Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not the best injury updates for the Rams from coach Steve Spagnuolo...Info to follow...
--
Good news first: QB Sam Bradford's right index finger is bruised. He'll be monitored this week but no nerve damage, nothing broken.
--
RB Steven Jackson does have a strained quadriceps. He's likely out this week but will be watched on a day to day basis.
--
The shocker? CB Ron Bartell's injury worse than feared. Spagnuolo said there were a couple of small fractures in his neck.
--
Bartell's injury is considered serious and could cause him to miss "extended time" and possibly the whole season per Spagnuolo.
--
WR Danny Amendola is having MRI right now. Possible he might not need surgery but no determination on his status yet.
--
Amendola will likely miss this week at least, whether or not he needs surgery.
--
OT Jason Smith's ankle sprain is NOT a high ankle sprain. He's day to day and could potentially play this week.
--
CB Bradley Fletcher has a sprained toe. He will be day to day. DE C.J. Ah You has wrist injury but could put in brace and play this week.
--
Finally, TE Michael Hoomanawanui is expected to return to practice this week coming off his calf injury.
--
Spagnuolo acknowledged it was by far the longest injury report from a single game of his time here. Probably involved the most key names too.
On the bright side: As of right now, the Bartell injury is the only one that seems to have long term implications. Amendola could as well.
--
But Bradford, Jackson, Smith, Fletcher, Ah You should all be either ready this week or within a couple, three weeks.
--
Spagnuolo also acknowledged that moves would have to be made on the roster. Obviously, at least one cornerback will be top priority.
@STLouisRams

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to see Bradford hurt. Hope it's not very serious or season long kind of thing. Amendola injury doesn't look good.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gotta go into NY tomorrow night and get that 1st win.
The rest of the division lost...and our schedule only gets tougher in the weeks ahead.(Baltimore,Washington, @ Green Bay)

Rams should be able to get to Eli Manning and rough him up a bit.
Bradford needs to get going offensively and start making more progressive reads downfield(enough of the Pat Shurmur-automatic-checkdown BS)...and our WR's need to learn how to catch the damn ball!

Very concerned with our starting CB's. Bartell is OUT, Fletcher is nursing a bad toe/foot. Justin King is awful and Al Harris is old.

I anticipate a helluva lot of blitzing.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Too many boneheaded mistakes...thats the bottom line.

On the positive side the defense is clearly superior to anything the rest of the division can bring to the table.

Not impressed with Spags inability to calm his guys down after the early miscues.

On to Baltimore next week.....ugghhh......can we just get into the divisional games already? LOL

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
37-7 Ravens offered up a beatdown.
Yep,we suck....but so does the rest of the division(and they havent played anybody).... so we're still in this!
lmao

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
37-7 Ravens offered up a beatdown.
Yep,we suck....but so does the rest of the division(and they havent played anybody).... so we're still in this!
lmao

We won't know if you really suck until you play the Seahawks. If they beat you, you suck:D

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We won't know if you really suck until you play the Seahawks. If they beat you, you suck:D
Lol right? :D

I'm pretty sure we suck though...the run D has taken a step backwards,our OLine is awful and Bradford's running for his life at this point.
:bang:
We've got some key injuries(SJ/Amendola/Bartell) but so do alot of other teams...

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So is this what Spagnuolo meant by the Four Pillars?
You must be registered for see images attach

Rams are now firmly seated at the back of the shortbus division....:sad:

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams @ Green Bay today.

Oh my. This will get ugly...
CB's Bartell,Fletcher and Murphy are all on IR(our best three corners).
Our safety's cant cover anyway...except for Q.Mikell.

vs Aaron Rodgers and those recievers? Bwahahahahahah!:biglaugh:> :sad:
Our only chance is Ye Olde Ball Possesion Keep Away thing.
Its too bad our OLine cant block anybody.
THIS may be the game where Bradford lands himself on IR himself.
@%&*!

By the time the Rams finally get to the divisional games,the Cardinals will likely be facing A.J. Feeley at QB.........and a decrepid Rams "team" that is 0-7.

Extremely disappointed in this team. They should be 2-2 and heading into Lambeau Field excited and stupidly confident after preparing for 2 weeks. Instead they're a mess. Penalties,dropped passes,defensive regression,key injuries,a battered QB....ughh.:bang:

*:) I'm a good guy though,my brother-in-law is a born and raised Cheesehead and i invited him over to watch the game because he doesn't have Sunday ticket. He'd better behave though or i'll have to kick his arse back to Queen Creek so he can mow my sister's lawn. :D

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thoughts on B Lloyd?
I dont think its a move that will instantly pump some life into this lifeless offense,but i'm glad this extremely conservative regime decided to pull the trigger on this type of deal. Lloyd can be a playmaker and we currently have none so you've got to like that. LOL

Only gave up a 6th(a potential 5th given Lloyd puts up some numbers i'm told).....so it wasnt an expensive deal. Our GM cant draft beyond rd 2 anyway so we basically got a starting quality WR with experience who can catch the football. I emphasize "can catch the football." Our guys cant do that. Last i checked our recievers lead the league in drops.

Bradford's got a bum ankle now and our OLine is still a mess so we'll see how much Lloyd can help out.

Congrats on your Niners being 5-1 now. I wouldn't have guessed that ANY of the division teams would be sitting at 5-1 at this point. Harbaugh seems to have really turned it around early. I guess all that talk about SF sucking for luck was BS wasn't it? :lol:

I think St Lou is headed for the cellar and will be picking top 3 in next years draft. Key injuries and lack of playmakers on offense has destroyed the Rams depth and explosiveness. IMO Bradford will be knocked out and sidelined by the time they head to AZ in a few weeks at 0-7.

Not good times. :sad:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont think its a move that will instantly pump some life into this lifeless offense,but i'm glad this extremely conservative regime decided to pull the trigger on this type of deal. Lloyd can be a playmaker and we currently have none so you've got to like that. LOL

Only gave up a 6th(a potential 5th given Lloyd puts up some numbers i'm told).....so it wasnt an expensive deal. Our GM cant draft beyond rd 2 anyway so we basically got a starting quality WR with experience who can catch the football. I emphasize "can catch the football." Our guys cant do that. Last i checked our recievers lead the league in drops.

Bradford's got a bum ankle now and our OLine is still a mess so we'll see how much Lloyd can help out.
Minus the attitude..I like Lloyd.
He'll good again in Josh McDaniels offense again.

Congrats on your Niners being 5-1 now. I wouldn't have guessed that ANY of the division teams would be sitting at 5-1 at this point. Harbaugh seems to have really turned it around early. I guess all that talk about SF sucking for luck was BS wasn't it? :lol:
I'm spechless...I never thought that Harbaugh could turn the 49ers around so quick.

I think St Lou is headed for the cellar and will be picking top 3 in next years draft. Key injuries and lack of playmakers on offense has destroyed the Rams depth and explosiveness. IMO Bradford will be knocked out and sidelined by the time they head to AZ in a few weeks at 0-7.

Not good times. :sad:
On the flipside...what a weapon Blackmon would be for Sam Bradford!:shock:

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok so here we are at 1-6 and FINALLY entering divisional play.
Here's your latest scouting report Arizona. Funny...somebody went and cut out all of the Saints highlights ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Who would have thought that by Week 11, the Cards and Rams would be at the bottom of the division?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson