UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Or maybe others are just better talent valors than you are?

It seems there’s a lot of people that are happy with what the Cardinals did or think they did a good job
What's a talent valor? :D j/k

It just rings hollow when there's ALWAYS a bunch of guys they like the same. It's similar to the QB adage to me: If you have 2 QBs you have no QBs. If you have 10 guys rated the same when you pick all the time, you're not in a good spot or not doing a good enough job evaluating talent.

Stout

Reaction score
Overall, not bad. No idea about the rounds 4-7 guys, so I won't even try to judge. Drafting our UDFAs isn't a bad thing. First round was definitely an A. I didn't like trading down in the 2nd but Melton isn't a bad prospect. Wanted more instant impact players on Day 2. The round 3 OG better start. But, uh oh, what is Monti going to do without extra draft capital next year? :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monti welcomed MHJ on the phone, and I was all "Yes!" Then he handed the phone to Michael Bidwill, and I was all "No!" I was afraid he would retire on the spot :D
I bet Monti said, "Here is the guy who will sign your $22.5 million dollar signing bonus check" to prevent that.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just rings hollow when there's ALWAYS a bunch of guys they like the same.
What are you talking about?! The Cardinals came into the draft with 11 picks and traded down only twice - 8 spots in the 2nd and 3 spots in the 3rd. Your post sounds as though they traded every pick for magic beans.

Trading down 8 spots and 3 spots sounds EXACTLY like what a team should do if it occasionally has a pool of players ranked similarly... not at all like a team that "ALWAYS has a bunch of guys they like the same".

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, why? I get that the draft is now over, but that seems very weird in a non-spoiler warned thread. Oh well.
Yeah... apparently some Karens can't just stick to the non-spoiler thread, or refrain from reloading this thread for the last few minutes before the Cardinals' picks, so they complain to the managers....

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah... apparently some Karens can't just stick to the non-spoiler thread, or refrain from reloading this thread for the last few minutes before the Cardinals' picks, so they complain to the managers....
Just tell them there's another team that has the perfect logo for them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What are you talking about?! The Cardinals came into the draft with 11 picks and traded down only twice - 8 spots in the 2nd and 3 spots in the 3rd. Your post sounds as though they traded every pick for magic beans.

Trading down 8 spots and 3 spots sounds EXACTLY like what a team should do if it occasionally has a pool of players ranked similarly... not at all like a team that "ALWAYS has a bunch of guys they like the same".
If you watched the post-day two presser, they essentially said they were looking at Melton at #35 to begin and traded down.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Kiper said the same. But it won't matter if PFF flunks us.
But PFF doesn't flunk anyone. That is the misunderstanding with them. They try to develop metrics to measure preformance and grade based on their metrics.

They are very open on their misses. I think they mention Edge a lot, because they have the highest track record to identify 1st round talent and the lowest predicting every single pass-rusher not taken in the 1st. They openly talk about they had Justin Jefferson as the 6th WR in that draft

Stout

Reaction score

I'm more speaking to posters who doth protest too much with this line all the time.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overall, not bad. No idea about the rounds 4-7 guys, so I won't even try to judge. Drafting our UDFAs isn't a bad thing. First round was definitely an A. I didn't like trading down in the 2nd but Melton isn't a bad prospect. Wanted more instant impact players on Day 2. The round 3 OG better start. But, uh oh, what is Monti going to do without extra draft capital next year? :D
I wouldn't be surprised if Monti trades down from our 1st round pick next year for some draft capital.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw a few shots of our War Room, and while the camera didn't rool for long, so I'm not sure, but I didn't see Drew Petzing (Sp?). Was he there?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison