10 Cloverfield Lane (secret Cloverfield sequel?)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Bad Robot Secretly Film a Cloverfield Sequel?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/647789-secret-cloverfield-sequel#fjEhqLkegQqUOme3.99

Moviegoers attending the first screenings of Michael Bay’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi tonight found a true surprise preceding the film in the form of a trailer for director Dan Trachtenberg‘s upcoming Paramount Pictures thriller. The film, formerly known as first The Cellar and later Valencia, is now being released under the title 10 Cloverfield Lane and stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman and John Gallagher, Jr. What’s more, there’s a heavy implication that the March 11 release is secretly the long-awaited sequel to Matt Reeves’ 2008 hit Cloverfield.

“The idea came up a long time ago during production,” J.J. Abrams said via an official statement from Paramount. “We wanted to make it a blood relative of ‘Cloverfield’. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”

"Bootleg" trailer:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long-awaited? I remember Cloverfield sucking pretty hard-core, and most everyone I talked to thought it was dumb.

a movie that was much better in concept then execution. which is a rarity for something JJ is heavily involved in. He's usually the exact opposite, IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to say but almost like the Twilight Zone episode where the monks have the devil locked up and the guy doesn't believe them and lets the devil go?

Goodman seems to be saying you'll let it(them?) out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said this movie is "blood related". I wonder what that really means? The original was a cool concept never realized. Maybe this takes the best parts and nails it. It has some good actors in it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 Cloverfield Lane

10 Cloverfield Lane

Release Date: March 11, 2016 (theaters & IMAX)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Dan Trachtenberg
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Josh Campbell, Matt Steucken, Damien Chazelle
Genre: Thriller, Action

Starring: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman, John Gallagher Jr.

Plot Summary: Of the film, J.J. Abrams says: "The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible." It reportedly follows a girl who, after losing consciousness in a car accident, wakes up in an underground cellar with a man who tells her that the outside world has perished in a nuclear attack.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will probably check it out in the theaters. Looks interesting..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're doing a great job of mystery boxing this movie with the trailers. I want to see it even though I wasn't a big fan of Cloverfield.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is out tonight, hopefully will get to see it and provide an awesome review!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're doing a great job of mystery boxing this movie with the trailers. I want to see it even though I wasn't a big fan of Cloverfield.

You hit it right on the head! I am so curious on what this is all about because of the cliffhanger the trailer gives us

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Anyone seen it yet? Thinking about going this weekend, but I'm skeptical.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone seen it yet? Thinking about going this weekend, but I'm skeptical.

Just saw it tonight. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Kind of a psychological suspenseful thriller combined with... well, I don't want to give too much away here. Some parts were pretty stressful, but we really enjoyed it. My son is very critical of movies, and he gave this one a 7/10. It was a good ride.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Just saw it tonight. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Kind of a psychological suspenseful thriller combined with... well, I don't want to give too much away here. Some parts were pretty stressful, but we really enjoyed it. My son is very critical of movies, and he gave this one a 7/10. It was a good ride.
Great, thank you! Will be seeing it tomorrow, so now I'm looking forward to it!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was good! A lot of suspense and some comedy added in. I really liked it!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was good! A lot of suspense and some comedy added in. I really liked it!

Glad to hear that I wasn't off base.

How bout the "doomsday cellar"? That was a pretty sweet setup. Would love to have that under my house!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear that I wasn't off base.

How bout the "doomsday cellar"? That was a pretty sweet setup. Would love to have that under my house!

I would love that to. Generator, Air filter/cleaner, and more. I would love something like that if I were able to use it for other things so it doesn't just sit there and collect dust.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good movie. Took my son to see it. We both liked it. It is sort of misleading to call it Cloverfield. It really is more like "Twilight Zone" and the movie is more like a self contained episode with a different story which is what they were shooting for.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good movie. Took my son to see it. We both liked it. It is sort of misleading to call it Cloverfield. It really is more like "Twilight Zone" and the movie is more like a self contained episode with a different story which is what they were shooting for.

Couldn't this been another story with during the same invasion? That's what I got out of it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't this been another story with during the same invasion? That's what I got out of it.

Dan Trachtenberg said these are on a totally different timeline. He said "Who knows what’s in store in the future, and what kind of things could be further connected - but certainly [10 Cloverfield Lane] does take place in a different timeline."

JJ said “It’s like Cloverfield is the amusement park, and each of these movies is a different ride in that park.”

So there might be some "lose" connections but this appears to be a self contained story. I think that what they are aiming for. Create a modern day Twilight Zone with different stories attached to the Cloverfield universe.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think cloverfield was the start of the invasion, and this movie was just someone elses story of what was happening to them during the invasion. It was never really billed as a sequel, just in the same universe. But it does shed a little more light on exactly what was going on in Cloverfield.

Winstead was a total badass in this movie. I thought it was good. Took my sister and my oldest daughter and we all liked it.

I want to say too for any parents out there thinking of taking your kids, my daughter is 12 and I thought it was totally appropriate for her.

There was no sex, no crude jokes, and the language was surprisingly not bad at all. There was one part where a woman whispers "Oh fudge" (only she didn't say fudge just like Ralphie) to herself, but as I told my daughter, if you ever find yourself in THAT situation, you feel free to use that word. lol There was hardly any other bad language at all. Seriously I have seen PG movies with WAY worse language than this.

It was still super suspenseful and tense without all the inappropriate stuff that most scary movies get into. Now the plotlines for this universe have been blown WIDE OPEN and anything is possible. Cant wait to see where JJ and the crew take this from here!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think cloverfield was the start of the invasion, and this movie was just someone elses story of what was happening to them during the invasion. It was never really billed as a sequel, just in the same universe. But it does shed a little more light on exactly what was going on in Cloverfield.

Winstead was a total badass in this movie. I thought it was good. Took my sister and my oldest daughter and we all liked it.

I want to say too for any parents out there thinking of taking your kids, my daughter is 12 and I thought it was totally appropriate for her.

There was no sex, no crude jokes, and the language was surprisingly not bad at all. There was one part where a woman whispers "Oh fudge" (only she didn't say fudge just like Ralphie) to herself, but as I told my daughter, if you ever find yourself in THAT situation, you feel free to use that word. lol There was hardly any other bad language at all. Seriously I have seen PG movies with WAY worse language than this.

It was still super suspenseful and tense without all the inappropriate stuff that most scary movies get into. Now the plotlines for this universe have been blown WIDE OPEN and anything is possible. Cant wait to see where JJ and the crew take this from here!

That was one hell of a molotov cocktail to blow up that spaceship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard