1st place NFC west.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we lost. We lost in a gut wrenching way.
But not one of us can question the heart of this team.
Out played. Three turnovers. This game should have been 38-21 at minimum. And if the Cardinals were a lesser team we’d have gotten crushed. Yet we were one fluke play away from tying or winning this game.

In the loss this team showed the country and NFL world it’s heart and resilience. We showed everyone NEVER to count this team out until there is 0:00 on the clock.

There will be many critics for a number of things in this game. Players, play calling and more.

It hurts because of how close we were to shocking the world. Let the bleeding stop. Let the hurt go away. We didn’t get eliminate from the playoffs. We are still in first place and I can promise you the Packers are not going 16-1.

I am proud as crap of this team. I’m going to let this one go and get ready for the 49ers. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Only heart I question is aj green. Catches the ball midfield with grass to run and falls into fetal position. And then the gaff that will go down in history.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Only heart I question is aj green. Catches the ball midfield with grass to run and falls into fetal position. And then the gaff that will go down in history.
Oh no. No, no no no no NO. He's not the only heart I question. I flat out state Rondale Moore has ZERO heart. Muff a punt by cringing pathetically after calling a fair catch? That's bad, and pretty gutless. Follow that up by making absolutely zero effort to recover your eff up? Unforgivable. Dude shouldn't see the field as a returner again after that kind of BS. And then screwing up 2 more times trying to make up for it, no doubt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh no. No, no no no no NO. He's not the only heart I question. I flat out state Rondale Moore has ZERO heart. Muff a punt by cringing pathetically after calling a fair catch? That's bad, and pretty gutless. Follow that up by making absolutely zero effort to recover your eff up? Unforgivable. Dude shouldn't see the field as a returner again after that kind of BS. And then screwing up 2 more times trying to make up for it, no doubt.
No Rondale is the scarecrow. No brain. Aj is the Tinman.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Come on man. This is getting silly.

Rondale has been great in the return game. Best we had for a while. And many here have said so. Probably including you.

He makes one mistake and "He should never return again"? Come on.

He's a 21 year old kid playing in his first prime time game against one of the biggest teams in the sport. Give the kid a break. He messed up. He's not lacking heart. There was no way he was going to get on the ball after he muffed it so he tried to play innocent and hoped he got away with it. Unlikely to happen but more likely than getting on that ball with all those Packers players in his face.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was very odd. On the first play which got us out of the end zone - it looked like he was getting us into FG range and dropping to avoid a hit at the same time. We were like "What the ?"

On the final play, I question why we would even go to AJ. Should have been Ertz who was catching every ball thrown his way or DHop.

Oh well. 7-1 and time to get healthy before a short trip to the Niners. I'll take it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Come on man. This is getting silly.

Rondale has been great in the return game. Best we had for a while. And many here have said so. Probably including you.

He makes one mistake and "He should never return again"? Come on.

He's a 21 year old kid playing in his first prime time game against one of the biggest teams in the sport. Give the kid a break. He messed up. He's not lacking heart. There was no way he was going to get on the ball after he muffed it so he tried to play innocent and hoped he got away with it. Unlikely to happen but more likely than getting on that ball with all those Packers players in his face.
He made three mistakes. Muffed punt. Taking ball outta endzone and failing to reach 20. Taking ball outta endzone AGAIN and not picking up significant enough yards to risk a penalty, which we got. That’s three bad decisions of varying awfulness. He compounded his worst decision with two not quite as bad decisions. That’s alarming.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He made three mistakes. Muffed punt. Taking ball outta endzone and failing to reach 20. Taking ball outta endzone AGAIN and not picking up significant enough yards to risk a penalty, which we got. That’s three bad decisions of varying awfulness. He compounded his worst decision with two not quite as bad decisions. That’s alarming.
Four mistakes, really. Muffed punt and then compounding it by not trying to recover it. I mean, that's just plain awful and there is no excuse for it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was very odd. On the first play which got us out of the end zone - it looked like he was getting us into FG range and dropping to avoid a hit at the same time. We were like "What the ?"

On the final play, I question why we would even go to AJ. Should have been Ertz who was catching every ball thrown his way or DHop.

Oh well. 7-1 and time to get healthy before a short trip to the Niners. I'll take it.

I'm guessing AJ was just gassed on that last drive it's the only explanation I have. the drop down after the catch and then not turning. I get why we went to him that's been the plan all year go to the open guy and he's open, but I would wonder going forward if Kyler will trust him there or if he'll go to D Hop or someone else. And yes Ertz was a great option his hands are scary good so far.

Kirk and Ertz both "might" have been options there they weren't wide open but Kirk had an angle and Ertz was boxing his man out but the open guy there is Green he's so big if he just turns around that ball is his or incomplete, going to Ertz or Kirk there's the risk the DB is able to get to the ball.

Such a weird play I still can't believe that happened

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Aj had one on one with a cb from our practice squad with no one else within 10 yards of them. He was 100% the right read.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing AJ was just gassed on that last drive it's the only explanation I have. the drop down after the catch and then not turning. I get why we went to him that's been the plan all year go to the open guy and he's open, but I would wonder going forward if Kyler will trust him there or if he'll go to D Hop or someone else. And yes Ertz was a great option his hands are scary good so far.

Kirk and Ertz both "might" have been options there they weren't wide open but Kirk had an angle and Ertz was boxing his man out but the open guy there is Green he's so big if he just turns around that ball is his or incomplete, going to Ertz or Kirk there's the risk the DB is able to get to the ball.

I saw the play as a veteran play. Ensure the first down that MUST be had by 100% making sure you hold onto the ball. for all he knew he was going to get whacked and maybe the ball would come out.

I know this is a lonely opinion. But I really did see it a smart, savvy play at the time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the play as a veteran play. Ensure the first down that MUST be had by 100% making sure you hold onto the ball. for all he knew he was going to get whacked and maybe the ball would come out.

I know this is a lonely opinion. But I really did see it a smart, savvy play at the time.

I mean the play in the endzone. I get what you're saying on the other play. If that's Rondale he might score, but if that's Rondale he might not be that open either, Green did a really good job on that route of finding the hole.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No coach ever in the history of sports tells a receiver to do that. The best wrs in the history of the sport don’t turtle up like that when driving for a winning opportunity. Let’s stop twisting and turning to make excuses for aj burrows.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No coach ever in the history of sports tells a receiver to do that. The best wrs in the history of the sport don’t turtle up like that when driving for a winning opportunity. Let’s stop twisting and turning to make excuses for aj burrows.
I will do what I want, thank you. Like I said, that is what I thought of the play at the moment it happened, and I knew my opinion would have little agreement. Guess what? I don't care if it's not popular!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I will do what I want, thank you. Like I said, that is what I thought of the play at the moment it happened, and I knew my opinion would have little agreement. Guess what? I don't care if it's not popular!
Okay

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus the interception that went off his hands. Sure, it was a high throw - but it looked catchable.

But I'm not too down on the kid... he's routinely been making great plays since game one. If these kinds of mistakes were a pattern in college, or become a pattern in the NFL, that's another story.

...dbs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie and all fan of this site, Mojorisen wants to let you know that he cares and asked me to post this gif, in regard to the game ending interception...
You must be registered for see images attach
Yup. That’s about it.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unforgivable?? He shouldn’t even be back their in the first place.
all can be coached out. The talent is there

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I think Ertz would have been the better decision....looked like he had a step...is it me or did AJ seem like he was gasping the whole game? I think he hit Scottsdale up the night before lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ertz would have been the better decision....looked like he had a step...is it me or did AJ seem like he was gasping the whole game? I think he hit Scottsdale up the night before lol
As turned out, throwing to anyone besides Green would've been better. But, presnap read? Kyler made the correct one. Really, Green single covered there was a no brainer to throw to. The defensive call was to take away the short, quick crossing routes. So, while throwing to Ertz might of scored, who knows?, that was exactly the type of route the defense was primarily trying to cover. The safeties sold out to jump up and help on those routes.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stout, I'm not gonna murder him for it, but I feel you though. I truly saw it as him trying to sell that he didn't touch it rather than not trying to recover the ball. He's a rookie, and one that is going to make plays for this team going forward. I'm mad as hell at him for the moment but we'll, be cheering for him in unison when he makes a great play going forward, no? :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose