100% OUT on Wilks after today

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some may think this is an overreaction. Wilks is a first year head coach. He is just making normal mistakes.

He is a first year head coach, but he isn't making normal mistakes.

Here are my issues with Wilks, and why today cemented my opinion that he is incompetent.

1-"We've got to utilize David from the standpoint of getting him out of the backfield, putting him in the slot, putting him out there to try and create that matchup that we need."

Are you kidding me? What were you doing the entire offseason in planning your offense? If you came into to your first head coaching gig, and you don't know how you are going to use your best offensive playmaker, you aren't prepared. If this wasn't the first question you asked your potential offensive coordinators when you getting staff together, you are either inept or you didn't have more than one option. This quote is the apex of stupidity.

2-"I have total confidence in Mike, total confidence in all the staff."

Really, you have total confident in the clown that you have to tell to use your best offensive weapon in more creative ways and to create mismatches. This goes to show Steve Wilks is full of poo.

3-Haason Reddick and Deone Bucannon get benched in week 2.

Part of the job of becoming a coach is evaluating game film and the roster PRIOR to taking the job and free agency. You need to understand where you need to improve the roster so you can execute YOUR SYSTEM. Wilks obviously didn't do this and instead waited until training camp and the season began to evaluate his roster.

4-He is shocked that the team is not executing his game plan when he didn't utilize the preseason games to give his starters reps in executing his system.

I'm out on him, and every week his ridiculous quotes just widdle away what credibility he has left. He is going to lose the locker room as the professional leaders we have on this team can spot ********, and will only tolerate it for so long. I hope that we won't have to suffer through two years of this, but it isn't in Bidwill's nature to fire a guy after one year. Settle in, our franchise is in the toilet for the next three years at the least.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this one hurt to read.

I'm not totally out on Wilks. Even though I have a hair trigger reaction to bad crap, I've got to give him at least a half of season to see if he's really THIS bad.

I had hope after he embraced and understood the boo birds coming out during the Redskins' game. He said he wasn't really surprised and he felt it was deserved. But then to go and stink it up in L.A. and still defend Bradford after he had a 90-yard game. "Sam is doing well." Uh, coach - NO HE IS NOT. He looks horrible out there. Not sure if it is our poor offensive game plan, lack of decent targets, Sam's fears, our line, or a combination of any of these elements, but to call his performance this season "good" in any way, shape, or form is delusional - or at least dishonest. I want a coach that will tell it like it is. Come out and say "Sam's numbers have been disappointing, but we're working on some things to help him use his skills more effectively next game." Just do not try and tell us you believe something different from the crap we have all witnessed.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Wilks knows he isn’t ready & just quits.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You summed it up perfectly Chop! Four or five more stinkers like these 2 will definitely get McDumb fired & might get the whole Staff fired.

Don’t forget his famous “this isn’t a rebuild, this is a retool” the day he was hired lol

Wow Coach, you really can’t be serious with all the BS your trying to sell us.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To be honest, what is he supposed to say 2 games in? That he screwed up on his choice for OC? His QB? He's got to give the party line.
Yes, if he wants his word to mean something to his players. His garbage is how you lose a locker room.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be honest, what is he supposed to say 2 games in? That he screwed up on his choice for OC? His QB? He's got to give the party line.

False choice. You can say, “it’s clear we’re playing bad football out there right now. It’s my fault first. Hold me accountable, because I’m holding myself accountable. I still feel Sam gives us the best chance to win, and until I see a better chance to win a football game, I’m sticking with him.”

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I blame Michael Bidwill - Wilks said after hiring he didn’t have an offense in mind, it will develop with McCoy in the offense - I was excited to plan to run more - we haven’t - now we must get more creative with DJ - which means more passing less running -

Sam Bradford is not the problem - Josh is not the solution yet- Sam did do well to go 17- 27 with an offense designed to get to playmakers - for rac yards - no way we can throw down field until we get the fundamentals of offensive football addressed.

What questions did Michael and Keim ask in the interview?
What inspired them to hire a hc that did not have an offense in mind?
This looks like a team without an offense in mind.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson