Suns @ Timberwolves Saturday Playoff game thread, 4-20-24 - Game 1

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I guess it's safe to say the Lakers would prefer to deal with the Pels for the 7 seed than with us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have won all three regular season games against the Timberwolves.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
First round doesn't begin until April 20th at the earliest, so it could be up to a week before the next game. I ... kinda don't like that for Phoenix right now. They're on a roll and this gives KAT time to round back into shape. Wish we could get it on sooner.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be a tough series. Antman is going to posterize everyone at some point. Gobert will frustrate our big 3 if they try driving more than shooting from outside. Having KAT and Gobert out there means Vogel will need to play bigger than he normally does. Thad Young and Bol Bol will need to see some rotation minutes.

I still like this matchup more than any other team in the West. I'd rather play Minnesota than New Orleans. Hopefully we can stay healthy and win quick. I don't want to see it go 7. The longer the series, the more it favors Minnesota.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now the real test srason begins

Praying wishing right suns team shows up 1st round

Want to see big series gms by kd book beal nurik on def boards allan hiitting 3s

420 will be rdy for poff suns fan stress lol

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
This will be a tough series. Antman is going to posterize everyone at some point. Gobert will frustrate our big 3 if they try driving more than shooting from outside. Having KAT and Gobert out there means Vogel will need to play bigger than he normally does. Thad Young and Bol Bol will need to see some rotation minutes.

I still like this matchup more than any other team in the West. I'd rather play Minnesota than New Orleans. Hopefully we can stay healthy and win quick. I don't want to see it go 7. The longer the series, the more it favors Minnesota.
Other than Gobert (and Ant at times), Minnesota's defenders aren't super physical like we've seen from other teams. This gives me a little hope for a good first round matchup for Phoenix.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as frustrating as it was at times finished with a better record than last year, the west was just a beast this year!
Suns record was good enough for third in the east only one game behind second

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t deserve the sixth seed, but whatevs. Bring on the timberwolves
Well I think we do. 82 games is a big enough sample size, and none of the teams below us are better at full strength IMO.

I would like our chances in any series with the 7 through 10 seeds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Other than Gobert (and Ant at times), Minnesota's defenders aren't super physical like we've seen from other teams. This gives me a little hope for a good first round matchup for Phoenix.
McDaniel plays book very physical
And he’s long.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Did KD play the 5 at all this game?
I think a very few minutes. But he was going to play the equivalent of same no matter with Gobert, KAT, and naz Reid all getting substantial minutes. Lots of wrestling in the post. But we also played Thad young some minutes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Knicks get 2 seed with a measly 50 wins. Man is the eastern conference weak other than Celtics. All nba guys should lambasting them eastern conference.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if the Timberwolves beat us easily but I'm not sure we could have asked for a better first round matchup. That might even include the teams below us in the standings.

The NBA has to be incredibly excited looking at these matchups in both conferences, but especially the brutal western conference… At least from a competitive standpoint. I'm sure they would prefer Golden State and the Lakers safely in the playoffs.

The Celtics are the clear favorites in the eastern conference and I would say probably in the finals unless Denver comes out of the west. I really hope they have to play Philadelphia in the first round . If the Play in winners are LA and Golden State in the west and Miami and Philadelphia in the east the playoffs look like they are going to be so much fun to watch.

Go Suns!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard