2008-2009 Season Thread

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Was at the game tonight. I also had the pleasure of attending four losses in a row since the all-star break. This is bad, folks.

I've never seen a season tank so fast. 1-9 in the last 10 games. Last two games I attended were homes games for Vancouver and Edmonton.

Last time I felt this miserable and turned off by a team was when my Cardinals played in Sun Devil Stadium. Frankly, I'm not sure who would want to save these guys financially.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really over Johnny

You must be registered for see images attach

Whiteout 2010...yee haw :bang:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the season is over. There is a chance to make the playoffs, but it would require winning 8 of 10 games. Not going to happen.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if the season ended today, they'd have the sixth pick in the draft. Looks like they have a realistic shot at fourth, but unfortunately right now its looking like a three horse race. John Tavares, Victor Hedman, then a drop off to Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, and then another big drop off after that.

AussieCardinal

Looking for a Green Card
Reaction score
Was at the game tonight. I also had the pleasure of attending four losses in a row since the all-star break. This is bad, folks.

I've never seen a season tank so fast. 1-9 in the last 10 games. Last two games I attended were homes games for Vancouver and Edmonton.

Last time I felt this miserable and turned off by a team was when my Cardinals played in Sun Devil Stadium. Frankly, I'm not sure who would want to save these guys financially.
Back to Winnipeg.
Seriously its a shame to here the franchise is so badly stuffed.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the coyotes fans need to demand better from their franchise - are you really happy that a team like St. Louis is now better than you?!

after the lockout they had ownership issues, started to blow up the team, brought in a new owner/leadership and finished with the worst record in the league

the past two years they've played around .500 hockey

this year they are fighting for a playoff spot and put their skate on the neck of the coyotes with a pair of wins against them

even the kings looks like a better team than the 'yotes

demand better - winning is the only way this team will stay here and that is something I think we all want

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Tellqvist has been traded.

Morris and Jokinen may be headed out, too. Toronto and Calgary seem interested.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Telly for a 4th rounder = $800,000 in salary dumped. Good luck Mikael.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
Jokinen traded to Calgary for Lombardi and a 1st round pick. Good luck Olli.

Still waiting on Morris...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
brandon prust is also coming in on the jokinen deal and a 3rd round pick is going out

apparently calgary will have the option if the first rounder is sent in the 2009 or 2010 draft

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Phoenix Coyotes kept busy as they have acquired forward Scottie Upshall and a second round pick from the Philadelphia Flyers for tough guy Daniel Carcillo.

Upshall, 25, is a first round (6th overall) draft pick of the Nashville Predators in 2002. He has six goals and 14 assists in 54 games this season.

From TSN

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i like dawes and don't know much about the other 2 - although i'm not sure how long dawes is under contract for

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To Recap:

Phoenix gave up:
Jokinen (1 year left @$5.25)
Morris (UFA $3.9)
Carcillo (1year left @$0.9)
Telly (UFA @ $0.8mil)
3rd Rnd in '09

Phoenix acquired:
Kalinin (UFA $2.1)
Lombardi (1 year left @ $1.8mil)
Upshall (RFA $1.2)
Prucha (RFA $1.6)
Dawes (RFA $0.6)
Prust (1 year left at $0.5)
1st in '09 or '10
4th in '10

Stolen From Kaibur @ CoyotesCorner

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Coyotes are now in the fifth lowest spot in the league, just one point "ahead" of fourth spot Colorado, two from third spot Atlanta, and four from second spot Tampa Bay. The way things are going, an elite draft pick is within reach, which is probably about the only way this team is ever going to get any better.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The Coyotes are now in the fifth lowest spot in the league, just one point "ahead" of fourth spot Colorado, two from third spot Atlanta, and four from second spot Tampa Bay. The way things are going, an elite draft pick is within reach, which is probably about the only way this team is ever going to get any better.

I've been watching. Honestly, I'm hoping to move to the bottom and pick up Tavares. Wow wouldn't that be great!

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I've been watching. Honestly, I'm hoping to move to the bottom and pick up Tavares. Wow wouldn't that be great!

Well, they did their best to help tonight.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tampa Bay, Colorado, and Atlanta all win, Coyotes lose. Perfect night in hockey as far as Phoenix's hopes for the future go. Phoenix is now tied for third bottom slot with Atlanta, two points behind second slot Tampa Bay.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The Yotes have a real good chance to move into the top two. Let's hope the Islanders stay hot.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I got to go to the game last night. The first 20 minutes and the last minute were a blast...the time in between was tense. Great game, though!

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
3 wins in a row, so much for competing for the #1 pick. I like the grit the team is showing though... wish they'd play like this all year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard