2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He cites LSU's ability to run by people and yet has Harrison 3rd even though he clocked to fastest game speed out of them all at 22.2 MPH. Weird.
You always have a few guys that want to be the outlier.

Even though I love Rome Odunze, I'd still take MHJ because of his profile. He has more of a "can't miss" feel to him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Simms cited the lack of YAC and lack of forced missed tackles.
Nabers - 30
Thomas - 12
MHJ - 5
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
But these guys played differently.

Nabers lined up in the slot matched up against Safeties and college nickels playing off coverage. Of course he's going to get some YAC.

Dumb.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Todd McShay on a pod yesterday said MHJ is the most NFL ready WR he’s evaluated but has Nabers as his WR1 because he has Tyreek Hill potential. Yet he said MHJ is #1 WR from day one. It’s just peak pre-draft gymnastics every year that gets me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He cites LSU's ability to run by people and yet has Harrison 3rd even though he clocked to fastest game speed out of them all at 22.2 MPH. Weird.

I feel like "fastest game speed" is the most overrated fake metric that people use. It's not about whether you can run by someone/run fast once; it's the consistency with which you're able to do it, your acceleration to top speed, etc., etc.

Bryant Johnson clocked a 4.47 40 his first run at the Combine. Never showed great speed as a pro. Michael Floyd ran a 4.30 40 at the Combine.

Todd McShay on a pod yesterday said MHJ is the most NFL ready WR he’s evaluated but has Nabers as his WR1 because he has Tyreek Hill potential. Yet he said MHJ is #1 WR from day one. It’s just peak pre-draft gymnastics every year that gets me.

Both of these things can be true at the same time.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Clocking the fastest time doesn't always mean you can run by people.

How well does he shed blocks?
Does he take time to get up to speed or is he explosive from jump?
Does he have the ability to make twitchy moves (see Michael Carter) to misdirect a defender?

Lots of things go into a receivers ability to blow by a defender.

I'm not saying MHJ does or doesn't have the above, because I honestly haven't watched much of his games. I do know Nabers has a lot of that, though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I feel like "fastest game speed" is the most overrated fake metric that people use. It's not about whether you can run by someone/run fast once; it's the consistency with which you're able to do it, your acceleration to top speed, etc., etc.

Bryant Johnson clocked a 4.47 40 his first run at the Combine. Never showed great speed as a pro. Michael Floyd ran a 4.30 40 at the Combine.

Yes it can be true that Nabers projects as the guy who’s maybe the greatest unicorn in league history.

McShay also said MHJ might just be a CeeDee Lamb type WR who’s great not a HOF player. In that hypothetical our pick at 4 should already be in.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Agree on 40 time. But Marvin did it in a game

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I actually think Odunze is the best fit for this offense and this QB.
Agreed. While Daniel Jeremiah compares Odunze to Larry Fitzgerald, Brett Kollman compares Odunze to DeAndre Hopkins. I can see some DHop to Odunze's game.

He has the ability to make contested catches where even the hotdog vendor knows the ball is going his way.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, here's the MHJ 22.2 play.

Judge for yourselves. He kind of has an Adrian Peterson gallop to his stride after he clears the DB and hits the open field.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Simms is no draft expert just another voice making a mock draft, probably not any better than most of you on the Board. It's draft season, a fun time of the year for draftniks. I'm one and have been for almost 70 years. It just means I have made more wrong picks than any of you. However, I'll still take Harrison over all the other WRs. :thumbup:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Chris Simms is no draft expert just another voice making a mock draft, probably not any better than most of you on the Board. It's draft season, a fun time of the year for draftniks. I'm one and have been for almost 70 years. It just means I have made more wrong picks than any of you. However, I'll still take Harrison over all the other WRs. :thumbup:
Right there with ya. I remember frantically collecting magazines leading up to the draft...building a full 3 round mock...then having to get up at 5am Saturday and Sunday to see how many picks I got right.
My best year I nailed 9 of the top 10 picks...but usually never nailed a single pick after the 2nd round. After the top 50 or 60 picks the guys are usually too close.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Right there with ya. I remember frantically collecting magazines leading up to the draft...building a full 3 round mock...then having to get up at 5am Saturday and Sunday to see how many picks I got right.
My best year I nailed 9 of the top 10 picks...but usually never nailed a single pick after the 2nd round. After the top 50 or 60 picks the guys are usually too close.
Ahhh the Saturday morning drafts on ESPN. I used to love watching that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard