2009 Confederations Cup

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And on a better note, I think Landon Donovan has easily proven that he is the best current American player (non-goaltender, of course)--I'm surprised Dempsey got that award and Donovan didn't.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
And on a better note, I think Landon Donovan has easily proven that he is the best current American player (non-goaltender, of course)--I'm surprised Dempsey got that award and Donovan didn't.

Agreed.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
was disapointing after being up 2-0 at half, but brazil really showed their class by putting 4 in the net during the 2nd half

they just move so well

strong effort by the US, but they just aren't there yet

i think they are starting to develop an "american style" though - i think they get in trouble when trying to run and play finesse when many teams are just so much better in space

davies looks like a guy who will frustrate for years to come - good speed and skill, but not quite as good as he thinks he is ..... seems like every play has to be the big play - against top national teams you aren't going to be able to hold the ball on your foot for 30 seconds cutting in and out trying to get your shot or try to go 1 on 3

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
our biggest issue is that we cannot handle the ball. Once an oppenet gets near one of our boys with the ball its a turnover 100% of the time. We need a spanish style coach where its tip tap all over the pitch immediate passes and runs into space.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
our biggest issue is that we cannot handle the ball. Once an oppenet gets near one of our boys with the ball its a turnover 100% of the time. We need a spanish style coach where its tip tap all over the pitch immediate passes and runs into space.

Like most American's we can't pass the ball at all.