2008 Olympics Men's Soccer Thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What a disappointing end. The US was the better team than Nigeria too, that was apparent especially considering we played 10 against 11 most of the game and we had a forward/midfielder(Rogers) playing left back most of the game.

McBride was next to useless in this tournament. He couldn't hold up play he didn't win too many headers and as my complaint of him has been in the past he can't create on his own and is then completely ineffective without quality crosses being sent in to him. Nowak should have seen how this team was built nobody on the team, with the possible exception of Holden, can put in a decent cross consistently.

Kljestan has all the promise in the world but he can't maintain possesion and poorly times his passes more often than not. I would have much rather seen Feilhaber play in his position with McCarty playing out wide to start the match. Yes Kljestan scored 2 goals but one was a PK and the other was a result of a great pass from Adu. I like Sacha but he has a lot of work to do.

Maurice Edu had a great tournament. Holden was solid (especially his service on free kicks). Wynne displayed his awesome pace but he needs to work on his touch, shots and crosses...I think he'll get there very soon.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
Orozco is a moron how stupid do you have to be to do something like that in the biggest game of your life..

Sasha is a joke... he led the team in minutes, talk about being over rated....

ugh... terrible...

OzSmithHero

Reaction score
Even though the Olympics are over, it isn't too early to think about 2012.

For the next summer Olympics, why not bring American football to the games?

Just think about, the world is ready- many other nations are striking up American football leagues and it's the right time to make the proposal.

I'm writing on behalf of weplay.com, the site that is currently hosting a digital petition for this idea.

Peyton Manning is a huge supporter of this idea, and now we need everyone else to join in!

Goto youcastcorp.com/weplay/weplaywidget and sign the petition.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Stupid idea, work on getting baseball & softball back, more countries play that and they just got rid of them.

Football would never fly.