP. Baas would be a fantastic signing.

-WR Mark Clayton
I dont think the Rams need to make a big splash in FA at WR. McDaniels will find a way with Bradford to outscheme the defenses in the division IMO....its what he does. Weapons are needed yes,but returning from injury are Donnie Avery,and Clayton if signed. Clayton and Bradford connected beautifully and showed tremendous chemistry early last season. Amendola is a little stud,and Danario Alexander has unlimited potential if his knee holds up(BIG question mark there). Add in draft picks Greg Salas,Austin Pettis and Lance Kendricks and there will be bigger,sure-handed targets for Bradford to throw to.....especially in the red zone.

-SS/DB Quintin Mikell
A weakness on defense along with OLB. I dont think the Rams will address OLB this season(they might move DE George Selvie back there)....and instead will look to upgrade the safety position by getting a thumper in there that can also cover some ground in space and cover. Craig Dahl would provide solid depth here.

A wish list indeed....i believe that Cofield and Clayton are already a done deal.

Sproles is the guy we desperately need to give our offense an added dimension thats severely lacking.
The interior offensive line must be upgraded to improve the short yardage run game and to help center Jason Brown defend the pass rush.

I'm ready for some football :)

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good offseason i think. Not great...but good. Staying the course of bringing in quality talent and high character people for the most part.

Really would have liked Sproles in Horns but we settled for the bargain version in Jerrious Norwood.
I think the biggest aquisition's will prove to be OG Harvey Dahl(who isn't being talked about enough) and DB Quintin Mikell in FA...and WR Greg Salas in the draft.

One also cant discount the addition of OC Josh McDaniels though...which will change the dynamic of last years pedestrian offensive attack.

I think the defense will be a force to be reckoned with(not just within the division either)....and the offense will struggle early,then Bradford will Yoda his way into a rythmn mid-season and begin to feel more comfortable.

Brutal schedule...but that goes for ALL teams in the NFC West. I like the Rams to win the division at 9-7 with the Seacocks close behind at 8-8...and AZ improves to 7-9.
I think SF takes a step back and prepares for a "Lucky" retool.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brutal schedule...but that goes for ALL teams in the NFC West. I like the Cards to win the division at 9-7 with the Lambs close behind at 8-8...and Seattle stays at 7-9.
I think SF takes a step back and prepares for a "Lucky" retool.
ftfy...

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I see SEA regressing this year.

9ers - who knows? New coach, some additional threats, but same QB.

Rams should continue their upward trajectory.

Cards - my opinion doesn't count, I'm a darksider. :)

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cute Linderbee. Well done. :)

How are the Cards going to win this division?
Kolb throwing to Fitz 19 times a game? Nope.
Is Whiz going to suddenly lean on the running game now that he's finally hand-picked his starting QB? I doubt it....still waiting for that approach despite drafting a stable of quality RB's year after year....

Whats the offensive direction in AZ Cardinals football?

Is your defense as strong as it was 3 years ago when you sniffed the Lombardi? Nope.

A balanced attack would be smart...where's that been?

Cards finish 3rd in the division but improve offensively and overall from 5-11 last season simply due to a decent QB and a great WR.

Gotta fix that defense.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cute Linderbee. Well done. :)

How are the Cards going to win this division?
Kolb throwing to Fitz 19 times a game? Nope.
Is Whiz going to suddenly lean on the running game now that he's finally hand-picked his starting QB? I doubt it....still waiting for that approach despite drafting a stable of quality RB's year after year....

Whats the offensive direction in AZ Cardinals football?

Is your defense as strong as it was 3 years ago when you sniffed the Lombardi? Nope.

A balanced attack would be smart...where's that been?

Cards finish 3rd in the division but improve offensively and overall from 5-11 last season simply due to a decent QB and a great WR.

Gotta fix that defense.
Hey, I gotta dream! :)

I'm not afraid of SEA or SF. I truly think it's going to be a toss up between ARZ & STL.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams opened up a PRE-SEASON can o

33-10 vs the Payton Manningless Colts....still,not too bad for the 1st game under a new offense. I'll take that as a positive sign. OLine looked VERY good in both protection and the running game....something that i didnt expect to be honest....:D

Looks like my draft day bitching about 2nd rd pick TE Lance Kendricks was ill-informed and quite stupid....

The dude's had a good camp and carried that into in tonights gm. (5 rec 47 yrds and a TD from Bradford).

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rams - 8-9 Wins
Cards - 8-9 Wins

Both teams are talented; yet, have question marks in several areas.

Bradford has to learn a new offense in his 2nd year, which means in 3 years he has been in 3 different offenses. Plus, STL's defense is suspect.

Cards obviously are breaking in a new QB, and have to expedite the process. Defense might struggle learning a new system. Our OTs are a sore spot on the team.

STL needs to consider that their opening schedule is brutal. At least they get WAS Week 4, but afterward, the defending champs. Cards start the season with 4 out of 5 teams which had losing records last year.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams - 8-9 Wins
Cards - 8-9 Wins

Both teams are talented; yet, have question marks in several areas.

Bradford has to learn a new offense in his 2nd year, which means in 3 years he has been in 3 different offenses. Plus, STL's defense is suspect.

Cards obviously are breaking in a new QB, and have to expedite the process. Defense might struggle learning a new system. Our OTs are a sore spot on the team.

STL needs to consider that their opening schedule is brutal. At least they get WAS Week 4, but afterward, the defending champs. Cards start the season with 4 out of 5 teams which had losing records last year.
I agree that learning a new offense is going to be an issue for Bradford...and there's still not enough weapons offensively(WR's).
I do fear that the offense will struugle early and often until maybe week 7 or 8.

The Rams 1st half schedule is definately brutal,but i'd prefer it that way.
Philly
@ NY Giants
Baltimore
Washington
bye
@Green Bay
@ Dallas
New Orleans

The 2nd half schedule is easier IMO and thats an advantage.
@AZ
@ Cleveland
Seattle
AZ
@ SF
@ Seattle
Cincinnatti
@ Pittsburgh
SF

I completely disagree about your comment on the defense being suspect.
It will be the strength of this team(again)...except it will be better than last year. Most people dont realize that they ranked 19th in total D last season. I dont think its too crazy to predict that Spags' defense finishes near the top 10 this season. Depth has improved at DLine and LB....and for many key guys this is year 3 in Spags system.

I'm not saying this to be an ass TJ...but i just think its very possible that Arizona's defense might be the worst in this division in 2011. It appeared to me that your defense quit last season. Then again,ya'll did hire a new DC so thats good. How are you guys going to generate a pass rush?

I just dont see AZ finishing ahead of St Lou or Seattle.
We will have the best QB and the best defense in the division....to me thats going to be enough. Thats my argument and i'm sticking too it...LOL :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I agree that learning a new offense is going to be an issue for Bradford...and there's still not enough weapons offensively(WR's).
I do fear that the offense will struugle early and often until maybe week 7 or 8.

The Rams 1st half schedule is definately brutal,but i'd prefer it that way.
Philly
@ NY Giants
Baltimore
Washington
bye
@Green Bay
@ Dallas
New Orleans

The 2nd half schedule is easier IMO and thats an advantage.
@AZ
@ Cleveland
Seattle
AZ
@ SF
@ Seattle
Cincinnatti
@ Pittsburgh
SF

I completely disagree about your comment on the defense being suspect.
It will be the strength of this team(again)...except it will be better than last year. Most people dont realize that they ranked 19th in total D last season. I dont think its too crazy to predict that Spags' defense finishes near the top 10 this season. Depth has improved at DLine and LB....and for many key guys this is year 3 in Spags system.

I'm not saying this to be an ass TJ...but i just think its very possible that Arizona's defense might be the worst in this division in 2011. It appeared to me that your defense quit last season. Then again,ya'll did hire a new DC so thats good. How are you guys going to generate a pass rush?

I just dont see AZ finishing ahead of St Lou or Seattle.
We will have the best QB and the best defense in the division....to me thats going to be enough. Thats my argument and i'm sticking too it...LOL :D

Here's the thing. You said you'd rather get the tough games out of the way. But what about for a team, especially offense, that has a learning curve ahead of them? How are you going to adjust when the team in front of you has already built chemistry, continuity, and talent?

Conversely, when you have a learning curve, it is easier to do it playing against second and third-tier teams. Kolb has to familiarize himself with the offense. He needs to understand the tendencies of his receivers. This may not be as tough as most people think because one of his assets is he's a hard worker and puts an incessant amount of time preparing and learning. With the benefit of playing teams like Carolina, Washington and Seattle out the gate, it makes that process much easier than to do it against Philly and Green Bay.

Ideally, you want to get your toughest opponents out of the way, but in your case, it can be your demise if a young team starts self doubting after going 1-4 or 2-3 their first 5 games.

As for our defense: it is way too early to put a fork in us and call us the worst. As a matter of fact, I'll take the talent on our defense over St. Louis any day. The only difference is your team had guidance last year. We had Billy Davis, who executed some of the worst schemes of any DC to grace that position. He was also a poor leader of men. I have to imagine he wasn't well respected. Last season, our team was a sum of parts, not a whole. Like you said, our defense quit last season. AW went public about how ineffective the play calling was. DRC complained. So did others. Now that we have Ray Horton in charge, we have a breath of fresh air. He brings with him the Steeler playbook, leadership, and mental toughness. It helps that he played in the league for several years and has been under the Steeler umbrella for a while.

That being said, if Horton can get the team to buy into the system and play 100% every down, our defense will be fine (which includes the pass rush you mentioned).

I know you disagree with about everything I said, so I feel we will be having this discussion often through the season :p

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's the thing. You said you'd rather get the tough games out of the way. But what about for a team, especially offense, that has a learning curve ahead of them? How are you going to adjust when the team in front of you has already built chemistry, continuity, and talent?
its going to be difficult...i grant that....brutal early stretch TJ.
Eagles,Giants, Ravens in 3 weeks.....oh my...we'll struggle and get 1 of those wins along with a TON of "thrown into the fire see where you need to get to" experience as a team. Priceless as an up and coming middle of the pack NFL team to only be 1-2 in a crappy division.

Conversely, when you have a learning curve, it is easier to do it playing against second and third-tier teams.
Its easier to feel good and secure about yourself yeah.....if you can beat up on some weaker or uncertain teams early.(see Cardinals last season).......worst 3-2 team in the history of 3-2.

Kolb has to familiarize himself with the offense. He needs to understand the tendencies of his receivers. This may not be as tough as most people think because one of his assets is he's a hard worker and puts an incessant amount of time preparing and learning. With the benefit of playing teams like Carolina, Washington and Seattle out the gate, it makes that process much easier than to do it against Philly and Green Bay.
I get that and i agree to a certain extent that getting Kolb comfy early is important....but lets be honest....this division is still pretty weak as a whole,the Rams will be tested early....and likely take it on the chin early....but there is no better way for a young offensive team to mature and bond than to face a few pretty stout defenses right out of the gate.
^
IMO

The rest of the NFC West and the 2nd half cupcake schedule will be music to their ears in relative terms. Bradford's gonna **** up.....he's struggling a bit in camp & preseason....but thats because he's a cerebral young QB who thrives on reps and film to get better.

The offense will struggle early though TJ (IMO). The WR's are either journeymen #2's or injury-prone speed guys with potential. Look for Josh McDaniels to get the RB's more involved in the short passing game.....Jackson,Cadillac Williams and Jerrious Norwood...and TE Kendricks to open up the seams and stress the opposing LB's. . If Bradford can find a WR that he trusts to get behind coverage its all over and the offense will be very good........i doubt that he'll find that this season however :/

:D I'm so confident in our defense however that i'm willing to take an avatar bet that the St Louis Rams finish with the top rated defense in the division.....easily.

Chris Long
Fred Robbins
James Hall
Robert Quinn

^
...front 4 facing 3rd and long vs QB's Kolb,Alex Smith and Tavaris Jackson? With Laurinaitis in the middle? Best pass rushing front four in the division. Just chuck n duck.....(hint....run outside on our slow,weak OLB's)

Just nasty up front....QB killers in Spags' scheme.

Ya'lll gonna have to play some mighty defense to beat us. TJ....i just dont see that happening......AZ has no pass rush
Any takers? :)

Ideally, you want to get your toughest opponents out of the way, but in your case, it can be your demise if a young team starts self doubting after going 1-4 or 2-3 their first 5 games.
Self doubting. Yeah the Cardinals defense mastered that thought process last season because the offense was terrible...and they quit. Head coaching.

As for our defense: it is way too early to put a fork in us and call us the worst. As a matter of fact, I'll take the talent on our defense over St. Louis any day. The only difference is your team had guidance last year.
Come on....the difference is we've got a legit defensive-minded coach who has a track record and gets results defensively. This is your weakest argument my friend....the Rams D has grown leaps and bounds in just 2 short seasons....its amazing to me that some NFL people and fans haven't seen this transformation....even with limited talent at OLB and deep safety.

We had Billy Davis, who executed some of the worst schemes of any DC to grace that position. He was also a poor leader of men. I have to imagine he wasn't well respected. Last season, our team was a sum of parts, not a whole. Like you said, our defense quit last season. AW went public about how ineffective the play calling was. DRC complained. So did others. Now that we have Ray Horton in charge, we have a breath of fresh air. He brings with him the Steeler playbook, leadership, and mental toughness. It helps that he played in the league for several years and has been under the Steeler umbrella for a while.

That being said, if Horton can get the team to buy into the system and play 100% every down, our defense will be fine (which includes the pass rush you mentioned).
I
dont think you have the players to run the 3-4 scheme defensively. Rams and Cards both need an injection of blue chip linebackers outside but the difference is we've got a stud in the middle in JL.
4-3 vs 3-4....doesnt matter in terms of talent.

I know you disagree with about everything I said, so I feel we will be having this discussion often through the season :p
I dont disagree with you and your take on the Cards possibilities offensively....i just think ya'll are gonna struggle stuffing the run.....and head-to-head the Rams front four is gonna pick apart the NFC West OLines....

I look forward to the NFC West matchups this season.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/09/01/ten-reasons-to-really-like-the-rams

Before anybody gets too carried away about the Rams' perfect preseason record, all one has to do is look back a year ago at this time at the way the division-rival 49ers were knocking off opponents left and right.
See where I'm going here?
After posting a perfect 4-0 record in the games that didn't really count in 2010, Mike Singletary's Niners quickly began to unravel in stunningly embarrassing fashion in Week One, falling hideously short both physically and mentally in a 31-6 meltdown in Seattle that set the stage for a season that couldn't have been more disappointing.
Something tells me, though, that it would be a really big shock if the Rams were to follow in the Niners' footsteps and struggle mightily to muster up a winning record in 2011.
The way I see it, this is a team that could be worthy of racking up double-digit wins even if it wasn't in the NFC West, where it once again seems quite possible the division winner could finish with a sub-.500 record.
That the rest of teams in the NFC West don't appear to be nearly as strong as the Rams obviously bodes well for St. Louis' future this season.
But let's forget for a few moments the rest of the NFC West — which shouldn't be real difficult to do at all — and take a closer look at 10 reasons why I can see a 10-6 record and a division title for the Rams in 2011:

1. The starting quarterback: While I must admit that Kevin Kolb continues to grow on me in Arizona, Sam Bradford gives the Rams far and away the NFC West's most solid situation under center. Bradford exceeded expectations by a wide margin in his rookie campaign, and I see nothing but steady progress for him moving forward. Bradford has made it clear, along with many of his teammates, how excited he is about an offensive scheme that is expected to be a great deal more wide open under new coordinator Josh McDaniels. Bradford seems to have gone out of his way to get a quick grip on the scheme's numerous nuances and is demonstrating strong leadership skills worthy of a savvy veteran in only his second season at the pro level.

2. The starting running back — and his new friends in the backfield: You can't ask for a more dependable offensive workhorse than Steven Jackson, who is coming off his third Pro Bowl berth and showing signs of filling a more well-rounded role this season under McDaniels. In 2006, Jackson was an All-World, all-purpose performer, rushing 346 times for 1,528 yards and 13 TDs and catching 90 passes for 806 yards and three TDs. While Jackson does not figure to come close to registering those kind of receiving numbers this season, 50 catches for 500-600 yards is a realistic projection in McDaniels' offense. And let's not forget to say hello to Jackson's not-so-little new friends in the backfield — free-agent additions Cadillac Williams and Jerious Norwood. Both Williams and Norwood are proven veteran commodities who should provide quality depth behind Jackson for the first time in years.

3. The ultradependable slot machine: A poor man's version of New England's Wes Welker, Danny Amendola quietly has emerged as one of the league's most productive third-down receivers. Team insiders tell me it took no time at all for McDaniels to fall head over heels for Amendola, who enhances his value to the team with his kick-return skills. Amendola led the league in all-purpose yardage with 2,364 yards and was the only player in the league last season to lead his team in punt-return, kickoff-return and receiving yardage.

4. The underrated left tackle: Nobody expected 2010 second-round rookie Rodger Saffold to step right in as a rookie last season and do as good a job as he did protecting Bradford's blind side. A quick study with good leverage and excellent feet, Saffold looks like he could be a fixture as the Rams' left tackle for a long time to come.

5. The new starting right guard: After a relatively slow start in free agency this season, the Rams made up for lost time with 11 signings in a hectic 10-day span, including five projected starters. The most popular free-agent addition is ex-Falcon Harvey Dahl, who provides a major upgrade in the Rams' interior line with his rugged run-blocking skills and natural nasty streak, which the team hopes will be contagious, especially when it comes to starting ORT Jason Smith.

6. The workaholic middle linebacker: Entering his third season, James Laurinaitis has become the brains of the defense, demonstrating a 24/7 work ethic and considerable improvement in his coverage skills last season. Could a team have had better back-to-back second-round draft picks than Laurinaitis and Saffold? I think not.

7. Better depth on the defensive line: A D-line that made major strides last season with the addition of veteran ex-Giant Fred Robbins and the decision to keep former first-round draft pick Chris Long solely on the left edge looks even stronger this season. Start with first-round DE Robert Quinn, who is coming off a strong preseason effort against the Chiefs, registering his first sack and blocking a 21-yard field-goal attempt. Add free-agent additions Justin Bannan, the likely new starter inside next to Robbins, and Daniel Muir, who had his share of success with the Colts, at defensive tackle, and you get an impressive blend of youth and experience up front.

8. Much better depth at linebacker: With the veteran free-agent additions of Brady Poppinga, Ben Leber and Zac Diles, it's like night and day compared to 2010, when no less than four different players made starts on the weak side. Poppinga, who wasted no time making his mark with his balls-to-the-wall intensity, takes over on the strong side for Na'il Diggs, a decent player for the Rams last season whose release earlier this week attests to the unit's improved manpower.

9. The new starting free safety: It remains to be seen whether Quintin Mikell can do as good a job as O.J. Atogwe did before moving on to the Redskins. But the ex-Eagle is smart, steady and durable (only five missed games in his eight-year career), and he knows Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo's defensive system like the back of his hand. Spagnuolo was Mikell's DB coach during Mikell's rookie year in 2003, and word is Spags is feeling increasingly confident about his new last line of defense.

10. Kickers who put their best feet forward: A contending team needs to have its act together in all three facets of the game — offense, defense and special teams. In PK Josh Brown, who has a cannon for a leg and is unrivaled in terms of long-distance three-pointers, and steady P Donnie Jones, the Rams have as solid a kicking combo as there is in the league.
I agree with most of this ^

Dfence: My concerns still lie with our lack of talent and speed at the edges(OLB's) and a lack of any real depth in the secondary on defense(CB's). However our DLine and pass rush will be understimated and ferrocious at times...book it. :)

WR's: Alot of talk about Danny Amendola...love the kid,tough as nails but i dont really consider him much of a weapon as a WR. Good to see Mark Clayton re-signed at WR...not sure if he's ready to contribute though,if he is that will make life a helluva lot easier for Sims-Walker on the other side.

Tight End Lance Kendricks is gonna have to have a monster rookie year and Sims-Walker is going to have to step up if Sam's going to be able to open up the passing game. I really like Brandon Gibson(good run blocker on the outside and fights for YAC) and he's durable but he's JAG. Rookie Greg Salas has had a good camp and he'll help in the red zone with his size and good hands. Backup TE "Illinois" Mike Hoomanuwanui is a stud if he can keep his ankles healthy.

Donnie Avery will get hurt(again) the first time he goes over the middle....just cut or trade this guy already!
Last years 4th rd pick Mardy Gilyard has done very little to warrant a roster spot. Danario Alexander is another guy who needs to be let go.I dont care about his potential...his knee is shot and he's unreliable.
Rookie 3rd rd pick Austin Pettis has done nothing in preseason...

I'm thinking the Rams will keep 7 WR's
MSW
Gibson
Amendola
Clayton
Salas
Avery
Pettis(practice squad)

And keep 3 TE's
Kendricks
Hoomanuwanui
Bajema

And 4 RB's
SJ
C.Williams
J.Norwood
K.Toston

IM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!:D
I'm also ready to stick it to the EAGLES in our house week 1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Donnie Avery will get hurt(again) the first time he goes over the middle....just cut or trade this guy already!
Last years 4th rd pick Mardy Gilyard has done very little to warrant a roster spot.
See ya!
Thank you Billy Devaney.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like to evaluate a 16 game season and schedule by dividing it into 4 quarters(4 games at a time).

Rams have:
vs Philadelphia
@ NY Giants
vs Baltimore
vs Washington

Gotta go 2-2 there....beat Washington at the dome and steal one of the other 3 games. I like our chances at home vs Baltimore actually.
--------------> 2-2

Bye week
@ Green Bay
@ Dallas
vs New Orleans
@ Arizona

Again...got to go 2-2 here. Have to beat AZ most importantly though...
although going 1-3 with a divisional victory would be considered escaping IMO. This four game stretch will prove how much talent & fight this team has IMO...the good news is they'll likely be well rested after the early bye,but going to Lambeau Field and then traveling to Dallas....and then back to the dome to face the Saints....and then traveling from Missouri to AZ for a big division game will be BRUTAL.
---------------> 4-4

@ Cleveland
vs Seattle
vs Arizona
@ San Francisco

Goal should be to get 3 of 4 here. A couple divisional wins and one divisional loss.... and beat up on Cleveland.
3-1
---------------> 7-5

@ Seattle
vs Cincinnati
@ Pittsburgh
vs San Francisco

Have to either beat Seattle or SF....and take care of business at home vs the Bengals. 2-2
-----------------> 9-7

Rams finish 9-7 and win the division by a game over Arizona. 5-1 in divisional gm's.(lose @ Seattle)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave