2011 Diamondbacks Thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is Heilman still on this team? He is horrible.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Unless the Dbacks clinch by July, he will be upset, because Chip Hale is not the manager.
Hey, thanks for thinking for me. :)

Actually, Gibby's temperment and Hale's are similar. At the time, Hale had the managerial experience (with proven results) and Kirk did not.

Someone posted recently that people who know Hale say he can act like an a$$hole. In that case, go, Gibby!

azsportsfan01 said:
It seems like you have a problem with Gibby. Most managers wait too long to make changes and continually change lineups. It is not limited to just Arizona. Take a look around the majors and you will see the same thing.

I don't root for "most managers". I root for our Manager, whom I happen to like, by the way. I wish it wouldn't have taken Gibby so long into the season to react to indecision at 1B and 3B.

You're right. That is "a" problem I've had with him as a fan. "A" problem. That is one of the reason this board exists -- to discuss problems. Our record for too much of the season was indeed a problem.

'Sure enjoying the change.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a game!!!! Down by a run with a runner on third and one out.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Heilman HAS to be designated right?!?

has to be... There is no point having a "reliever" who has a 9 ERA, and can get anyone out to save his life... he is just awful..

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Heilman HAS to be designated right?!?

has to be... There is no point having a "reliever" who has a 9 ERA, and can get anyone out to save his life... he is just awful..

Yeah, its beyond frustrating, not even funny. They have to release him NOW!

He's totally useless, if they don't have someone better in the minors somewhere then they have the weakest farm system in baseball.

Literally its like the guy's throwing BP.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
So, I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but both Sportscenter and our local radio have said that the DBacks have interest in Kerry Wood. It would be slightly disappointing if it was our only move. However, we do desperately need that 7th inning reliever as we saw how weak the bullpen could look last night. Wood has pitched well recently and we can get him cheap. I think that would be enough of a boost to at least get us ahead of the Giants.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love watching Kerry Wood pitch. All kinds of great stuff. But if he's available it's because his management thinks he's overdue for yet another injury. He would still be a major improvement in the bullpen.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What a waste of a great effort from Hudson tonight... Hernandez was awful for the first time really all season.
Hudson continues to impress with 7k's, 1 walk and 3 hits in 7 innings. Kelly Johnson remains on fire and Miranda doing his best to make a believer out of me!

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
What a waste of a great effort from Hudson tonight... Hernandez was awful for the first time really all season.
Hudson continues to impress with 7k's, 1 walk and 3 hits in 7 innings. Kelly Johnson remains on fire and Miranda doing his best to make a believer out of me!

Trammell showed why he is no longer a manager today. He left Hernandez in there way too long. He is great as a bench coach but not the top guy.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I absolutely love watching Kerry Wood pitch. All kinds of great stuff. But if he's available it's because his management thinks he's overdue for yet another injury. He would still be a major improvement in the bullpen.
Haha, probably, but I believe he's a free agent after this year, and the Cubs are pitiful. That team will be blown up this off-season. They might as well get something from him while they can.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miranda doing his best to make a believer out of me!

Really? It's hard to justify him playing everyday when he bends like grampa on that grounder that became a double. That should have been a double play. Inning over. D-backs probably win.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really? It's hard to justify him playing everyday when he bends like grampa on that grounder that became a double. That should have been a double play. Inning over. D-backs probably win.

And who would you have playing 1st base. And if the relievers did their job.......

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

He's only on a 1 year/1.3 contract. The Cubs are 11 games out of first. Kerry will be dealt somewhere before the deadline.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BLAH!!!!!!

Stringing losses together while the bullpen blows lead after lead... This is starting to sound vaguely familiar. UGH

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
BLAH!!!!!!

Stringing losses together while the bullpen blows lead after lead... This is starting to sound vaguely familiar. UGH

We had 2 hits thru 9 innings last nite... won't win much wiht that type of performance... :bang:

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
We had 2 hits thru 9 innings last nite... won't win much wiht that type of performance... :bang:

Exactly, and it needs to start with Upton & Young. I don't care what the stats say, they have got to step up there game. It's time.

I about projectile vomited when Sutton and/or Grace started spouting how wonderful Young is after the 7th inning last night. These two continue to leave important runs stranded.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree it's a team effort and our "timely hits" have all but evaporated, but the bottom line is we had the game one late all week and we keep blowing it.

I agree with you 100% though, hitters are stinking it up too, especially Upton and Young. I sure hope we can break out of this slump.

Exactly, and it needs to start with Upton & Young. I don't care what the stats say, they have got to step up there game. It's time.

I about projectile vomited when Sutton and/or Grace started spouting how wonderful Young is after the 7th inning last night. These two continue to leave important runs stranded.

You know what I knew we were screwed because when we won that last game against the Marlins, Sutton started going ON AND ON about how we were playing the Nationals and the Pirates next and how "easy" our schedule for the next couple weeks was and how the Dbacks were going to start "racking up some wins".

Even then I was thinking, Darren please shutup. Lo and behold, the jinx is in full effect. lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort