15 thoughts - Niners game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Let’s be real: there goes the playoffs.

2 – I absolutely hate the thought that this might have been Fitz’ last home game, and not only did he not get the win, but neither did he get a 15-minute standing ovation. Horrible thought.

3 – All you can hope for is a chance, and somehow – despite all that happened – they were good enough to have that chance in the end.

4 – I have always liked Josh Rosen, and I still do, so I think it is sad to see how far he has fallen. In three seasons from top ten pick to backup for the backup’s backup.

5 – Second game in a row with an important kicking of the ball by another Cards-player than the kicker or punter.

6 – I very rarely criticize playcalling since the margin between success and failure is so small, but I will say that I was not impressed.

7 – Christian Kirk has turned into a fine role player. You’d have a problem if you rely a lot on him, though.

8 – 17 sacks created in the last three games. That’s a lot.

9 – You can’t have Chris Banjo be your starting safety. Recipe for issues.

10 – C.J. Beathard might not be a good quarterback, but he is good enough to beat you when you play defense like that. They did not win despite of him, and that in itself says a lot about the defensive performance.

P.S. Surefire career game by Wolford next week (sure, it is his first, so it will be a career game if he has even one yard, but that is not really my point).

11 – It’s a problem that Haason Reddick is an unrestricted free agent to be. He is going to want to test the market. Second week in a row with a sub-3 seconds sack. That is phenomenal.

12 – Kingsbury improved the team immediately after he took over, and he has improved it further from last year. Calm down, people.

13 – I am aware that it seems like I am taking the easy solution by mentioning the same players each week, but Haason Reddick and Mason Cole is two of the most impactful players on the team. Get Cole out of the lineup. Now. Right now.

14 – Surprisingly to me, Keesean Johnson has become a useful chesspiece.

15 – With Zach Allen and Leki Fotu emerging, and Jordan Phillips and (maybe) Corey Peters coming back, you see the potential for the best defensive line since Darnell Dockett and Calais Campbell dominated.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
15 – With Zach Allen and Leki Fotu emerging, and Jordan Phillips and (maybe) Corey Peters coming back, you see the potential for the best defensive line since Darnell Dockett and Calais Campbell dominated.

You forgot Rashard Lawrence. The defensive line and safety positions are two areas where the Cards don't need to add a free agent or draft choice next year. Two corners and two linebackers are needed though. Four players away from being a good defense.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
1 – Let’s be real: there goes the playoffs.

2 – I absolutely hate the thought that this might have been Fitz’ last home game, and not only did he not get the win, but neither did he get a 15-minute standing ovation. Horrible thought.

3 – All you can hope for is a chance, and somehow – despite all that happened – they were good enough to have that chance in the end.

4 – I have always liked Josh Rosen, and I still do, so I think it is sad to see how far he has fallen. In three seasons from top ten pick to backup for the backup’s backup.

5 – Second game in a row with an important kicking of the ball by another Cards-player than the kicker or punter.

6 – I very rarely criticize playcalling since the margin between success and failure is so small, but I will say that I was not impressed.

7 – Christian Kirk has turned into a fine role player. You’d have a problem if you rely a lot on him, though.

8 – 17 sacks created in the last three games. That’s a lot.

9 – You can’t have Chris Banjo be your starting safety. Recipe for issues.

10 – C.J. Beathard might not be a good quarterback, but he is good enough to beat you when you play defense like that. They did not win despite of him, and that in itself says a lot about the defensive performance.

P.S. Surefire career game by Wolford next week (sure, it is his first, so it will be a career game if he has even one yard, but that is not really my point).

11 – It’s a problem that Haason Reddick is an unrestricted free agent to be. He is going to want to test the market. Second week in a row with a sub-3 seconds sack. That is phenomenal.

12 – Kingsbury improved the team immediately after he took over, and he has improved it further from last year. Calm down, people.

13 – I am aware that it seems like I am taking the easy solution by mentioning the same players each week, but Haason Reddick and Mason Cole is two of the most impactful players on the team. Get Cole out of the lineup. Now. Right now.

14 – Surprisingly to me, Keesean Johnson has become a useful chesspiece.

So are you assuming the cardinals extend Allen long term?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You forgot Rashard Lawrence. The defensive line and safety positions are two areas where the Cards don't need to add a free agent or draft choice next year. Two corners and two linebackers are needed though. Four players away from being a good defense.

I actually thought of including him, Card´em. In the end I choose not to because I just don’t think he has shown that he is emerging. He has been good, but I don’t think it is more than that.

But you are certainly right that he could be an effective player going forward as he has that potential.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So are you assuming the cardinals extend Allen long term?

Well, right now I do, JC, but they have him under contract for several years going forward, so it will obviously have to be decided by them. But yes, I think he has turned into a very good player this year, and though we have not seen much of Jordan Phillips, I would argue that Allen is at least one of their best two defensive ends.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 49er game is where Kingsbury has started to lose me.

we crawled back in this game despite looking like crap. Much like the Seahawks do and then hit a big play or put together one good drive to win the game.

But down 14-12 with about 9 minutes left in the game Kliff decides to go for it on 4th and 4 on our own 35 yard line.

WHY? He singlehandedly tossed our defense under the bus. Stupid. Simply stupid.

Oh, and Cole should apply for a beer vendors job immediately.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I failed to notice but did Peko come back into the game after he got injured?

I am not sure, Ronin, but I don't think he did. Don't you think it is a problem that he has become a fairly important part of the defensive line? He is good, but I don't think he is good enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard