The future of the Coyotes franchise...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Unforced error.

Bad move to begin with.
Yeah, the whole "the coyotes never called me to talk about a specific item that is involved in the $80m - $100m infrastructure portion of the land bid, which doesn't happen for 2 months and they haven't won yet for an project in a separate city" isn't exactly great either

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More and more it sounds like Arizona is getting an expansion team if the coyote leave.oof

Could be, but until I see a quote from the league or Meruelo, I'm content to wait until the auction. An eternity in Internet-time, I know, but crapping on the Yotes is an annual tradition when the season winds down. Get your clickety-clicks while you can!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also notice how the original Scottsdale Mayor comment went national but nary a peep about the less foreboding "clarification" he put out soon after. People are still running with the first statement and he's not even the mayor of the city that's being considered for the arena project. Tells you everything you need to know about this story and the coverage it will receive.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be, but until I see a quote from the league or Meruelo, I'm content to wait until the auction. An eternity in Internet-time, I know, but crapping on the Yotes is an annual tradition when the season winds down. Get your clickety-clicks while you can!
IT AINT RIGHT!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will really suck that in a few years this team is going to be very good. I will still be a fan if they are in Utah next year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was in Nevada when they got The Golden Knights. An expansion team like that hit the ground running. My only concern is I am assuming the current ownership will be leading that charge. I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand they hired a GM that was rebuilding the franchise in a sustainable way. Which I liked. However, the arena snafu, the mishandling of Glendale where they could have stayed until they got a new arena was awful. John Gambadoro was saying behind the scenes the NHL did NOT want the Yotes to make the playoffs and be playing in the Mullet. Gambo also said realistically we are looking at three seasons down the road before the new arena opens. The NHL does not want that to happen. Ideally, this "could" be a fresh start for hockey in the valley.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the voters of Tempe are thrilled.

They got to keep their landfill. Treasure that land fellas.
Don’t blame the people who voted. Their voices were heard. Blame all those who didn’t vote.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if the team does in fact leave for good for Utah and we get an expansion team - would the name Coyotes stay in Arizona? Utah Coyotes wouldn't make much sense, IMHO.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt Arizona will be offered an expansion team. Quebec, Houston & Kansas City are the favorites. Plus, there is no arena for an expansion team.