You must be registered for see images attach

Eastern Conference starters

-Dwayne Wade
-Allen Iverson
-LeBron James
-Kevin Garnett
-Dwight Howard

http://www.nba.com/2010/allstar/2010/01/21/east.starters/index.html

Judging by the lack of offers he received as a free agent this summer and after he was waived by the Grizzlies in November, Allen Iverson isn't very popular among league executives. Whether it be age, attitude, style of play or a combination of the three, the value of the diminutive guard has diminished quickly over the last two seasons.
But judging by the final results of All-Star balloting, Iverson will always have his fans

Western Conference starters

-Steve Nash
-Kobe Bryant
-Carmello Anthomy
-Tim Duncan
-Amare Stoudemire
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.nba.com/2010/allstar/2010/01/21/west.starters/index.html

Steve Nash found himself in the surreal position of not playing in the All-Star Game in Phoenix last year. He hosted a few events and took part in a few festivities during the week, but when the showcase event actually rolled around Sunday, Nash wasn't among those inside US Airways Center.
This All-Star Game doesn't quite qualify as a homecoming for the two-time MVP, but it's close enough. Nash was voted one of the Western Conference's five starters for the NBA's in-season classic Feb. 14 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Officials expect a crowd that could approach 100,000 at the $1.3 billion stadium for the first All-Star Game to be held in North Texas since 1986.
----------------------------------------
Allen Iverson???
You must be registered for see images

HooverDam

Reaction score
The fan voting is beyond stupid, I hate it. Amare isn't really a Center as we all know, Duncan is however but just hates being called one. Im sure we'll see TD going head to head with Dwight and Amare matching up w/ KG. Really Amare doesnt deserve to be an ASG starter this year, Dirk or Zach Randolph are probably more deserving to be starting at the 4.

If they have to keep the fan voting (and sadly I cant see them ever getting rid of it) they need to switch to just voting for 'bigs' and 'wings' and not specify a special slot for the Center. There are too few true Centers in the NBA today that are deserving (Dwight and Duncan are about it) so why have that slot?

EDIT: My ASG teams based on merit and disregarding homerism and not only going for 'big names' would be (I also don't really care about team record):

West:
PG Chris Paul
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Tim Duncan

Bench:
6. (PG) Steve Nash
7. (PG) Deron Williams
8. (SG) Monta Ellis
9. (SF) Kevin Durant
10. (PF) Amar'e Stoudemire
11. (PF) Zach Randolph
12. (C) Chris Kaman

I wouldve put Brandon Roy and/or Kevin Martin but since Martin hasn't played enough and Roy is now injured, I ignored them.

EAST:
PG Derrick Rose
SG Dwyane Wade
SF LeBron James
PF Chris Bosh
C Dwight Howard

Bench:
6. (PG) Rajon Rondo
7. (SG) Joe Johnson
8. (SG/SF) Andre Iguodala
9. (SF) Danny Granger
10. (SF) Gerald Wallace
11. (PF) Antwan Jamison
12. (C) Brook Lopez

That East lineup is lacking a lot of star power, but a lot of guys who are bigger names in the East (KG, Ray Allen, Pierce, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Rashard Lewis, Caron Butler, etc) aren't as deserving as the guys on my list.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who cares who the fans pick? It's an exhibition game. Amare and Nash aren't two of the 10 best players in the league, but they are fun to watch. The fans want to see them play with Kobe and Lebron, and now they will get to. Sounds cool to me.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Who cares who the fans pick? It's an exhibition game. Amare and Nash aren't two of the 10 best players in the league, but they are fun to watch. The fans want to see them play with Kobe and Lebron, and now they will get to. Sounds cool to me.

I care because it effects players careers, the reputations and sometimes their contracts. Its bologna that when a guy is up for the HoF or even if we're just talking about his career 10 or 20 years hence to say 'oh well this guy was great he made X number of ASGs". Well thats not fair because the selection process is ********, it promotes big names getting in and not the best players. I mean 2 of the Easts starters don't even deserve to be on the team!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I care because it effects players careers, the reputations and sometimes their contracts. Its bologna that when a guy is up for the HoF or even if we're just talking about his career 10 or 20 years hence to say 'oh well this guy was great he made X number of ASGs". Well thats not fair because the selection process is ********, it promotes big names getting in and not the best players. I mean 2 of the Easts starters don't even deserve to be on the team!

Obviously anyone who is using the statistic "number of All-Star starts" to determine the quality of a player's career is stupid. Look at their stats, number of All-NBA selections and other relevant factors.

As far as your statement about contracts goes, it seems like a baseless claim. Clearly no one is going to give Iverson more money next year simply because he was one of the two most popular guards in the east.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard