15 thoughts - Chiefs game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched some of the Eagles game off and on and was surprised that Jordan Davis didn't play more. Looking at an Eagles site it's one of the big discussions on their board. Detroit had 180 yards rushing against them but averaged far less per run in the 14 plays Davis was in than the rest of the game where he wasn't.

They're also wondering why the went out and got Hassan Reddick and then used him as an inside rusher and in coverage not an edge rusher.

From an Eagles site. With Jordan Davis on the field the Eagles allowed 2.9 YPC. With Davis off the field, 10 YPC. He only played 14 snaps.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I didn’t focus on the big goons in the middle but Fotu/Lawrence not taking the next step means both sides of the interior line need to be completely rebuilt. If JJ, Hudson and Pugh are quasi-retired/beat up we need to go bulky in the draft. Who is Keim’s best draft pick on either side of the interior OL/DL?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well we had 34 passes to 14 rib runs, and most those runs was after the game was determined, we pulled out stating QB, chiefs pulled theirs, hopeless , helpless after Kliff went for it on 4th down before the 1/2! Could have been 20~10 with momentum And the ball after halftime.

opening at home and we get to see the back up quarterbacks very early, because cards were not prepared for NFL football. And the 1/4.billion dollar unicorn blames execution. How about studying more on the field in preseason and getting your guys ready too, without a clause in your contract,

let’s not forget the defense got them the turnover as they squandered it again

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ghandi - Sorry to hear of your possible cessation of posts. One of the few efforts I really appreciate
Thank you, Jeff. Truly. I think I can speak for everyone of this board, who make somewhat similar columns, that the only reason we do it is you and other who read it or comment. If no one did that, why would we use time and energy on it? It would be a waste of time. No, we do it because it brings your and others attention to it, and it creates debates and – hopefully – makes readers consider their views (not that you should change it, but just think about it.) That is why is it so welcome when I read a post like yours right now. Because it clearly shows that it has mattered to write this column.

I think I have to stop, though. It is partly a money issue, partly that I must watch the games Monday morning (due to living in Europe), and other people deserve more attention from me at that point. However, I do hope that Gamepass will be available cheaper about halfway through the season. I remember that they have done that before, but it is several years ago I have checked, so I don’t know if it is the same way now. There is also the option that Brak mention, though that would not change the situation about being more present for other people.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SO many sites online streaming NFL games, easy to find one on game day with a simple Google search. If you feel guilty about pirating a broadcast, just remind yourself that you're getting what you paid for - worthless performance at zero cost.
Thank you for the suggestion, Brak. I had not truly considered it, both because of the ethical matter, but also because I must watch the games the day after, and most sites have removed the option to watch games non-live. It is the issue of living in Europe, in regard to the NFL. I can watch the early games, because they finish about 10.25 in the evening, but the late games don’t finish until about 2.30, and that is too late for me when the next day is a normal weekday. As you know well, the Cards usually play the late games due to being on the West Coast, and I don’t really like to watch the first half and then not the rest.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t focus on the big goons in the middle but Fotu/Lawrence not taking the next step means both sides of the interior line need to be completely rebuilt. If JJ, Hudson and Pugh are quasi-retired/beat up we need to go bulky in the draft. Who is Keim’s best draft pick on either side of the interior OL/DL?
I'm sure being called a goon really makes players feel good. Way to go.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andy Reid, after running up the score, is now blaming the AZ field for the Chiefs injuries. I call poor sportsmanship.

Reaction score
P.S. I am not sure if I will buy NFL Gamepass this year (for various reasons). If not, then I will not be able to watch the Cards’ games, and thus write these columns. I still don’t know, but I would like to thank everyone who has read- and commented throughout several years.
It would be a loss to not have your posts on the site. Hope you work something out to continue your contributions on here!

Reaction score
Rashard Lawrence's rating doesn't surprise me at all. He made some plays and is better than our fans give him credit for being.
I'm expecting much more from Lawrence this season! Hopefully he manages to stay healthy. . . :stick::stick::stick:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the last several years I have wished and pleaded for us to take a run stuffing, space eating NG and DT in round one. Lots of people say, "No you can't take that position in the first round, value, blah, blah, blah..." i respond I am sick of teams ripping us right up the gut with runs. And Keim has gone cheap on that position for a good decade.

What happened the first two plays of the Chiefs? Big gains on runs right up the gut. I knew right THEN we were toast.

Frankly I am sick of it. Yet, next spring, I will be told you can't draft a run stuffer in round 1.
You know we would draft him, and then he wouldn't play at all because Vance doesn't trust him...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From an Eagles site. With Jordan Davis on the field the Eagles allowed 2.9 YPC. With Davis off the field, 10 YPC. He only played 14 snaps.
Shows that we aren't the only ones with terrible planning. At least their offense kept stride with their terrible defense.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be a loss to not have your posts on the site. Hope you work something out to continue your contributions on here!
Thank you for the support, CL! I highly appreciate it.

I have decided to not buy Gamepass this year. There are different reasons – mainly family responsibility, but also financial. However, I have seen that the Cards’ next game are actually being broadcasted on Danish television, so it is certainly an option that I will watch it, and then write a column.

P.S. Still scared of your avatar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose